Rising price of Whey....

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
With the rising price of Whey Proteins, what is the reason you buy the Protein you buy....

• Price
  • Quality
  • Blend
  • Flavor
  • Hype
  • Brand

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy it to make my protein balls... seriously I don't see any need for whey any more and there has been no negative effects from me not taking it, instead I just eat protein rich food. It could a the effect of IF diet but I don't believe in any kind of short anabolic window any more. I am thinking it's probably about 8 hours long so there is no hurrry to get protein in after a workout. That being the case I would rather have an extra peice of chicken or a bigger steak. I am gaining lean mass better or just as well as I ever have.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Damn dream weaver u might have supp companies gunning for you with statements like that lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Possibly, I have no problem with people using whey if that's how they want to get protein in their diet, I just prefer food over powder. I have no difficulty getting in enough protein in my diet. Powder should be looked at as a convenience rather than a necesity...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use ON 100% whey. One shake a day either 30 min after breakfast or post workout. I take it cause in the mornings I have class and can't really eat anything except small snacks like almonds. Post workout I cook, so having that shake holds me over cause I'm usually starving.

I will continue to buy it. It's $50 right now, if it gets to $60,I'll stop

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
price plays a huge role anymore.....obviously i look into the blend and trust of the company making it

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
the only reason I still buy whey is because I cook with them,
all my desserts being a low carber are whey based, bars, cookies,
fluffs, brownies, pancakes, rolls, cheesecake..

I buy bulk, pick the cheapest with the best flavor

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With the rising price of Whey Proteins, what is the reason you buy the Protein you buy....

• Price
  • Quality
  • Blend
  • Flavor
  • Hype
  • Brand
I think it's very difficult to find quality protein sources, especially from the mainstream brands. They tend to use cheap sources of whey and what not. I can think of two companies I rely on (a bit more expensive) for quality protein.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I buy it to make my protein balls... seriously I don't see any need for whey any more and there has been no negative effects from me not taking it, instead I just eat protein rich food. It could a the effect of IF diet but I don't believe in any kind of short anabolic window any more. I am thinking it's probably about 8 hours long so there is no hurrry to get protein in after a workout. That being the case I would rather have an extra peice of chicken or a bigger steak. I am gaining lean mass better or just as well as I ever have.
I always prefer whole foods over powders... sometimes in a bind or traveling I have to use the powder... Or, since my diet is SO clean, I use a "choclate" protein shake as dessert for myself HA!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yah that's basically what I mean, all a matter of preference really...

Breaking news .. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/186908-finaflex-breaking-news-10.html
Most of the price increase has to do with companies like Colgate-Palmolive, Mead-Johnson Nutrition, Abbott Labs, and some of the other publicly-traded giants getting into the category and using whey in many of their formulations- the increased demand drives the price up significantly and puts a strain on the existing supply.....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of the price increase has to do with companies like Colgate-Palmolive, Mead-Johnson Nutrition, Abbott Labs, and some of the other publicly-traded giants getting into the category and using whey in many of their formulations- the increased demand drives the price up significantly and puts a strain on the existing supply.....
Makes sense...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this the same reason for the rising cost of BCAAs?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Yeah bro I hear ya! I always keep a tub of Whey in my kitchen IF I am in a rush to eat a post workout meal. If not I try and eat whole foods post workout. Completely cutting out shakes from your diet will make your body more harder and leaner from what I see.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is this the same reason for the rising cost of BCAAs?
Leucine prices are killing everybody- one of the starting materials for leucine is corn, and ethanol subsidies have really eaten up the supply quite a bit (corn is the starting material for ethanol)...

Believe it or not, isoleucine and valine have actually stayed pretty stable from a cost standpoint....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
price and brand for me.