tribestan or tribosten?

323mattb

Board Supporter
Awards
Anyone have experience with either or both? Which is better?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure tribestan by Sopharma was the first tribulus product to come out. Tribulus is supposed to increase LH and raise natural testosterone levels. Supplement companies now claim the component of trib. that is responsible for raising LH/ test is protodioscin. Tribosten claims to have a higher concentration of protodioscin. The problem is there really haven't been any studies to support these claims. Sopharma did one or two. Their studies showed the trib. raised testosterone levels by 30% but also showed the it raised estrogen levels by close to 80 %. I tried tribestan by Sopharma when it first came out and I wasn't that impressed with it. I haven't tried the other brand but it looks like they are hoping people mistake it for the sopharma brand. Sopharma was the only company to put their trib. in a box, now ThermoLife is doing it.There is some debate if trib. even works at all.

BD4Zc3

Awards
I am pretty sure tribestan by Sopharma was the first tribulus product to come out. Tribulus is supposed to increase LH and raise natural testosterone levels. Supplement companies now claim the component of trib. that is responsible for raising LH/ test is protodioscin. Tribosten claims to have a higher concentration of protodioscin. The problem is there really haven't been any studies to support these claims. Sopharma did one or two. Their studies showed the trib. raised testosterone levels by 30% but also showed the it raised estrogen levels by close to 80 %. I tried tribestan by Sopharma when it first came out and I wasn't that impressed with it. I haven't tried the other brand but it looks like they are hoping people mistake it for the sopharma brand. Sopharma was the only company to put their trib. in a box, now ThermoLife is doing it.There is some debate if trib. even works at all.
The owner of ThermoLife used to work with the exclusive importer of Tribosten and went to Bulgaria many times to meet with them. When he started ThermoLife he developed a superior tribulus extract because the Bulgarians were so hard to deal with. ThermoLife did an independent lab test on the top selling tribulus products to prove they have the best product. They were the first ones to develop a high protodioscin extract. The Sopharma brand has always been around 9%-10% max. ThermoLife is guaranteed to be a minimum of 20%.

You can see the test preformed by Chromadex (the most respected lab in the industry) here:

http://www.thermolife.com/labReport-Tribosten.pdf

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigGame84 Supplements 4
Supplements 37
Beast30 Supplements 3
WARBIRDWS6 Supplement Auction 0
WARBIRDWS6 Supplement Auction 1