Protein Intake: AJ & WarbirdWS6

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not sure if I'll be able to duplicate the legacy with the Milas RecoverPro thread, but that's not my intention I just want to hear some general consensus.

Well know the more protein the better...
What's over kill and quad enough?
Me personally I think your bodyweight is enough, maybe shotgun a bit and add another 20g on top of your bodyweight.
So for instance I'm 190 and I usually stay between 190-250g a day. I drink amino acids but I don't count that toward my intake.

Warbird I think is taking in around 300+, nothing is wrong with that but is that really needed? If you're hungry why not but I'm trying to save you some $$ :D

So from beginner to pro start to finish, what's your guys take on Protein intake?

Who's right me or my good ole buddy Warbird?

I won't even begin to discuss carbs :) :run:

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
lol...........j/k. Believe me, 2 months at double BW in protein is enough for me. I won't do it again for a while. Will go back to BW plus a bit more plus the BCAA/Leucine. Hardest part of this recent stack is not tolerating the supps, or working out, or anything like that....it's eating/drinking all that fuqin protein....and you got the wrong title.....should have said ......."ALWAYS listen to WARBIRDWS6 about protein intake" LMFAO.....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
lol...........j/k. Believe me, 2 months at double BW in protein is enough for me. I won't do it again for a while. Will go back to BW plus a bit more plus the BCAA/Leucine. Hardest part of this recent stack is not tolerating the supps, or working out, or anything like that....it's eating/drinking all that fuqin protein....and you got the wrong title.....should have said ......."ALWAYS listen to WARBIRDWS6 about protein intake" LMFAO.....
:lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I stick between 1.25g-1.5g/lb while also taking BCAA pre-training and hydrolyzed casein intra/post-training. Most of my calories come from fat, which is about 45-50% of total calories with protein ~30% and carbs ~20%. In the end, people get way too hung up on protein consumption. Even Soviet studies on Olympic athletes show that you don't even need 1g/lb for optimal recovery and getting in sufficient calories for your workload is the most important thing.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I stick between 1.25g-1.5g/lb while also taking BCAA pre-training and hydrolyzed casein intra/post-training. Most of my calories come from fat, which is about 45-50% of total calories with protein ~30% and carbs ~20%. In the end, people get way too hung up on protein consumption. Even Soviet studies on Olympic athletes show that you don't even need 1g/lb for optimal recovery and getting in sufficient calories for your workload is the most important thing.
yeah I agree with this diet and supplementation.....I do similar, maybe 40 fat and 40 protein and 20 carbs, sometimes 50% protein and 25/25 fat carbs with BCAA.....but then again, 50% of 2800-3K is about 350 grams of protein....

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Just to add, the 1g/lb should be on lean body mass not total weight.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just to add, the 1g/lb should be on lean body mass not total weight.
Agreed that's why 1g for every pound works.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
But if you guys keep eating protein like birds....1 gram per lb of LBW....while on all these PH's.....you're wasting time and money. take in some extra protein for christ sakes LOL :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
But if you guys keep eating protein like birds....1 gram per lb of LBW....while on all these PH's.....you're wasting time and money. take in some extra protein for christ sakes LOL :D
I've been trying

Even being on something like AndroMass I have been increasing protein slightly but not an absurd amount

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I've been trying

Even being on something like AndroMass I have been increasing protein slightly but not an absurd amount
well if you want to go spend 100's of dollars on PH's to ramp up your hormones.....you better have excess protein and aminos ready to build that new muscle or maintain that muscle while you burn fat, whichever you are doing. better to have too much protein than too little.....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
well if you want to go spend 100's of dollars on PH's to ramp up your hormones.....you better have excess protein and aminos ready to build that new muscle or maintain that muscle while you burn fat, whichever you are doing. better to have too much protein than too little.....
I agree bro!