anyone rely on CLA to aid in a cut or recomp

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
just as title states, anyone feel that dosing CLA helped in calorie deficient?

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've heard people swear by it and others say they didn't really notice anything. I just bought some CLA from PP's clearance sale, we'll see how it goes..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CLA isn't a fat burner exactly. There is so much more to it than that. Did you know it is toxic to cancer cells?. There is more to it.

titanman31

titanman31

Awards
CLA isn't a fat burner exactly. There is so much more to it than that. Did you know it is toxic to cancer cells?. There is more to it.
I would like to hear more on this

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
alot of things are toxic to cancer cells.

thats either here nor there. Obviously a benefit but doses NEED to be somewhat high and the right isomer or mix of isomers.

heres a journal article to look up. Cheaper route and many fat burners have it.

[h=1]Enhanced effects of guggulsterone plus 1,25(OH)[SUB]2[/SUB]D[SUB]3[/SUB] on 3T3-L1 adipocytes[/h]obviously you can add 5000iu of Vit D, but take it with guggul sterones and effects seem to work better.

MCT oil is another solid choice.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alot of things are toxic to cancer cells.

thats either here nor there. Obviously a benefit but doses NEED to be somewhat high and the right isomer or mix of isomers.

heres a journal article to look up. Cheaper route and many fat burners have it.

Enhanced effects of guggulsterone plus 1,25(OH)[SUB]2[/SUB]D[SUB]3[/SUB] on 3T3-L1 adipocytes

obviously you can add 5000iu of Vit D, but take it with guggul sterones and effects seem to work better.

MCT oil is another solid choice.

I was just saying there is a lot more to CLA. Some people just wrongly put it in the same category as "fat burners".

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
incase of any confusion, i do not and have not catogorized CLA as a fat burner and im aware of the addtional health benefits, im just wondering if people can honestly claim that dosing CLA has aided them in a cut, this seems to be a topic i constantly read where people swear by it and others claim it to be a waste of money.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed I couldn't gain weight when bulking lol. That's all

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
i would spend money elsewhere. cla is good but if your on a budget it wouldnt be in my shopping cart.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toxic to cancer cells would be a good thing.. no?

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/

"CLA appears to be a good research molecule, since there is a lot of evidence after human ingestion and it was one of the first of its mechanisms (PPARa / PPARy modulator) to be used.

A pretty poor fat burner, and even more unreliable than it is bad at burning fat. It might make you lose enough fat to compensate for that cookie you had once.

It has no astounding other affects on health or anything, it just seems to be quite an overhyped and uneventful molecule(s)

— Kurtis Frank"

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Cla is a worthless supplement imo, if u waht to spend the money on a poor fatburner with added benefits try a carnitine.

Display233

Awards
I have not used it in years but I plan on using it next month when i started cutting. I don't know if it had a major impact last time i used it but i did take it with an eca stack and saw good results but of course my results could have been based on just using eca. I will let you know how it goes but dont expect earth shattering results if you decide to use it. I would say it is probably the safest thing out there which is why I am recommending to my wife along with a lot of cardio of course.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I vaguely remember this thread. I was using the CLA from PP. They had an "article" on it on their website and why there product was superior. I would say that it did help long term at a high dosage, but don't know if it was worth it.