Protein Intake: AJ & WarbirdWS6 - AnabolicMinds.com

Protein Intake: AJ & WarbirdWS6

1. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not sure if I'll be able to duplicate the legacy with the Milas RecoverPro thread, but that's not my intention I just want to hear some general consensus.

Well know the more protein the better...
    What's over kill and quad enough?
    Me personally I think your bodyweight is enough, maybe shotgun a bit and add another 20g on top of your bodyweight.
    So for instance I'm 190 and I usually stay between 190-250g a day. I drink amino acids but I don't count that toward my intake.

Warbird I think is taking in around 300+, nothing is wrong with that but is that really needed? If you're hungry why not but I'm trying to save you some $$

So from beginner to pro start to finish, what's your guys take on Protein intake?

Who's right me or my good ole buddy Warbird?

I won't even begin to discuss carbs
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm right.
  3. Banned

lol...........j/k. Believe me, 2 months at double BW in protein is enough for me. I won't do it again for a while. Will go back to BW plus a bit more plus the BCAA/Leucine. Hardest part of this recent stack is not tolerating the supps, or working out, or anything like that....it's eating/drinking all that fuqin protein....and you got the wrong title.....should have said ......."ALWAYS listen to WARBIRDWS6 about protein intake" LMFAO.....
    •   

4. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6
    lol...........j/k. Believe me, 2 months at double BW in protein is enough for me. I won't do it again for a while. Will go back to BW plus a bit more plus the BCAA/Leucine. Hardest part of this recent stack is not tolerating the supps, or working out, or anything like that....it's eating/drinking all that fuqin protein....and you got the wrong title.....should have said ......."ALWAYS listen to WARBIRDWS6 about protein intake" LMFAO.....
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I stick between 1.25g-1.5g/lb while also taking BCAA pre-training and hydrolyzed casein intra/post-training. Most of my calories come from fat, which is about 45-50% of total calories with protein ~30% and carbs ~20%. In the end, people get way too hung up on protein consumption. Even Soviet studies on Olympic athletes show that you don't even need 1g/lb for optimal recovery and getting in sufficient calories for your workload is the most important thing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I stick between 1.25g-1.5g/lb while also taking BCAA pre-training and hydrolyzed casein intra/post-training. Most of my calories come from fat, which is about 45-50% of total calories with protein ~30% and carbs ~20%. In the end, people get way too hung up on protein consumption. Even Soviet studies on Olympic athletes show that you don't even need 1g/lb for optimal recovery and getting in sufficient calories for your workload is the most important thing.
    yeah I agree with this diet and supplementation.....I do similar, maybe 40 fat and 40 protein and 20 carbs, sometimes 50% protein and 25/25 fat carbs with BCAA.....but then again, 50% of 2800-3K is about 350 grams of protein....
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Just to add, the 1g/lb should be on lean body mass not total weight.
  8. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fadi
    Agreed that's why 1g for every pound works.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    yeah we were discussing that aspect last night.....I pointed out that 160 lean lbs vrs 180 or so actual lbs is not that much difference....but it adds up if you double it thats for sure.....
  10. Banned

But if you guys keep eating protein like birds....1 gram per lb of LBW....while on all these PH's.....you're wasting time and money. take in some extra protein for christ sakes LOL
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

But if you guys keep eating protein like birds....1 gram per lb of LBW....while on all these PH's.....you're wasting time and money. take in some extra protein for christ sakes LOL
    I've been trying

Even being on something like AndroMass I have been increasing protein slightly but not an absurd amount
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I've been trying

Even being on something like AndroMass I have been increasing protein slightly but not an absurd amount
    well if you want to go spend 100's of dollars on PH's to ramp up your hormones.....you better have excess protein and aminos ready to build that new muscle or maintain that muscle while you burn fat, whichever you are doing. better to have too much protein than too little.....
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

well if you want to go spend 100's of dollars on PH's to ramp up your hormones.....you better have excess protein and aminos ready to build that new muscle or maintain that muscle while you burn fat, whichever you are doing. better to have too much protein than too little.....
    I agree bro!
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
  2. protein intake
    By Montesano813 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. Protein Intake
    By Stallion83 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18