$53 for protein wtf!!!

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I just went and got my 5lb jug of ON Whey price went up again cant believe this ****..

Been taking protein powder regularly for a few yrs now.. Thinking about not taking at all....

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Oh yeah? back in my day we had to walk 6 miles uphill in the snow with no shoes to the local farm and milk the cows, then curdle and strain the milk just to get our whey.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Oh yeah? back in my day we had to walk 6 miles uphill in the snow with no shoes to the local farm and milk the cows, then curdle and strain the milk just to get our whey.
when we were young they didn't HAVE whey protein!.......we had to eat raw eggs for our protein....and we got salmonella poisoning and threw our guts up every day.....and we'd fart ourselves out of the house, and had to sleep outside in the snow!...with no blanket or snuggie!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
when we were young they didn't HAVE whey protein!.......we had to eat raw eggs for our protein....and we got salmonella poisoning and threw our guts up every day.....and we'd fart ourselves out of the house, and had to sleep outside in the snow!...with no blanket or snuggie!!!
hahaha was it cold?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think I started taking in additional protein when I was 15 ish.....so I was out of massachusetts by then and in florida, so I guess it was 90 degrees with 1000% humidity and sweltering :D so opposite of cold, I got heat stroke LOL......
Wish I started lifting when I was 17... oh em gee I'm 197 now,
If I would've started back then could be in the mid 2s...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Wish I started lifting when I was 17... oh em gee I'm 197 now,
If I would've started back then could be in the mid 2s...
not necessarily....gains are not perpetual like that....and once you reach a certain genetic potential naturally you will need more and more roids to push the limits, not just PH's and natural stuff. You can do well naturally and with PH's....but not 5-9 and 250.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just went and got my 5lb jug of ON Whey price went up again cant believe this ****..

Been taking protein powder regularly for a few yrs now.. Thinking about not taking at all....
idk if your taking BCAAs, but the prices on those are about to go up as well. this has been expected for a long time now. i had a conversation with the owner of the supplement shop i go to a while back and he explained it all. something about the prices in China and something about cows. idk lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not necessarily....gains are not perpetual like that....and once you reach a certain genetic potential naturally you will need more and more roids to push the limits, not just PH's and natural stuff. You can do well naturally and with PH's....but not 5-9 and 250.
yeah. once i hit my limit naturally, i will change my perspective on things and focus on being shredded.

steppinRazor

Awards
really the price on everything is going up..blame the oil companies.

i did however just buy 5 - 5lb jugs of myofusion for 30 bucks a pop. good stuff too, too bad they going to some probiotic bull****

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah. once i hit my limit naturally, i will change my perspective on things and focus on being shredded.
that is exactly what happens, you have to start focusing on your conditioning, being as lean as possible....and you can always turn to the roids as well. Its an individual choice at that point. But the PH's and designers these days can help you push your "natural" limit :D although many will say that is not natural of course.....

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Man I stopped taking protein powders for a while and got all my proteins from food and I actually made good gains. Go find yourself a whole-seller and buy your self 40lbs of 97% lean beef and have half a pound post workout ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah protein is going up, i stock up whenever i can find 5lbs under $30....maybe i'll go back to what my dad said he did as a kid.....his buddy and him used to go to the local parlor and drink milk shakes everyday haha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing new about this. Wholesale prices have steadily been going up for a while and there's no sign of it changing. In fact, it will keep going up.

That's why I stock up during sales whenever I can and currently have probably close to 100lbs of protein hoarded away.

Watch for sales and get it whenever you can. I'd rely even more on whole food if it wasn't more expensive/less convenient. With whey prices climbing, though, opting for cans of tuna is gonna end up being cheaper, again, though.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Man I remember the days when 5 pounds was 24.99 at wal-mart.

D3Baseball

Awards
Yep, the days of cheap protein are over :(

It's always yummier to have some meat anyway, though!

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
5lbs of SAN Performance Whey can be had for $30 :eek:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
ntbm whey is only 42 shipped with the 15% code. i know its not 30 bux but its better than 53. when i see cheap cheap whey i always look at the profile. 9 times out of 10 its pretty much concentrate. i pass.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ntbm whey is only 42 shipped with the 15% code. i know its not 30 bux but its better than 53. when i see cheap cheap whey i always look at the profile. 9 times out of 10 its pretty much concentrate. i pass.
Good point, man.

I'm such a nerd that I also multiply the amount of protein per serving by the number of servings and then compare the total amount of protein versus the price. A lot of the cheaper proteins only have 18g per scoop or sometimes less (on top of sometimes being just concentrate).

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Good point, man.

I'm such a nerd that I also multiply the amount of protein per serving by the number of servings and then compare the total amount of protein versus the price. A lot of the cheaper proteins only have 18g per scoop or sometimes less (on top of sometimes being just concentrate).
exactly, i dont care how much bullsh!t is in there. i want quality. now i only buy iso but once in a while i go whey blend.

the scoup size is also a good thing to pay attetion to, esp when crunching numbers on servings, etc. if one guy has 26g scoup, the other 18g.....thats 30% less. something most prolly wouldnt put into the equation.

Now, lately, i go whey iso, bcaa, and muscle replenisher (post wo carb/pro drink). just 1 iso skake a day, 1 post WO drink, 3 - 12-15g BCAA drinks ED.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
7-8 years ago that use to buy you the 10 lb bag

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MGN isolate 5 lbs for $36 at your favorite planet

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
80 bucks for isopure 8lb size. 52 servings of 50 grams isolate. If you use it PWO only that's like 3 1/2 months. Not bad since its isolate. I can eat 90% of the remainder from food. Or some egg powder non-WO mornings.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
boys and girls....

get your credit cards ready..... possible another Protean sale? maybe....just sign up for our iForce newsletter and get FULLY AWARE...

Chocolate Truffle is some damn good chit

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Nothing new about this. Wholesale prices have steadily been going up for a while and there's no sign of it changing. In fact, it will keep going up.

That's why I stock up during sales whenever I can and currently have probably close to 100lbs of protein hoarded away.

Watch for sales and get it whenever you can. I'd rely even more on whole food if it wasn't more expensive/less convenient. With whey prices climbing, though, opting for cans of tuna is gonna end up being cheaper, again, though.
Exactly bro. I hit sales up like crazy for food. Costco does wonders, then some whey to build muscle on top of it

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
52 bucks for 100% ON Whey. 74 servings or something....thats a ton of servings...sure its expensive but price per serving hard to beat that

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'll solve this problem right now: go your local grocery store and buy a prepared roasted chicken; Should be 7-8$$ and can last you a 1-3 days depending on how you eat it... Maybe even 4. :)

steppinRazor

Awards
I'll solve this problem right now: go your local grocery store and buy a prepared roasted chicken; Should be 7-8$$ and can last you a 1-3 days depending on how you eat it... Maybe even 4. :)
i eat one them bishes in one sitting...shooooo watchoo talkin bout homie

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i eat one them bishes in one sitting...shooooo watchoo talkin bout homie
Still ain't bad 3 times 7=21 and ur getting real food so you'll probably come out better that way.

steppinRazor

Awards
nah forreal those things aint a bad deal..ready to eat too, cant beat that. might just pick one up tomorrow actually

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
nah forreal those things aint a bad deal..ready to eat too, cant beat that. might just pick one up tomorrow actually

I should start reppin for grocery store chicken haha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Chicken, recompadrol, anything else you wanna rep for?
hey bro, who do you rep for? rotisserie chicken

;) I wouldn't mind representing for chicken, recompadrol and Nimbus haha...
Have all the free chicken, protein I could need and recompadrol would cover me for my carbs haha...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Those chickens are good, assloads of protein.....I eat a half of one at a time, that is like 70-80 grams protein minimum...a whole chicken is a bit much for me. But its pretty easy to get 200-240 grams of protein from food alone if you make even a small effort. You just gotta make the right choices for protein sources. Only reason I ever really need protein powders is for PWO or morning time when I first wake up and am not hungry/in a rush.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
why does everyone hate concentrate? Its the same thing as isolate it just has some fat and lactose. If you are bulking and can digest lactose then it will give u the same gains as isolate.. it's still whey

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
why does everyone hate concentrate? Its the same thing as isolate it just has some fat and lactose. If you are bulking and can digest lactose then it will give u the same gains as isolate.. it's still whey
Protein is protein for me I don't give a shít

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
well you answered your own question with the part about lactose, many people seem to have a hard time digesting that....so it would pay to use the isolate. also...in my case...i'm kinda bourgie (bourgeoisie) and use the best stuff available :D

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
well you answered your own question with the part about lactose, many people seem to have a hard time digesting that....so it would pay to use the isolate. also...in my case...i'm kinda bourgie (bourgeoisie) and use the best stuff available :D
Lactose intolerance is one reason yes..but a lot of people can digest lactose and still have an issue with concentrate... lactose and some fat are not "bad" for you... so I do not see how isolate is superior to concentrate or a mix of concentrate/isolate. But I am a college student so I guess when I am older and have more money maybe Ill buy the the pure stuff..but prob not lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I make damn decent money and I buy what ever I want supplement wise... Does get out of hand when that happens I do a flash sale, but Bird was a browser he didn't purchase anything :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Lactose intolerance is one reason yes..but a lot of people can digest lactose and still have an issue with concentrate... lactose and some fat are not "bad" for you... so I do not see how isolate is superior to concentrate or a mix of concentrate/isolate. But I am a college student so I guess when I am older and have more money maybe Ill buy the the pure stuff..but prob not lol
whey is (probably) whey....but I suppose a lot of it comes from the fact that many people want "the best" form of whatever they buy..... even if it doesn't make sense....I used to always buy isolate, then said WTF am I doing and went with regular ON whey blend....but lately I have been trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my digestion so I have been trying to eliminate anything I can that might upset that issue. you can't eliminate everything unless you are super strict, but I figure may as well eliminate what I can. Plus I take the whey PWO only at this time, so why not buy the isolate I figure....

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
whey is (probably) whey....but I suppose a lot of it comes from the fact that many people want "the best" form of whatever they buy..... even if it doesn't make sense....I used to always buy isolate, then said WTF am I doing and went with regular ON whey blend....but lately I have been trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my digestion so I have been trying to eliminate anything I can that might upset that issue. you can't eliminate everything unless you are super strict, but I figure may as well eliminate what I can. Plus I take the whey PWO only at this time, so why not buy the isolate I figure....
yeah for digestive issues isolate could deff be of benefit.. and maybe I could see the argument that since there is no fat in isolate itl absorb faster after a workout compared to concentrate. I generally use the whey protein in shakes with milk and oats so Im just adding lactose to more lactose lol. and good example of wanting the best of something is how many damn versions of creatine there are now lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
yeah for digestive issues isolate could deff be of benefit.. and maybe I could see the argument that since there is no fat in isolate itl absorb faster after a workout compared to concentrate. I generally use the whey protein in shakes with milk and oats so Im just adding lactose to more lactose lol. and good example of wanting the best of something is how many damn versions of creatine there are now lol
Lots of creatine, it's like everything people who get into it when newer stuff is available use the newer stuff and people who used the previous stuff usually stick with that....

I'm saying old use the old, new use the new.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah that is one of the many things I have not taken out of my diet....milk, I need to drink it with certain things. Its just how it is LOL. so there goes the lactose for the day if I drink milk. but I don't drink it that much, I go on kicks where I drink it a lot....then a week where I barely touch it.