Mentally unprepared for stopping fat burners, advice?

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

So tomorrow marks the scheduled Start of my 2 month stimulant free run. I have been looking forward to it, but now that it's here, I'm extremely anxious n nervous, to the point I'm losing sleep typing this n have to be up in 5 hours.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads thi whole thing and replies...

Background:
    - I am 23, 5'7 160-162
    - I have been maintaining this weight since last June by doing 4-5 days of cardio (3 hiit, 2 low intensity) n eating low carb.
    - I have been taking two fat burners stacked for the past year, year n a half and at least one fat burner for the past 3-4 years with no breaks. Yes. No breaks, not one day. Stacks have included thyroid supps, stims, heavy caffeine, n ephedra, beta 2's, everything...
    - I am stopping oxy elite (3/day) and shift (3/day)
    - for my non stim run this month, I am going to take: revamp, rk500(3/day), tta500(2/day), acety l carn+cla blend (1600mg alc+2400mg cla), and abdominal cuts which is an efa blend with some fucoxanathan, lipotrophin pm (2/night)
    - I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)
    - I am a recovered anorexic with severe hatred and fear of getting/being fat. My mood is valued on if I am content with my body or not. I am stopping these stims for two months bc I have been on for so long and want to try and show myself I don't need them to stay lean, I would also like to put on some mass. I'm not afraid of gaining weight, just fat.
    - I'm really just not prepared to do this, but I have no stims on hand, and my gf is keeping me in check so I don't buy any and follow thru with this plan.
    -I also have a one week lay off planned in mid feb once I am uses to being off the stims bc I have not taken more than 2 days off in a row in over a year from training... Probably wasn't the best plan to take a layoff while not on stims
    -I'm trying to rationalize that I am still taking fat burners with the rk,tta, cla, and an cuts, plus the prom/primal stack and ap... Everything LOOKS good in theory, but I gain fat SO easy, I'm just really nervous.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.79%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

The best non-stim suppliment to help with staying lean is a nutrient partitioner, although in looking at your new stack, it seems like some of the ingredients function in that regard.

You will be fine, your body needs this more than you need to avoid fat, fat can be removed, just don't go overboard on anything. You are incredibly lean in your avatar. Let your body relax, your mind needs the break from the stims as well. Heck, maybe give some natty test boosters and such a try as well for a mini-leangains cycle of sorts (DAA/Erase combo?). With how long you've been "dieting" (as far as your body can tell) you should be more than primed to add some quality mass as long as you keep the calories clean and high enough.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    The best non-stim suppliment to help with staying lean is a nutrient partitioner, although in looking at your new stack, it seems like some of the ingredients function in that regard.

You will be fine, your body needs this more than you need to avoid fat, fat can be removed, just don't go overboard on anything. You are incredibly lean in your avatar. Let your body relax, your mind needs the break from the stims as well. Heck, maybe give some natty test boosters and such a try as well for a mini-leangains cycle of sorts (DAA/Erase combo?). With how long you've been "dieting" (as far as your body can tell) you should be more than primed to add some quality mass as long as you keep the calories clean and high enough.

ManBeast

Stated Above

I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)

Prometheus rising is daa, forskolin, na r ala and agmatine, it's killer! N primal male is fadogia, icarin, eurcoma (spelling) zinc, n i3c.

I just cane off erase n anabeta for December n Jan.

I decided I'm just gonna reduce my dosage of stims dramatically... I'm gonna finish out my bottle of shift (thyrogenic nonstim) at 2 caps in stead of 3. Then take 2 caps of adipo x instead of 4 daily (use up samples I have) then take 1 oep (have on hand) instead of 3. So by reducing the doses and Not stacking 2- I will ease my mind and still be able to feel like I'm on... And will allow my body to rest still.. Thinking of it as a morning cup of Joe..
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.14%

Stick to that B complex like glue man - B vitamins have made a huge difference in the way I feel when off stimulants. I'd even recommend extra methylcobalamin, preferably taken sublingually or bucally.

Dsade used to make Performa-Strips - they'd be perfect if you can find some. I also know Swanson Vitamins has sublingual 5mg tabs for pretty cheap; that's what I'm currently using. The B12 annihilates my anxiety.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve
    Stick to that B complex like glue man - B vitamins have made a huge difference in the way I feel when off stimulants. I'd even recommend extra methylcobalamin, preferably taken sublingually or bucally.

Dsade used to make Performa-Strips - they'd be perfect if you can find some. I also know Swanson Vitamins has sublingual 5mg tabs for pretty cheap; that's what I'm currently using. The B12 annihilates my anxiety.
    Good idea. I might pick up some b12 for extra pre wo energy.. Maybe take two tablets spread out instead of one daily of my b50 complex..
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.49%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Wow b12 stops anxiety ha, was wondering why I wasent having anxiety attacks
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.6%

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    So tomorrow marks the scheduled Start of my 2 month stimulant free run. I have been looking forward to it, but now that it's here, I'm extremely anxious n nervous, to the point I'm losing sleep typing this n have to be up in 5 hours.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads thi whole thing and replies...

Background:
    - I am 23, 5'7 160-162
    - I have been maintaining this weight since last June by doing 4-5 days of cardio (3 hiit, 2 low intensity) n eating low carb.
    - I have been taking two fat burners stacked for the past year, year n a half and at least one fat burner for the past 3-4 years with no breaks. Yes. No breaks, not one day. Stacks have included thyroid supps, stims, heavy caffeine, n ephedra, beta 2's, everything...
    - I am stopping oxy elite (3/day) and shift (3/day)
    - for my non stim run this month, I am going to take: revamp, rk500(3/day), tta500(2/day), acety l carn+cla blend (1600mg alc+2400mg cla), and abdominal cuts which is an efa blend with some fucoxanathan, lipotrophin pm (2/night)
    - I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)
    - I am a recovered anorexic with severe hatred and fear of getting/being fat. My mood is valued on if I am content with my body or not. I am stopping these stims for two months bc I have been on for so long and want to try and show myself I don't need them to stay lean, I would also like to put on some mass. I'm not afraid of gaining weight, just fat.
    - I'm really just not prepared to do this, but I have no stims on hand, and my gf is keeping me in check so I don't buy any and follow thru with this plan.
    -I also have a one week lay off planned in mid feb once I am uses to being off the stims bc I have not taken more than 2 days off in a row in over a year from training... Probably wasn't the best plan to take a layoff while not on stims
    -I'm trying to rationalize that I am still taking fat burners with the rk,tta, cla, and an cuts, plus the prom/primal stack and ap... Everything LOOKS good in theory, but I gain fat SO easy, I'm just really nervous.
    The Revamp from Southland should help out quite a bit

Some other options are:
    L-Tyrosine 1-2 grams per day
    DHEA 15 mg/day
    L-Phenylalanine 1 gram per day
    Resveratrol and quercetin together have some fat-burning attributes
    Forskolin

These are things I have used in the past when I have gone stim-free- they help, but it still sucks, at least mentally...the SAMe and 5-HTP will help out as well, especially with mood...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80

The Revamp from Southland should help out quite a bit

Some other options are:
    L-Tyrosine 1-2 grams per day
    DHEA 15 mg/day
    L-Phenylalanine 1 gram per day
    Resveratrol and quercetin together have some fat-burning attributes
    Forskolin

These are things I have used in the past when I have gone stim-free- they help, but it still sucks, at least mentally...the SAMe and 5-HTP will help out as well, especially with mood...
    I am taking 1g l tyro regularly even when on stims , there is 500mg of forskolin in Prometheus Rising I get quercitin from emergen c packets too
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

The withdrawal head aches r starting :/
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

need2slin i woulc rec and still soem green tea every day.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.79%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Been there done that when i went cold turkey on a 2 litre/day pepsi max habit. Good thing is they don't last long. Orgasms help get rid of them (no joke).

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs
    need2slin i woulc rec and still soem green tea every day.
    Drink green tea after last meal every night

Ran out of n2s... Had ap on hand so I started it up again. Budget is tight
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Been there done that when i went cold turkey on a 2 litre/day pepsi max habit. Good thing is they don't last long. Orgasms help get rid of them (no joke).

ManBeast
    Nice! I'll show my gf lol
  14. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.14%

Quote Originally Posted by thyrod View Post
    Wow b12 stops anxiety ha, was wondering why I wasent having anxiety attacks
    Deficiency of B12 is also associated with depression - it's great stuff to improve your mood all the way around

***NOW @ NP***
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Deficiency of B12 is also associated with depression - it's great stuff to improve your mood all the way around
    totally!
    I dont eat meat so taking in some extra b-12 is a main thing for me.

alot out there dont have enuff and alot even have issues with absorbing b-12 due to genetics.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

deff intake extra b-complex and + extra b-12
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs
    deff intake extra b-complex and + extra b-12
    What's a good amt of b12? And best dose timing for energy?
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.14%

5mg of methylcobalamin pre-workout has always been plenty for me.

***NOW @ NP***
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.6%

The withdrawal head aches r starting :/
    Yeah- that part sucks....I don't think I could take a break of off stims, even if I wanted to- we run all of our products here, so there are enormous amounts of stims around constantly- we go through roughly 400 kg/month of caffeine alone up here between our line and contract mfr.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.77%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

Start smoking! Just kidding though

If this addiction is causing withdrawal and anxiety have you considered seeking some professional counseling? I hear that can help quite a bit with the root causes/coping etc.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Ginandtonic
    Start smoking! Just kidding though

If this addiction is causing withdrawal and anxiety have you considered seeking some professional counseling? I hear that can help quite a bit with the root causes/coping etc.
    Never smoke! Lol. Addiction, yes. But that's a start.. Acknowledging it lol.. But I decided to just go super low dose.. I cant function without it.. Thinking of it as a replacement for coffee.. No harm, it is what it is I guess!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

I take 500mcg (5mg) subligual from puritanspride.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  23. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    I take 500mcg (5mg) subligual from puritanspride.
    Not sure if typo, but FYI:

5000mcg = 5mg

500mcg = 0.5mg

***NOW @ NP***
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Have you ever heard of adrenal fatigue?!?! There's a reason fat burners are meant to be cycled and not used longer than about 8 weeks! Also, your training will improve if you give yourself rest days. Talk to any bodybuilder or competitor (like me) and they'll tell you rest is necessary! I'm currently 9 weeks out from a show and I'm not taking any fat burners as of yet. Your diet is about 80% of your success. I only add a fat burner if I plateau or need help with the last few lbs. this time off will be good for you to see what you're made of! Discipline your dedication!
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by angelinejones
    Have you ever heard of adrenal fatigue?!?! There's a reason fat burners are meant to be cycled and not used longer than about 8 weeks! Also, your training will improve if you give yourself rest days. Talk to any bodybuilder or competitor (like me) and they'll tell you rest is necessary! I'm currently 9 weeks out from a show and I'm not taking any fat burners as of yet. Your diet is about 80% of your success. I only add a fat burner if I plateau or need help with the last few lbs. this time off will be good for you to see what you're made of! Discipline your dedication!
    Yea I've heard of it n the one day I took off was literally pure hell and torture on earth. I felt like inwss getting hit by a bus.. Light, sounds, sudden movement made my head throb! My diet Is clean. I cheat once every week or two. I always rest on sat/sun n recently moved from 5 days lifting to 4 to 3 now until I start cutting again. So I have definitely made huge progress in my workouts/rest. But I think the sad truth Is that I need the stimulants... 4 years on lol. They really only help me function than actually burn fat at this point..
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%

I never cycle off coffee. Everything else I can taper down and go off, and I try to schedule that for times when I'm not doing something important, obviously.

Rhodiola is awesome too.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Flabby
    I never cycle off coffee. Everything else I can taper down and go off, and I try to schedule that for times when I'm not doing something important, obviously.

Rhodiola is awesome too.
    Yes, rhodiola is in revamp, which I am taking now
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.35%

Niacin has also been shown to have a great impact on mood. Some people use niacin as an anti depressant but it has to be the flushing one and started at a low dose building up
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%

A lof of people struggle with this. After I compete, I become very depressed for a month as i watch all my muscle striations fade away. Its hard to be in contest shape in the gym getting tons of attention and stares, to far less. Being bulky big doesnt get you much attention, but when i get 4 weeks out.. its a whole diff game.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    A lof of people struggle with this. After I compete, I become very depressed for a month as i watch all my muscle striations fade away. Its hard to be in contest shape in the gym getting tons of attention and stares, to far less. Being bulky big doesnt get you much attention, but when i get 4 weeks out.. its a whole diff game.
    Yea it's too stressful n painful being contest or close to contest shape year round.. Unhealthy too..

I'm ok with that. It's more so the idea that I can't function without these things now.. And adrenal/thyroid issues I'm worried about..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice needed on using fat burners & creatine
    By DJL10 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 06:20 AM
  3. stopping phplex/prost cycle at 3 weeks. Lookin 4 pct advice
    By ugab37 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 07:46 PM
  4. need help mentally!!!