Any legitatmite Fenugreek studies?

1. Question Any legitatmite Fenugreek studies?

Are there any studies, in which, mice are dosed at a proportional level as a human and a rise in prolactin levels are shown?
    Anyone dose Fenugreek at 600 mg per serving a few times a day and notice any gyno-like effects?
    Any Glycobol users with Gyno??

2. Fenugreek is possibly estrogenic.
    On the road to bench pressing 400 pounds Currently over 360...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Next, you move on to Fenugreek (Testofen)...and this ingredient SUCKS!!! I know - not very scientific of me; but it's the truth. This goddamned thing is HIGHLY estrogenic and you couldn't get me within a 10-foot pole of it in any products I design. Testofen is in quite a few products on the market; of which...it draws upon some data. It is just an extract from Fenugreek however standardized to contain about 50% fenusides. This is important because you NEED a down-regulation of the number of the following saponins: diosgenin, yamogenin, gitogenin, tigogenin, and neotigogens; which are all previously purported to be sources of fenugreek's estrogenic properties (makes sense seeing they are phytoestrogens, but remember to take phytoestrogens and divide by the number 5 to get contribution to total estrogen cotent). The "positive" studies are essentially from 1 group of researchers (i.e. - non-replicated).

I am probably more interested in fenugreek's potential to modulate blood sugar (probably secondary to the glucomannan)...In any event...if you could get a Fenugreek molecule standardized for glucomannan and fenuside; that would likely be the best, but I am usnure such a compound is available. What they need to do is make certain low phyto-E in the extract finally used.
    D_
    I quoted this from one of Dr. Dana Housers posts

4. New study on Testofen

Heres a thread with some discussion about Testofen

5. I know women who are breast feeding their kids take fenugreek to help increase the milk production.
    •   

6. I have used it for years with bloods and have never had elevated PRL levels, nor E2 for that matter (Testofen). I do get ravenously hungry, better pumps, retain weight from cycles, and have an increase in libido.

7. therealest77

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    I have used it for years with bloods and have never had elevated PRL levels, nor E2 for that matter (Testofen). I do get ravenously hungry, better pumps, retain weight from cycles, and have an increase in libido.
    Ditto

8. HOw many milligrams do you both take? I recently purchased 600 mg capsules.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JonRubio View Post
    HOw many milligrams do you both take? I recently purchased 600 mg capsules.
    Up to 1200mgs

10. I believe the patent holder has done a few studies on Testofen
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

11. Hypothetically speaking, if you had a bottle of Fenugreek (not Testofen), would you consider supplementing it. Why or why not?

12. Quote Originally Posted by JonRubio View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if you had a bottle of Fenugreek (not Testofen), would you consider supplementing it. Why or why not?
    I wouldn't have purchased the bottle before I knew exactly what it was and how it would affect me. I'd research about it before​ I purchased it.

13. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I wouldn't have purchased the bottle before I knew exactly what it was and how it would affect me. I'd research about it before​ I purchased it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    That cracks me up
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

15. I got the bottle for free... it came with a multivitamin I purchased.

16. Captain hindsight says take it. It is good stuff.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA studies
    By rysigpi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
  2. studies on IL-15
    By french_muscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
  3. looking for studies!
    By bencozzy in forum IGF-1/GH