Mentally unprepared for stopping fat burners, advice?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So tomorrow marks the scheduled Start of my 2 month stimulant free run. I have been looking forward to it, but now that it's here, I'm extremely anxious n nervous, to the point I'm losing sleep typing this n have to be up in 5 hours.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads thi whole thing and replies...

Background:
- I am 23, 5'7 160-162
- I have been maintaining this weight since last June by doing 4-5 days of cardio (3 hiit, 2 low intensity) n eating low carb.
- I have been taking two fat burners stacked for the past year, year n a half and at least one fat burner for the past 3-4 years with no breaks. Yes. No breaks, not one day. Stacks have included thyroid supps, stims, heavy caffeine, n ephedra, beta 2's, everything...
- I am stopping oxy elite (3/day) and shift (3/day)
- for my non stim run this month, I am going to take: revamp, rk500(3/day), tta500(2/day), acety l carn+cla blend (1600mg alc+2400mg cla), and abdominal cuts which is an efa blend with some fucoxanathan, lipotrophin pm (2/night)
- I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)
- I am a recovered anorexic with severe hatred and fear of getting/being fat. My mood is valued on if I am content with my body or not. I am stopping these stims for two months bc I have been on for so long and want to try and show myself I don't need them to stay lean, I would also like to put on some mass. I'm not afraid of gaining weight, just fat.
- I'm really just not prepared to do this, but I have no stims on hand, and my gf is keeping me in check so I don't buy any and follow thru with this plan.
-I also have a one week lay off planned in mid feb once I am uses to being off the stims bc I have not taken more than 2 days off in a row in over a year from training... Probably wasn't the best plan to take a layoff while not on stims
-I'm trying to rationalize that I am still taking fat burners with the rk,tta, cla, and an cuts, plus the prom/primal stack and ap... Everything LOOKS good in theory, but I gain fat SO easy, I'm just really nervous.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The best non-stim suppliment to help with staying lean is a nutrient partitioner, although in looking at your new stack, it seems like some of the ingredients function in that regard.

You will be fine, your body needs this more than you need to avoid fat, fat can be removed, just don't go overboard on anything. You are incredibly lean in your avatar. Let your body relax, your mind needs the break from the stims as well. Heck, maybe give some natty test boosters and such a try as well for a mini-leangains cycle of sorts (DAA/Erase combo?). With how long you've been "dieting" (as far as your body can tell) you should be more than primed to add some quality mass as long as you keep the calories clean and high enough.

ManBeast

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best non-stim suppliment to help with staying lean is a nutrient partitioner, although in looking at your new stack, it seems like some of the ingredients function in that regard.

You will be fine, your body needs this more than you need to avoid fat, fat can be removed, just don't go overboard on anything. You are incredibly lean in your avatar. Let your body relax, your mind needs the break from the stims as well. Heck, maybe give some natty test boosters and such a try as well for a mini-leangains cycle of sorts (DAA/Erase combo?). With how long you've been "dieting" (as far as your body can tell) you should be more than primed to add some quality mass as long as you keep the calories clean and high enough.

ManBeast

Stated Above

I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)

Prometheus rising is daa, forskolin, na r ala and agmatine, it's killer! N primal male is fadogia, icarin, eurcoma (spelling) zinc, n i3c.

I just cane off erase n anabeta for December n Jan.

I decided I'm just gonna reduce my dosage of stims dramatically... I'm gonna finish out my bottle of shift (thyrogenic nonstim) at 2 caps in stead of 3. Then take 2 caps of adipo x instead of 4 daily (use up samples I have) then take 1 oep (have on hand) instead of 3. So by reducing the doses and Not stacking 2- I will ease my mind and still be able to feel like I'm on... And will allow my body to rest still.. Thinking of it as a morning cup of Joe..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stick to that B complex like glue man - B vitamins have made a huge difference in the way I feel when off stimulants. I'd even recommend extra methylcobalamin, preferably taken sublingually or bucally.

Dsade used to make Performa-Strips - they'd be perfect if you can find some. I also know Swanson Vitamins has sublingual 5mg tabs for pretty cheap; that's what I'm currently using. The B12 annihilates my anxiety.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stick to that B complex like glue man - B vitamins have made a huge difference in the way I feel when off stimulants. I'd even recommend extra methylcobalamin, preferably taken sublingually or bucally.

Dsade used to make Performa-Strips - they'd be perfect if you can find some. I also know Swanson Vitamins has sublingual 5mg tabs for pretty cheap; that's what I'm currently using. The B12 annihilates my anxiety.
Good idea. I might pick up some b12 for extra pre wo energy.. Maybe take two tablets spread out instead of one daily of my b50 complex..

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Wow b12 stops anxiety ha, was wondering why I wasent having anxiety attacks

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So tomorrow marks the scheduled Start of my 2 month stimulant free run. I have been looking forward to it, but now that it's here, I'm extremely anxious n nervous, to the point I'm losing sleep typing this n have to be up in 5 hours.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads thi whole thing and replies...

Background:
- I am 23, 5'7 160-162
- I have been maintaining this weight since last June by doing 4-5 days of cardio (3 hiit, 2 low intensity) n eating low carb.
- I have been taking two fat burners stacked for the past year, year n a half and at least one fat burner for the past 3-4 years with no breaks. Yes. No breaks, not one day. Stacks have included thyroid supps, stims, heavy caffeine, n ephedra, beta 2's, everything...
- I am stopping oxy elite (3/day) and shift (3/day)
- for my non stim run this month, I am going to take: revamp, rk500(3/day), tta500(2/day), acety l carn+cla blend (1600mg alc+2400mg cla), and abdominal cuts which is an efa blend with some fucoxanathan, lipotrophin pm (2/night)
- I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)
- I am a recovered anorexic with severe hatred and fear of getting/being fat. My mood is valued on if I am content with my body or not. I am stopping these stims for two months bc I have been on for so long and want to try and show myself I don't need them to stay lean, I would also like to put on some mass. I'm not afraid of gaining weight, just fat.
- I'm really just not prepared to do this, but I have no stims on hand, and my gf is keeping me in check so I don't buy any and follow thru with this plan.
-I also have a one week lay off planned in mid feb once I am uses to being off the stims bc I have not taken more than 2 days off in a row in over a year from training... Probably wasn't the best plan to take a layoff while not on stims
-I'm trying to rationalize that I am still taking fat burners with the rk,tta, cla, and an cuts, plus the prom/primal stack and ap... Everything LOOKS good in theory, but I gain fat SO easy, I'm just really nervous.
The Revamp from Southland should help out quite a bit

Some other options are:
L-Tyrosine 1-2 grams per day
DHEA 15 mg/day
L-Phenylalanine 1 gram per day
Resveratrol and quercetin together have some fat-burning attributes
Forskolin

These are things I have used in the past when I have gone stim-free- they help, but it still sucks, at least mentally...the SAMe and 5-HTP will help out as well, especially with mood...

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Revamp from Southland should help out quite a bit

Some other options are:
L-Tyrosine 1-2 grams per day
DHEA 15 mg/day
L-Phenylalanine 1 gram per day
Resveratrol and quercetin together have some fat-burning attributes
Forskolin

These are things I have used in the past when I have gone stim-free- they help, but it still sucks, at least mentally...the SAMe and 5-HTP will help out as well, especially with mood...
I am taking 1g l tyro regularly even when on stims , there is 500mg of forskolin in Prometheus Rising :) I get quercitin from emergen c packets too

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
need2slin i woulc rec and still soem green tea every day.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Been there done that when i went cold turkey on a 2 litre/day pepsi max habit. Good thing is they don't last long. Orgasms help get rid of them (no joke).

ManBeast

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
need2slin i woulc rec and still soem green tea every day.
Drink green tea after last meal every night :)

Ran out of n2s... Had ap on hand so I started it up again. Budget is tight

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been there done that when i went cold turkey on a 2 litre/day pepsi max habit. Good thing is they don't last long. Orgasms help get rid of them (no joke).

ManBeast
Nice! I'll show my gf ;) lol

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Deficiency of B12 is also associated with depression - it's great stuff to improve your mood all the way around
totally!
I dont eat meat so taking in some extra b-12 is a main thing for me.

alot out there dont have enuff and alot even have issues with absorbing b-12 due to genetics.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
deff intake extra b-complex and + extra b-12

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The withdrawal head aches r starting :/
Yeah- that part sucks....I don't think I could take a break of off stims, even if I wanted to- we run all of our products here, so there are enormous amounts of stims around constantly- we go through roughly 400 kg/month of caffeine alone up here between our line and contract mfr.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Start smoking! Just kidding though

If this addiction is causing withdrawal and anxiety have you considered seeking some professional counseling? I hear that can help quite a bit with the root causes/coping etc.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start smoking! Just kidding though

If this addiction is causing withdrawal and anxiety have you considered seeking some professional counseling? I hear that can help quite a bit with the root causes/coping etc.
Never smoke! Lol. Addiction, yes. But that's a start.. Acknowledging it lol.. But I decided to just go super low dose.. I cant function without it.. Thinking of it as a replacement for coffee.. No harm, it is what it is I guess!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

angelinejones

Awards
Have you ever heard of adrenal fatigue?!?! There's a reason fat burners are meant to be cycled and not used longer than about 8 weeks! Also, your training will improve if you give yourself rest days. Talk to any bodybuilder or competitor (like me) and they'll tell you rest is necessary! I'm currently 9 weeks out from a show and I'm not taking any fat burners as of yet. Your diet is about 80% of your success. I only add a fat burner if I plateau or need help with the last few lbs. this time off will be good for you to see what you're made of! Discipline your dedication!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever heard of adrenal fatigue?!?! There's a reason fat burners are meant to be cycled and not used longer than about 8 weeks! Also, your training will improve if you give yourself rest days. Talk to any bodybuilder or competitor (like me) and they'll tell you rest is necessary! I'm currently 9 weeks out from a show and I'm not taking any fat burners as of yet. Your diet is about 80% of your success. I only add a fat burner if I plateau or need help with the last few lbs. this time off will be good for you to see what you're made of! Discipline your dedication!
Yea I've heard of it n the one day I took off was literally pure hell and torture on earth. I felt like inwss getting hit by a bus.. Light, sounds, sudden movement made my head throb! My diet Is clean. I cheat once every week or two. I always rest on sat/sun n recently moved from 5 days lifting to 4 to 3 now until I start cutting again. So I have definitely made huge progress in my workouts/rest. But I think the sad truth Is that I need the stimulants... 4 years on lol. They really only help me function than actually burn fat at this point..

Flabby

Awards
I never cycle off coffee. Everything else I can taper down and go off, and I try to schedule that for times when I'm not doing something important, obviously.

Rhodiola is awesome too.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never cycle off coffee. Everything else I can taper down and go off, and I try to schedule that for times when I'm not doing something important, obviously.

Rhodiola is awesome too.
Yes, rhodiola is in revamp, which I am taking now

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Niacin has also been shown to have a great impact on mood. Some people use niacin as an anti depressant but it has to be the flushing one and started at a low dose building up

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lof of people struggle with this. After I compete, I become very depressed for a month as i watch all my muscle striations fade away. Its hard to be in contest shape in the gym getting tons of attention and stares, to far less. Being bulky big doesnt get you much attention, but when i get 4 weeks out.. its a whole diff game.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lof of people struggle with this. After I compete, I become very depressed for a month as i watch all my muscle striations fade away. Its hard to be in contest shape in the gym getting tons of attention and stares, to far less. Being bulky big doesnt get you much attention, but when i get 4 weeks out.. its a whole diff game.
Yea it's too stressful n painful being contest or close to contest shape year round.. Unhealthy too..

I'm ok with that. It's more so the idea that I can't function without these things now.. And adrenal/thyroid issues I'm worried about..