no supps = stronger?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
dont no where to put this and dont no if ther is an answer for this. for the past 2-3 weeks i have been off supps and i mean absolutely nothing other than a protein a shake after my workout. before that i have been on 5-10g of creatine mono since august i believe with no break other than maybe a few days i skipped due to being sick. also ran some different preworkouts, i'd like to say 4 or 5 since august and different bcaa's. since the past 2-3 weeks of being off of everything, my pumps are more insane, my strength is rising, more veins are shootin out of me and i just feel all out better than the past 5 months with supps. i just drink a coffee before my workouts for some quick energy and thats about it. how is all this happening without supps? this make no sense to me. can anyone explain this by any chance

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
maybe when you used the supplements you werent as focused on your diet and training as you are now. Diet/training > any supplement

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe when you used the supplements you werent as focused on your diet and training as you are now. Diet/training > any supplement
Have to agree here, perhaps you were using the supplements as a crutch and now that they are gone you are more keen on keeping the nutrition and training up? Not saying your training/diet was off before, just something that MIGHT have slipped. I tend to go a little "lax" if I'm on too many supps... Though I am always using BCAAs, creatine, and preworkouts.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
that could be true actually since preworkouts never let me eat as much. im liking this a lot, i was about to hop back on creatine next month everything is goin so much better now. its just so strange especially the pumps, ther too explosive

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
could be the pre workouts had too much caffeine in them and it took away from the pump. Could be a lot of things lol. Certain Preworkouts kill my appetite, when you are looking to gain sometimes pre's can be a hindrance. I like to use them mainly because my appetite is ravenous all the time... haha. Good luck!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I only mention it because I fell into this trap early on in training.. I was focusing on powders and didnt realize I was focusing on all the wrong stuff... supps are great once everything else is lined up

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
could be the pre workouts had too much caffeine in them and it took away from the pump. Could be a lot of things lol. Certain Preworkouts kill my appetite, when you are looking to gain sometimes pre's can be a hindrance. I like to use them mainly because my appetite is ravenous all the time... haha. Good luck!
yeah man anything with DMAA in it KILLS my appetite. I workout around 5 PM and don't even want to touch food after my post shake. Sucks for my goals lol

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
well lets see how this will go a month from now lol thanks for the answers guys

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Actually during training caffeine will not do that.
Caffeine has two main modalities (there are others): as an adenosine receptor antagonist and as a PDE inhibitor. During exercise the skeletal muscle vascular beds are hyper-responsive to vasodilation, and almost unresponsive to vasoconstriction (due to local metabolite production). With this in mind, caffeine will potentiate the vasodilation via it's intrinsic PDEI capacity - delaying the hydrolysis of cAMP and prolonging vasodilation.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Came in to say this.

Also, 10g of creatine isn't necessary, 3-5g is fine. BCAAs aren't going to do much of anything for strength either...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People depend on supplements too much. Ive gone months without protein powders or as low as 50g p/d and never lost any size or strength. The most simple things in a diet can effect power, pumps and what not. :)