Is piracetam a good supplement for weight loss or body building?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57%

Talking Is piracetam a good supplement for weight loss or body building?

Is piracetam a good supplement for weight loss or body building? I hear that it stimulates ATP - adenosine triphosphate. I wonder how this could actually play an effect in weight management. Any thoughts or ideas my friends?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%

If there are any direct mechanisms by which it would increase fat loss, I'm not familiar with them. However, it will make you smarter, and a generally more competent and focused person and that will carry over into your training. Best general purpose supplement available, IMO.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

No it will not do anything of that nature OP. Best case scenario, it is useful in bodybuilding through its prevention of hypoxia.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.87%

Color me intrigued...when you say smarter, how so exactly? Better memory, focus, etc.? If this is from personal experience which brand did you use?

Just read a bit about it...sounds awesome. Is there anything which combines it with choline citrate or choline bitartrate?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

There is anecdotal evidence you may actually gain weight through increased appetite
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    There is anecdotal evidence you may actually gain weight through increased appetite
    Emphasis on the word "anecdotal." There is nothing to suggest this would happen.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

I first read about and took piracetam over 20 years ago.... back then I was unable to find it in the U.S. I would get it in Mexico, over the counter,,,, weight gain is one of the very few side effects mentally healthy people report,,, people that have mental illness can sometimes see an increase in symptoms as well... but like cooper said,, no scientific proof behind the complaints of weight gain..... acetylcholine helps to regulate muscle tone,,, so it would seem that may benefit body builders
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

I used to take it with large amounts of lecithin and DMAE with an additional 500mg of pantothenic acid added to my b-complex.... only side effect I ever noticed was a dull headache, most likely from the DMAE...... Been a while since I've taken it,,, but just ordered some, , look forward to revisiting nootropics
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

acetylcholine helps to regulate muscle tone,,, so it would seem that may benefit body builders
    I suggest you revisit the literature with respect to the above comment
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

Which aspect of the comment?? I first read about piracetam and acetylcholine in the book "smart drugs and nutrients." I will admit it's been a while, but it seems I remember it helps maintain muscle tone in smooth muscle fibers and cardiac muscle fibers.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

Which aspect of the comment?? I first read about piracetam and acetylcholine in the book "smart drugs and nutrients." I will admit it's been a while, but it seems I remember it helps maintain muscle tone in smooth muscle fibers and cardiac muscle fibers.
    ACh isn't going to maintain muscle tone. It is released at the neuromuscular junction to ultimately result in a muscle contraction, yes, but simply having more ACh is not going to increase muscle tone. The reality, as has always been the case, is that you need to do work: you need to physically contract the muscle, ACh isn't going to do it for you. So while ACh has its benefits, it won't regulate muscle tone; only you can do that.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

ACh isn't going to maintain muscle tone. It is released at the neuromuscular junction to ultimately result in a muscle contraction, yes, but simply having more ACh is not going to increase muscle tone. The reality, as has always been the case, is that you need to do work: you need to physically contract the muscle, ACh isn't going to do it for you. So while ACh has its benefits, it won't regulate muscle tone; only you can do that.
    Won't it give you more bang for the buck as for working out though??? Sure you have to do the work,, just like with sreroids, but I have always been under the impression it aids in and increases the muscle tone benefit from exercise...... of course, as always, I may be wrong
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

If you could point me toward some literature I'd appreciate it,,, am definitely intrigued to read up on all this and more regarding nootropics
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

Won't it give you more bang for the buck as for working out though??? Sure you have to do the work,, just like with sreroids, but I have always been under the impression it aids in and increases the muscle tone benefit from exercise...... of course, as always, I may be wrong
    If you could point me toward some literature I'd appreciate it,,, am definitely intrigued to read up on all this and more regarding nootropics
    There is a lot of research on piracetam, start at pubmed, there's some free texts. It's not as simple as increasing ACh release all over the body...not by any means.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    If there are any direct mechanisms by which it would increase fat loss, I'm not familiar with them. However, it will make you smarter, and a generally more competent and focused person and that will carry over into your training. Best general purpose supplement available, IMO.
    humm maybe I should look into this one more.I
    got toomany supps going already lol
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

I take ALCAR, DMAE, tayrosin and taurine every day. I think this is possibly an addition Ill look into.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

im pritty sure NP hase it for fairly cheap unless im remembering wrong?
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%

Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    Color me intrigued...when you say smarter, how so exactly? Better memory, focus, etc.? If this is from personal experience which brand did you use?

Just read a bit about it...sounds awesome. Is there anything which combines it with choline citrate or choline bitartrate?
    The best way to describe piracetam subjectively, IMO, is with the word "clarity". On the first dose, you won't notice anything. In all likelyhood, you wont notice anything until about a week of taking it consistently. It's nothing like a stimulant whatsoever. Taking piracetam I notice I have better recall, faster reaction time, words flow more easily in my sentence composition, I'm able to visualize things more clearly, music sounds more intricate and colors seem a little more vivid.

When I think of the term "focus", I tend to associate it with the frenzied, almost panicked hyperfocus I've experienced on ritalin. Piracetam doesn't impel you to do things, it just seems to remove what I like to refer to as "cognitive dissonance". I'm not so much 'focused' on piracetam as much as I'm simply harder to distract, if that makes sense to you. Imagine a task as a song. You want to complete the task and you need to be attentive to it, so, thinking of it as a song in this analogy, you need to hear it clearly. Ritalin cranks the volume up to 50, drowning out the surrounding noise so you can hear nothing else. Piracetam doesn't increase the volume of the song directly, it just dampens the surrounding ambient noise making it easier to hear.

tl;dr... Just try it. You'll thank me later.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

Been 15 or more years since I've taken piracetam,,, but one of the first things I noticed about DMAE was more vivid, almost HD dreams and more energy,,, but not in a stimulant manner,,, just more awake, I suppose
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

Is there any one manufacturer of piracetam that stands out above the rest for quality?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

From what I'm seeing, the average price is @ 25 a gram..... there are a couple places with up to $1.00 a gram
    ..... also at what doses are people taking it and what are they stacking it with? I.e. lecithin, choline, DMAE, pantothenic acid etc etc
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

Just read that high tower report,,,, said minimums of 5g a day stacked with coQ10, vitamin E and lecithin ..... that's minimum of $1.25 a day for what was described as a very subtle effect ....... hmmm.... as much as I already spend on all my supplements and as cheap as DMAE, gaba and lecithin are,,,, not sure that'd be worth it....... any opinions????
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.23%

I'm taking right now. Also taking choline citrate, aniracetam, and huperzine A. That's my study stack.

Will do nothing for your bodybuilding goals, but does quite a bit to enhance my memory.

I take 3g a day. You must take a choline source with it. It is subtle. Stacked with another racetam though, and I'm recalling things I haven't remembered in years. I did a practice test for Trig on Thursday night and got nearly everything right without studying at all.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

What about pramiracetam... supposedly more potent
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.23%

I have some of that, too. Haven't tried it yet. Also have Oxiracetam waiting to be used.

Phenylpiracetam is very promising. Only available in Russia at the moment. I'll give that a shot at some point in the future.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

You sound like me.... 20 something years ago, I used to drive down to Mexico,, 3 hours away, to get piracetam... wasn't available here back then..also used to get vasopresin.... but I've drifted away from nootropics over the last 10 years and am just getting back into it

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
  2. Advanced weight lifting and body building training
    By aymen99 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
  3. WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT
    By chadt14 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Weight loss: Treat Your Body Like A Ferrari