Best Weight Gainer

rushrugby

Awards
Currently taking Optimum Nutrition- serious mass but discovered its mainly maltodextrin.

Anyone recommend a good weight gainer, doesn't have to contain creatine already have caps.

Cheers

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make your own. I suggest you get 5 pounds of whey, some oat flour or whatever carb you want to add and some 2% or whole milk, really that is all you need. This way if you want to get some in at night, you can just do protein with fats instead of lots of carbs too. They are a rip off, always make your own.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always do 2 cups milk, 2 scoops choc whey, 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp PB... Thats easily 1000cals.

rushrugby

Awards
Normal oats from a health shop then blend? Sounds cheaper bit will I be missing out on anything

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
supermarket oats will work too and may be even cheaper :)

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
I prefer kashi go lean original for my carb source

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont like weight gainers as they detract you from eating solid food and mess up your appetite.

I eat smaller, balanced meals throughout the day --- then A pizza or burger and fries at night.

So I hope I get 3000 from normal meals then 1200-2000 with my nightly feast. Its hard to eat with small appetite.

-Matt

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I dont like weight gainers as they detract you from eating solid food and mess up your appetite.

I eat smaller, balanced meals throughout the day --- then A pizza or burger and fries at night.

So I hope I get 3000 from normal meals then 1200-2000 with my nightly feast. Its hard to eat with small appetite.

-Matt
U don't look like u eat a pizza or burger and fries... Everybody says they do though.

OP, I don't mind weight gain powder at all...
U need to use this and still eat many meals this is just iceing ok the cake.
I used
-Serious Mass (too many carbs)
-Up Your Mass (good carb source)
-Real Gains (taste was eh...)

I heard true mass is good as well. Mix that up with milk, 2 scoops p butter and some 100% egg whites powder and a banana and you're rockin man!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
up your mass will be your best bet imo for an all in one.. but id just make my own.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More power to you guys who can eat all meals PLUS down wt gainer shakes.....my body just does not want to eat after a heavy shake with high fats, carbs and milk etc.....

I really would love to eat just 1 meal a day!!!!! I may need to retire.

-Matt

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't need a weight gainer. I can gain very easily. Too easily. Anyway I'd rather chew my calories than drink them, besides I have teeth.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't need a weight gainer. I can gain very easily. Too easily. Anyway I'd rather chew my calories than drink them, besides I have teeth.
funny guy :laughing:

More power to you guys who can eat all meals PLUS down wt gainer shakes.....my body just does not want to eat after a heavy shake with high fats, carbs and milk etc.....

I really would love to eat just 1 meal a day!!!!! I may need to retire.

-Matt
If u ate 1 meal how many cals would it e and what would be the macros? haha

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
funny guy :laughing:

If u ate 1 meal how many cals would it e and what would be the macros? haha
Just Warrior Diet approach it ---- fast all day then come home to a feast of lean proteins, fruits, vegetables and complex carbs etc....oils...

-Matt

rushrugby

Awards
Had true mass in the past wasn't too impressed. Tasted great but only had 80g of carbs in a serving and was poor value for money only lasts 9 days for £30+

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Had true mass in the past wasn't too impressed. Tasted great but only had 80g of carbs in a serving and was poor value for money only lasts 9 days for £30+
More carbs? More Cals?

tal0716

Awards
I always do 2 cups milk, 2 scoops choc whey, 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp PB... Thats easily 1000cals.
Pretty much my breakfast, except for the banana and pb. Milk, whey and oats pretty much do it for me

rushrugby

Awards
Pretty much my breakfast, except for the banana and pb. Milk, whey and oats pretty much do it for me
Did what you recommended, looks good on paper but tastes like absolute ****. Couldn't think of a worse thing to consume in the morning. Now I see why gainers are quite pricey

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add ice and ice cream with honey. Tastes much better

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did what you recommended, looks good on paper but tastes like absolute ****. Couldn't think of a worse thing to consume in the morning. Now I see why gainers are quite pricey
this is what i do and it tastes amazing

Ice, butter pecan ice cream (or vanilla), milk, 2 scoops chocolate 100% whey by ON, 1 banana, sliced pineapple, honey. if u have a good blender or what a big shake, you can add oats or peanut butter

tal0716

Awards
Hmm, I guess it would depend on the flavor of protein added. I use chocolate flavored whey, 2% milk and rolled oats

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
I use to drink that all the time as well. You learn to get use to it. If the taste really does bug you (im assuming you dont like the taste of raw oats) substitute some kashi go lean original. More fiber and protein then raw oats and tastes better IMO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 12
thehulk98 Supplements 39
Bulking 65
Supplements 27
neofrost83 Bulking 31