LCLT Question

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
I have a tub of LCLT which I attempted to cap. This turned out to be harder than expected due to the LCLT being sticky/tacky. It clumps up and sticks to the tamper instead of remaining in the caps.
Also, I noticed that the granules of LCLT that spilled on to my glass table turned to a liquid in about ten minutes. So now I have little droplets instead of granules. The LCLT on the spoon I was using, on the included scooper and on the inside lip of the tub also turned to liquid after being exposed to open air for 10-15 minutes .
Is it normal for LCLT to turn to liquid when not sealed in a container?
Thanks

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive seen a lot of liquid carnitine preparations, but your saying your powder turned from a solid to a liquid out of the blue... that seems highly unusual.

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
Ive seen a lot of liquid carnitine preparations, but your saying your powder turned from a solid to a liquid out of the blue... that seems highly unusual.
That's what it appeared to do. The LCLT that spilled on the glass table turned to little liquid droplets. The LCLT that I capped cracked all the caps. The LCLT on the spoon, scooper, capping machine, and other equipment turned to liquid as well. It's a very sticky liquid with a thick consistency, I guess from the salt in it.
I'm not sure if it's drawing the moisture from the air or what. I don't suspect the humidity is too high in my house, but maybe. I've given up on capping it.
I know that ALCAR can be somewhat sticky too. PLCAR even more sticky. But LCLT just seems to melt when exposed to open air for 15-20mins.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
but seriously....down here it is very humid....so I put one of those dessicant packets into the LCLT container, to counteract the moisture...won't help with capping, but just sayin'....

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
sounds like that terminator T-1000 unit from T3.....fuqer turned from a solid into liquid metal then back again. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!
Yeah, might have to keep my eye on this. Don't want any little T-1000s runnin round my house. LOL

but seriously....down here it is very humid....so I put one of those dessicant packets into the LCLT container, to counteract the moisture...won't help with capping, but just sayin'....
I'll have to try out those little "anti-moisture" packets. Also, might do more experimenting with LCLT. Maybe I'll take some time lapse photos and post them. :) Nat Geo style!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
strange. ive used protocol in the past, wich has 2g/serving never had any issues like that..........and my bulk LCLT powder from NP sure as hell doesnt haha

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah, might have to keep my eye on this. Don't want any little T-1000s runnin round my house. LOL

I'll have to try out those little "anti-moisture" packets. Also, might do more experimenting with LCLT. Maybe I'll take some time lapse photos and post them. :) Nat Geo style!
I always save those moisture packets and reuse them. PP has some huge ones in the androseries products ;) they are all great though especially for amino powders (glutamine and lclt being the worst offenders for me)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
strange. ive used protocol in the past, wich has 2g/serving never had any issues like that..........and my bulk LCLT powder from NP sure as hell doesnt haha
same experience for me here.

Mike