agmatine vs. glycerol.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Which is better? Am I correct in my assumption that agmatine is good for pumps,and also has a nutrient partitioning effect? Glycerol from what I understand hydrates muscle, replenishing glycogen stores and gives great fullness? And finally are they stackable or better taken separately?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you are referring to glycerol monostearate, it actually dehydrates the myocyte and brings water into the interstitium (not good). Glycerol won't replenish glycogen stores either, but it will give you an aesthetic pump. Agmatine provides a functional pump through an increase in NO, as well as nutrient partitioning and a mood uplift effect.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are referring to glycerol monostearate, it actually dehydrates the myocyte and brings water into the interstitium (not good). Glycerol won't replenish glycogen stores either, but it will give you an aesthetic pump. Agmatine provides a functional pump through an increase in NO, as well as nutrient partitioning and a mood uplift effect.
Looks like agmatine is the way to go
coops a smart guy ;)

GMS is more for the "aesthetic" pump.......whereas agmatine actually has a lot of other benefits aside from giving a pump :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like agmatine is the way to go
Get both with Hemavol :D

Personally tho I definitely feel Agmatine is definitely the way to go and mr.cooper69 summed it up pretty well.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Glycerol pumps dont last long. Seems like right when the workouts done im pissing every 5 minutes and quickly deflating. Agmatine is good for long lasting pumps. Usually lasts a good bit after the workout and i have a semi-pump for the rest of the day until i go to sleep. Glycerol is cheap as balls and agmatine is a little more expensive, but still very reasonably priced.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
learn something everyday!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine...how much a day is affective? 500mg? Before lifting?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Agmatine...how much a day is affective? 500mg? Before lifting?
theres quite a few dosing options:

500mg in the morning with first meal, then 500mg pre workout

1g pre workout

500mg pre workout, 500mg pre-post workout meal

theres a few others, but those would be the "most popular" :p

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I love agmatine more than my mother. Jk. But agmatine allows my carb intake to increase by 100-150 pounds without any noticeable weight gain.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agmatine for sure, but adding glycerine mono will add size temporarily, good for PICS ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Like agmatine a lot, thought about dosing 1500mg today's...

500 am meal
500 pwo
Thought about taking another 500 post but I didn't.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agmatime is better for a workout imo.. but GMS drastically alters my physique for a good period of time in terms of fullness, vascularity, tightness and hardness.

Mike

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agmatime is better for a workout imo.. but GMS drastically alters my physique for a good period of time in terms of fullness, vascularity, tightness and hardness.

Mike
Mike you like agmatime before workouts only? how do you dose yours?

Agmatine all day long.
Nate, you like it all day long? how do you dose your?

I always think varying perspectives and opinions is a good idea.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, it's an expression. Agmatine is best taken with a high carb meal, first thing in the morning, or preworkout.
Cool. does it act kind of like an insulin mimetic making the carbs store more into the muscles?

would it aid fatloss at all?

I take l carntine tartrate and bcaa's first thing upon awaking

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cool. does it act kind of like an insulin mimetic making the carbs store more into the muscles?

would it aid fatloss at all?

I take l carntine tartrate and bcaa's first thing upon awaking
I guess you could put it that way with regards to nutrient partitioning. This makes it great for preserving strength on a cut. Taking a small dose (250mg) of agmatine with your morning BCAAs may not be a bad idea.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mike you like agmatime before workouts only? how do you dose yours?

Nate, you like it all day long? how do you dose your?

I always think varying perspectives and opinions is a good idea.
I use 5 tabs of hemavol right when I wake up. Before my workout depending on when it is, I either use maximize v.2, or glycerol + 1g NA + 10g Creatine mono.. gives me some sick pumps.

Mike

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess you could put it that way with regards to nutrient partitioning. This makes it great for preserving strength on a cut. Taking a small dose (250mg) of agmatine with your morning BCAAs may not be a bad idea.
great information. I am still learning about it. think I will try this , then take another 500 mgs or up to a gram pre workout as I am on a "cut".

at the very least Ill take 500 or a gram pre workout because Ive ssen some people, (Mike I think likes this way) say this is the best overall way. I think its splitting hairs on which way is best and so minimal it doesnt matter that much as you can do them both or one or the other.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great information. I am still learning about it. think I will try this , then take another 500 mgs or up to a gram pre workout as I am on a "cut".

at the very least Ill take 500 or a gram pre workout because Ive ssen some people, (Mike I think likes this way) say this is the best overall way. I think its splitting hairs on which way is best and so minimal it doesnt matter that much as you can do them both or one or the other.
truthfully, in the supplement world.. i dont think much matters with how you dose it.