Cortislim for BBing application?

justinlarged

Awards
I was just wondering if this new weight control supp could be used to counter cortisol and create a more anabolic envrioment. Any Ideas on this?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering if this new weight control supp could be used to counter cortisol and create a more anabolic envrioment. Any Ideas on this?

IMO this is the biggest waste of money like $40 a bottle.
If you eat 6-8 small meals per day with 30 to 40 grams of protien per meal and post workout drinks your bod wil never go catabolic..plus keep stress levels low and your good to go..This type supplement is good for the average joe who refuses to change his habits and is looking for the miracle pill..I could be wrong but this is my opinion,, :blink:

xXx

Board Supporter
Awards
IMO this is the biggest waste of money like $40 a bottle.
If you eat 6-8 small meals per day with 30 to 40 grams of protien per meal and post workout drinks your bod wil never go catabolic..plus keep stress levels low and your good to go..This type supplement is good for the average joe who refuses to change his habits and is looking for the miracle pill..I could be wrong but this is my opinion,, :blink:
" If you are do not need to loose at least 10lbs this is not for you! " Total BS > Can you say scam!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Just use vitamin C. I believe that's their main ingredient in that magic pill the call cortislim.

BigTEX

BigTEX

Awards
Just use vitamin C. I believe that's their main ingredient in that magic pill the call cortislim.
The magnolia bark is supposedly the magic.

Vitamin C, calcium, chromium, Cortiplex Blend (magnolia bark extract, beta-sitosterol, theanine), Leptiplex Blend (green tea extract, bitter orange peel extract), Insutrol Blend (banaba leaf extract, vanadium).

justinlarged

Awards
Yeah I figured it was nothing but snake oil but just wanted to get the opinions of some others. What would you guys..., what do you guys use to suppress cortisol aside from AAS. I am on clen right now and I am very impressed! 60mcgs makes me shake like freaking crazy I am afraid someone is going to think that I have parkinsons. I have read alot about clens anti-catibolic props.. just wondering if there is something else out there I have missed. I am not interested in losing fat so much as preserving muscle and limiting the little evil hormone cortisol.. Maybe I should start to meditate 1 hour every day to reduce stress!:think:

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
if anyone was interested there is a product called relora http://store.yahoo.com/vitaglo/rel300new60v.html
its magnolia and Phellodendron amurense which is whats in Cortislim, Relacore and all those others.. anyway this one is only 9 bucks a bottle and i think has more of the two ingredients in it also.. Ive never personally used it but in higher doses it may work who knows...could also add some Phosphatidylserine to that but ive noticed that stuff is pretty expensive..

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Phosphatidyl serine is supposed to be good for reducing cortisol.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established

California; Regulators Sue Diet-Pill Vendors; The Federal Trade Commission alleges that marketers made false claims about the widely advertised CortiSlim.

Federal regulators said Tuesday that they had sued the marketers of CortiSlim, a widely advertised dietary supplement , alleging that they made false claims about its ability to help people swiftly shed pounds. The Federal Trade Commission lawsuit charges that Window Rock Enterprises Inc. of Brea and Infinity Advertising Inc. of Anaheim made "deceptive efficacy claims" about CortiSlim in broadcast and print ads, infomercials and on websites.
The suit also alleges that the companies made false or unsubstantiated claims about CortiStress, a product that is no longer on the market, as a way to prevent or cut the risk of a wide range of ailments, including obesity, cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer's disease. In addition, the suit contends, the defendants produced infomercials intended to appear to be episodes of a talk show called "Breakthroughs" rather than paid commercial programming.

The suit, filed Thursday in federal court in Los Angeles, asks that an unspecified amount of money be refunded to consumers who bought the two products.

The assertions made about CortiSlim "fly in the face of reality," Lydia B. Parnes, acting director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection, said in a statement. "No pill can replace a healthy program of diet and exercise."

Marc Ullman, an attorney for Window Rock, said the company had signed an agreement with the FTC to stop any "offensive advertising." He said the marketing claims that prompted the agency to file suit resulted from overenthusiasm.

"This was a company very excited about a new product in an area where they didn't have vast amounts of experience," he said. As Window Rock began to better understand the standards for marketing such products, he said, it started modifying its ads, even before it was contacted by the FTC.

Under the agreement with the FTC, advertising for CortiSlim, pitched on its website at $49.99 for a one-month supply, "will focus on lifestyle, diet, exercise, stress management, nutrition and supplementation," Ullman said.

Window Rock is working with the FTC to resolve issues relating to "claims the company previously made" in its CortiSlim ads, the company said in a statement, which said the agency's complaint focused "solely on the language and type of claims made in CortiSlim's advertising, not on the safety of the product."

"Quickly resolving these issues is the best course of action that ensures our ability to continue marketing and distributing products that benefit the health of the American public," Window Rock President Stephen Cheng said in the statement.

The Food and Drug Administration has also taken regulatory action against Window Rock, sending the company a warning letter Aug. 19 that said Window Rock was violating federal law by making unsubstantiated claims about CortiSlim, including that it "eliminates cravings" and "controls appetite."

According to the FTC suit, the CortiSlim ads made false or unsubstantiated claims, maintaining that virtually anyone taking the pill would lose 10 to 50 pounds, dropping as many as 4 to 10 pounds a week over multiple weeks. The suit says the ads asserted that the supplement was effective at trimming the abdomen and thighs.

The suit says that in infomercials featuring a CortiSlim spokesman, Gregory Cynaumon, and its "product formulator," Shawn Talbott, viewers were told that persistently elevated levels of cortisol, a hormone released under stress, was the underlying cause of weight gain. By reducing and controlling cortisol levels, the infomercials and other advertisements maintained, CortiSlim prompted substantial weight loss -- a claim the FTC says is unproven.

The agency said Tuesday that the CortiSlim suit underscored the FTC's "continuing concern about the use of [a] deceptive format in infomercials."

It also said that in a related development, it had begun sending warning letters to more than 25 website operators and others making claims that the products they market will prompt weight loss, prevent disease or provide other health benefits by affecting cortisol levels.

"Consumers rely on the claimed benefits of a product, and we owe it to them that such claims be supported by competent and reliable scientific evidence," said Dr. Lester M. Crawford, acting FDA commissioner.

Window Rock has about five employees, Ullman said. Infinity Advertising has two employees, according to Dun & Bradstreet. Cynaumon is Infinity's president.

Taken from the LA Times.

chrisrico

chrisrico

Awards
I will give this stuff a positive rating, but not for the use it was intended. For me it does help cut cravings at night. No weight loss but that's not why I bought it. I have very active adrenal glands due to a high stress work environment and the fact that I take in protein every 3 hours (yes, this stimulates the adrenals), and the Starbucks doesn't help! This adrenal activity causes my cortisol levels to go up...this creates major tension in my back and shoulders and pulls my spine out of alignment...no major problem, just a lot of uncomfortable feeling in my back and minor stiffness/pain, etc. I used to visit the chiropractor regularly to fix it but when I learned what was causing the back issues I adjusted my diet to be more friendly to my adrenals. This worked like a charm, but unfortunately this meant laying off the coffee and no protein in my diet until after 4pm or so which was not what I wanted permanently. So, I got the bright idea to see if Cortislim would cut the cortisol levels enough to allow me to drink coffee and eat protein regularly thru the day without getting the cortisol induced back and neck stiffness/pain. Works like a charm folks! I've gotten on/off several times to experiment and there's no doubt it is the solution. Didn't do a thing for fat loss though, so I think their advertisements are bull.

Just an FYI.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The magnolia bark is supposedly the magic.
For the price of cortislim, you could plant a magnolia tree and go out in the yard a chew on the bitch every day. :D

dd

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
For the price of cortislim, you could plant a magnolia tree and go out in the yard a chew on the bitch every day. :D

dd
:rofl: ...And if you take care of the tree, you only have to pay for it once.

Krazy-K

Awards
Next thing your going to see is...

"From the makers of Cell Tech we have brought to you the most new and exciting revolutionary diet there has ever been... I invite you to come and try the eat your own **** diet, garanteed to lose 15lbs in 3 days or your money back!"
:rofl: