Science behind PH-controlled creatine...suspect?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kre-Alkalyn, etc

Very crudely put, they attach something "basic" to buffer the creatine in an attempt to make it more useable to/by the body.

They claim there is significantly LESS conversion to Creatinine (toxic kidney byproduct) and Creatine maintains its structure and does its job more directly and effectively as a result.

My Creatinine levels are always high ( :( ) so this appeals to me unless the science is BUNK.

Chemistry Geeks - where u at?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...................................:wall:

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here.

If at the very least, it's comparable to creatine Mono AND has the added benefit of reduced creatinine (byproduct), we shoud all be interested!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Creatine monohydrate has been demonstrated to have a 99% bioavailability.

My point was that the claims are BS. The ingredient works...just no better than mono, and thus not worth the extra money.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you want the specifics, the max rate of creatine degradation to creatinine occurs at pH of 3-4. So Kre-alkalyn could increase bioavailability...but it could also decrease it, depending on when you consume the creatine.

This would all be worth pondering......IF monohydrate was converted to creatinine to any significant degree, which it is not.

Adam M. Persky,1 Gayle A. Brazeau2 and Gunther Hochhaus1
Pharmacokinetics of the Dietary Supplement Creatine

"The degradation half-lives for the conversion of creatine to creatinine at pH values 1.4, 3.7 and 6.8 are 55, 7.5 and 40.5 days, respectively. At these rates,less than 0.1g of a 5g dose would be lost in 1 hour. Therefore, the conversion to creatinine in the gastrointestinal tract is probably minimal regardless of transit time."

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine monohydrate has been demonstrated to have a 99% bioavailability.

My point was that the claims are BS. The ingredient works...just no better than mono, and thus not worth the extra money.
Thanks coop. I was only asking for more detail because. I know what you say isn't just bs

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff coop

Thanks ;)

NFC

NFC

Awards
i've heard mixed things about kre alk, i could be wrong, but i was under the impression that all american efx was the one that funded all of its studies. raises my eyebrow a little bit. and i know sci fit lost their contract with all american as well. but every person i know thats taken it, said they loved it.