My experience of DS Craze

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I'm not usually the one for writing reviews, but my experience with DS Craze has compelled me to share my thoughts.

I'll begin this by saying that I have been a fan of DS for a long time. I have used its supplements for several years with a couple of their products quickly becoming staples. Their supplements are of those few that change my physiology enough to elicit changes in my physique, the best one can hope from anything natural.

Rightly so, I therefore had high expectations. So much so that I purchased its most recent product Craze without reading many of the reviews. I was fatigued of 1,3 products and wanted something different, something cleaner that felt safer. I had been using Scivation product Novum for some time because it lacked heavy duty stimulants and having enjoyed it I was looking out for another pre-work out free from geranium. My experience over the last two days of use has been thus:

Day 1
I took one scoop at 6.00am, 30 mins before a workout. Within 30 mins I could feel the effects coming on and by the time I arrived in the gym I was awake, energised and surprisingly happy. I had a good workout. I enjoyed being in the gym and I remember walking outside feeling I had made the best decision of my life. Here was a product I could not only use in the gym, but it had the potential of improving my life outside. I was a happier person. But then after 3 hours...things began to change, quite significantly.

I started feeling anxious. My heartbeat increase and I was suffering from cold sweats whilst sat at my desk. As time passed, my brain would switch being focus and scattered. I would miss parts of conversations, have to read sentences several times and my vision would momentarily blur. By the end of day, I was tired but stimulated, focused but lacked intelligence caught between spells of feeling happy and extremely anxious bordering on depression. I could feel a contant warm buzz in my brain. This was my state until about 11pm, a full 16 hours after which it subsided and thanking God I drifted off to sleep.

Day 2.
I thought my experience was unusual a one-off. Preparing to give Craze the benefit of the doubt I used a smaller dose, 3/4 of a scoop at 6:00am. Again I felt the rise in energy and mood and like the previous day my workout and travel from the gym was a joy. But again a few hours later I began to suffer. This time however some of the effects weren't as intense, for example the sweats were not as frequent or as intense. But others were worse like the blurry vision and constant loss attention during conversations. But the worst was yet to come....from 10:00pm until 3:00am I lay in bed with my heart pounding through my chest. My anxiety increased and for the first time in my life I was almost overwhelmed and thought I would end up in mental institute. I distracted myself by finding things to do...eventually my body and mind calmed down and I fell asleep at 3.30am....almost 24 hours after taking the dose.

After using it onl for two days I putting the rest in the bin. I only wrote this review to advise people to test this before purchasing it. Its not like other supplements in that you can easily manipulate the dose to suit your needs. For some people like me, this just doen't work well at any dose and side effects are not only unbearable but impact on ever aspect of one's life because it seems as if this supplement alters the architecture of the brain rather ramp up existing neurochemical processes.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to buy a tub and a few of these reviews had been popping up. I think Flex said it made him feel stoned?

We don't have samples in the UK which is a shame.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I was going to buy a tub and a few of these reviews had been popping up. I think Flex said it made him feel stoned?

But flex is such a silly man :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for posting the review. It's unfortunate that some people have experienced this, but it's appreciated that forum members share the experience, too, in order to avoid an adverse reaction for someone who don't respond well to the product.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Craze is one product I think I will have to leave alone.Too many people reporting side effects.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did mr. Cooper ever release the papers explaining some of the sides from craze?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Craze is one product I think I will have to leave alone.Too many people reporting side effects.
Have you tried litup? It works very well. Still my favorite preworkout to date.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did mr. Cooper ever release the papers explaining some of the sides from craze?
I asked him if he was going to share it. He said he would PM if he was allowed to share and I didn't receive anything so I don't think so.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Just got my tub today, I trained fasted at 1 scoop. First half of the workout was great, awesome mind muscle connection. Second half I was burning up, felt lethargic, felt like I needed to throw up. I ha to end the workout a bit early due to how I was feeling, I'll give it another shot tomorrow if I wake up on time before work.

Not giving up yet

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I asked him if he was going to share it. He said he would PM if he was allowed to share and I didn't receive anything so I don't think so.
Ok. Well I was pretty interested in what it said. But I guess it really doesn't matter for me at least either way. Because craze works well for me. Lit up is still my overall favorite but craze and super size are my close seconds. And it's always nice to have a few different ones to fall back on.

jrw

Awards
  • Established
I guess different supps affect us all differently. I can take Craze, 2 scoops, and even late in the day, and go to bed at 9:30 or 10 PM, no problem.

Then again, there are other things I do not tolerate as well as others do, our bodies are all so different, I dont think any one supplement works the same way for every person.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
After the workout I had a post workout drink containing protein, fats and a small amont of carbs.

I agree that supplements affect people differently, but usually a supplement either isn't strong enough or a little too strong or makes one queezy usually one can deal with this by altering the dose. Its happened to me several times before. But this was different. Honestly, a part of me thought will I never recover and I might have caused some sort of permanent alteration to my brain chemistry. This is what compelled me to write this review......may be its that the brain chemistry has a lower threshold than the body to pressure before it suffers permanent damage.

As a side, this is no exaggeration, but my apetite is stilling quelled after 40 hours!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same type of reaction to craze. The stuff just doesn't seem safe. I love DS and their other products but this one keeps getting reports of sides. At what point do you decide to pull it from the shelves?. Not everyone reports the effects on how they felt. So this guy, me and some others are only a small portion of the amount of people that may have had these side effects. At some point someone is going to end up in the ER from this product. I say pull it off the shelves before that happens.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards

I have a tub and would send you some Ben.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I think you would enjoy it.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I had the same type of reaction to craze. The stuff just doesn't seem safe. I love DS and their other products but this one keeps getting reports of sides. At what point do you decide to pull it from the shelves?. Not everyone reports the effects on how they felt. So this guy, me and some others are only a small portion of the amount of people that may have had these side effects. At some point someone is going to end up in the ER from this product. I say pull it off the shelves before that happens.
You do realize that people get bad reactions from caffeine alone, right? If i take 400mg of caffeine at once (and I'm no novice to stimulant use) I feel like I'm going to die. A decent dose of yohimbine is absolutely miserable. Doesn't mean that they should be pulled from the shelves.

Craze is one of the best products I've ever used, hands down. This is coming from someone who has tried just about everything...including supplements, nootropics, and prescription drugs (ephedrine, adderall, dexadrine, methylphenidate, focalin, modafanil, adrifinil, phentermine, sibitrumine, deprenyl, etc). Its a good clean stimulant, with effects on par with illicit compounds. I've honestly been trying to create similar effects using different legal compounds for years. I've had some great results, but nothing close to craze. I hope this is around for a long time.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I really wanted this to work...especially given how good how it made me feel. I do wonder why this would affect some people so differently. Any ideas guys? Could it be that I might have more than average dopamine receptors or what? Is there something I could possibly do to lessen the side?!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I really wanted this to work...especially given how good how it made me feel. I do wonder why this would affect some people so differently. Any ideas guys? Could it be that I might have more than average dopamine receptors or what? Is there something I could possibly do to lessen the side?!
Sounds like you experience a nasty come down with this stuff. I get symptoms like this from certain stimulants. You could try smaller dosages, but maybe this stuff just isn't for you.

A few years back I tried experimenting with some real high dosages of PEA...like 1-2g of the stuff. Typically I'd feel kinda stoned for like 10-15 mins then I'd be back to normal. At one point i had a very bizarre reaction...I had the most intense tunnel vision where i felt like I might lose consciousness. I became beat red...starting with my chest and moving up to my face. I felt short of breath. It was not fun. Luckily it only lasted about 20 minutes. I've not played with the stuff since, save for the few times when it was included in supplement proprietary blends.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
In return for? lol
Nothing, I have a bunch and I'm currently not using stimmed products I have a 3/4 Tub I'd send ya.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No offense, but that's a bit of a stretch. You tried it and didn't enjoy your experience on it, well that's one thing. But others like myself, LOVE the product and find it very effective. It doesn't need to be pulled from the shelves. People who are sensitive to it, NEED TO NOT USE IT, simple as that.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It gave me insomnia... and im a stim aholic.... effect lasted almost 20 hours. I took it at 6am then didnt sleep till 2am-4am in and out.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It gave me insomnia... and im a stim aholic.... effect lasted almost 20 hours. I took it at 6am then didnt sleep till 2am-4am in and out.
Good to hear its not just me! It's a really wierd feeling not being able to sleep but not feeling stimulated in the traditional sense. I was looking at the ingredients and it has three variants of PEA in it. I'm assuming each of these has a different half-life and combined with the nargrin it the PEA might be causing excess and prolonged release of dopamine.

So the search has resumed for a good non-stim pre-workout, but I just wasted $48 so relectant to try anything new. Might just have to keep it simple....for the next few weeks...100 mg caffiene.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear its not just me! It's a really wierd feeling not being able to sleep but not feeling stimulated in the traditional sense. I was looking at the ingredients and it has three variants of PEA in it. I'm assuming each of these has a different half-life and combined with the nargrin it the PEA might be causing excess and prolonged release of dopamine.

So the search has resumed for a good non-stim pre-workout, but I just wasted $48 so relectant to try anything new. Might just have to keep it simple....for the next few weeks...100 mg caffiene.
cup of coffee and some creatine mono ;)

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I was going to order some, but now you've got me thinking twice . . .

However, I handle stims well, and in fact, love 'em.

My two favorites are currently Jack3d and Assault.

NP has Craze on sale for just $28.99, so I'll probably order some and give it a try.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like another 1 3 dimethylamylamine.
No. The only thing that they have in common is the classification as a stimulant. The psychotropic effects are like night and day.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
You can all send me and southpaw your DS Craze tubs if you don't like it ;)

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Im having sleeping issues as well. I take 1 scoop around 3:30 and train at 7:00. Like the effects of craze, except the sleep issue. Maybe I use it for weekend training sessions and use ultra reps during the week, or do a half a scoop of craze and a scoop if ultra reps. Gonna have to experiment I guess. Any advice?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Will gladly send anyone my tub as long as they are willing to pay for the postage and packing. I also live in the UK.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offense, but that's a bit of a stretch. You tried it and didn't enjoy your experience on it, well that's one thing. But others like myself, LOVE, the product and find it very effective. It doesn't need to be pulled from the shelves. People who are sensitive to it, NEED TO NOT USE IT, simple as that.
It may be a bit of a stretch yeah. However if reports of side effects at the recommended dosage and even half the recommended dosage keep coming in I would guess that pulling it would be a possibility.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It may be a bit of a stretch yeah. However if reports of side effects at the recommended dosage and even half the recommended dosage keep coming in I would guess that pulling it would be a possibility.
Understood and I say this respectfully, a lot of things have side effects and are sold over the counter. If you experience an adverse reaction to something, there is a very simple remedy, DON'T USE IT AGAIN. :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Understood and I say this respectfully, a lot of things have side effects and are sold over the counter. If you experience an adverse reaction to something, there is a very simple remedy, DON'T USE IT AGAIN. :)
I donno but I think the bottles on the supp says to consult a physician before using? I think all claims should only be valid AFTER a physician has approved you to use the supplement. haha. That would make so much more sense. I cant sleep after using Craze, but I doubt I am going to sue. Hell the bottle of Mdrol I took last month said nothing about the sides I got lol.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just wanted to add another vote FOR craze. i've not experienced anything like it in my years of using supplements. and, it was noticed with the very first dose. it was like a wiper blade wiping away the fog in my windshield mind. i actually felt a wave of clarity wash over me. i'm not joking here guys. since then, the effects have not been as dramatic as the first dose. but, they are still there. this stuff is amazing. i guess for guys on the fence, just be aware that you may not react the same. i think everyone should try it at least once. then, if you don't like it, send it to me. :D

prider

prider

Awards
had my first scoop today. incredible energy & strength BUT later on i got very nervous & lethargic.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
had my first scoop today. incredible energy & strength BUT later on i got very nervous & lethargic.
I wonder what catecholamines Craze manipulates to cause these reactions.Dopamine possibly?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
are there samples of Craze? i would rather try a sample after reading some of these posts pop up. I wouldnt be too happy to purchase a whole tub and not be able to use more than 1 dose due to side effects.

BosLAD

Awards
I am now on my 3rd tub of Craze. The 1st 2 tubs gave me great energy, focus and and the feeling that I could lift anything. I would still have energy in the gym after lifting for 90 minutes and would have to force myself to go home (or back to work), and I'm 55 years old. Never really suffered any side effects - you just have to find the right dosage for yourself. I never took more than 1 1/2 scoops. I never felt as jittery as I did when I took Jacked3d.

Now that I'm on my 3rd tub, I must say that I think my body must be adjusting to it because I no longer have the "wow" factor when taking it. It still gets me through my workout, but I don't feel like an animal in the gym anymore. I probably will take a month off from using it once I finish this tub.

I highly recommend anyone to try it. Start with 1 scoop and then see how much more (if any) your body can tolerate.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Craze is very good...Grape will be out of st0ck soon,do to it having 1,3 D in it...All other flavors coming out will be 1,3 free :(
My pumps and focus are amazing.Along with energy..I feel like I can go on and on..Def worth a shot..

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Craze is very good...Grape will be out of st0ck soon,do to it having 1,3 D in it...All other flavors coming out will be 1,3 free :(
My pumps and focus are amazing.Along with energy..I feel like I can go on and on..Def worth a shot..
Craze contains no 1,3

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Craze has never had 1,3 DMAA.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Craze has never had 1,3 DMAA.
Was wondering what he was talking about.

That aside, I'd like to throw out the idea to anyone that takes two scoops of Craze to try (if possible) mixing 1 scoop berry lemonade and 1 scoop grape for a delicious pre-workout drink.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Was wondering what he was talking about.

That aside, I'd like to throw out the idea to anyone that takes two scoops of Craze to try (if possible) mixing 1 scoop berry lemonade and 1 scoop grape for a delicious pre-workout drink.
Big Tom does this, says it tastes like cotton candy to him.

prider

prider

Awards
I wonder what catecholamines Craze manipulates to cause these reactions.Dopamine possibly?
excess dopamine = hallucinations and delusional thoughts. Did anyone experience that ?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I tried Craze, was really excited after reading all the reviews but I gotta say it was a let down. I didn't feel any of the nootropic effects and it gave me mild energy (I'd assume due to the caffein), I tried 1 scoop, and 1.5 scoops a few times. Stopped using it. Last night I actually used 1 scoop to see if anything changed and nop didn't feel much. I never felt any adverse effects, just lack of effects in general! Most of DS stuff I like so I'll give them another shot in the future, just probably not with this product.