AI and SERM question

rodo123

Awards
They ultimately do the same thing, just through a different pathway right? One isn't better than the other is it?

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
my understanding is an AI is suicide while serm is more selective-not a complete shutdown
not claiming this is 100%-just what my understanding to this point is

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and prevent it from doing any effect. They do not reduce circulating estrogen levels.

AIs reduce the actual synthesis of estrogen within the body.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AIs inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, leaving more testosterone as testosterone and decreasing serum estrogen levels

SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and inactivates it essentially. Even if estrogen is present, if it cannot bind to and activate the estrogen receptor its has no effects. The body senses this as a decrease in estrogen since the estrogen receptors are not being activated and as a result signals for more hormone release.

More testosterone is released in an attempt to raise estrogen since estrogen comes from testosterone.

This is why taking both an AI and a SERM is so effective, and this is the reason we created Erase Pro, the full spectrum hormone modulator

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
AIs inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, leaving more testosterone as testosterone and decreasing serum estrogen levels

SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and inactivates it essentially. Even if estrogen is present, if it cannot bind to and activate the estrogen receptor its has no effects. The body senses this as a decrease in estrogen since the estrogen receptors are not being activated and as a result signals for more hormone release.

More testosterone is released in an attempt to raise estrogen since estrogen comes from testosterone.

This is why taking both an AI and a SERM is so effective, and this is the reason we created Erase Pro, the full spectrum hormone modulator
Natty, but there are 2 types of AI's. The non-steroidal and the irreversible steroidal types. Does the new erase pro completely disable the enzyme (permanent) or is it a competitive and then breaks off allowing for non permanent inhibition of the aromatase enzyme?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and prevent it from doing any effect. They do not reduce circulating estrogen levels.

AIs reduce the actual synthesis of estrogen within the body.
good post! for the general public.. serms stop just boobies.. ai's stop all estrogenic effects in simple terms lol to a degree

J19891

J19891

Awards
Natty, but there are 2 types of AI's. The non-steroidal and the irreversible steroidal types. Does the new erase pro completely disable the enzyme (permanent) or is it a competitive and then breaks off allowing for non permanent inhibition of the aromatase enzyme?
I'm pretty sure the AI portion of erase is suicidal (disables the enzyme permanently). Keep in mind though, disabling the enzyme just means that molecule of aromatase enzyme itself becomes permanently inactive. Your body eventually produces more, so it's not like the effects are permanent.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure the AI portion of erase is suicidal (disables the enzyme permanently). Keep in mind though, disabling the enzyme just means that molecule of aromatase enzyme itself becomes permanently inactive. Your body eventually produces more, so it's not like the effects are permanent.
haha yea i already know what they do! I just wanted to know if it was suicidal therefore actually decreasing estrogen, rather than being competitive and not harming free estrogen. Sweetness thanks!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The AI thats in both Erase and Erase pro is suicidal.

This means the enzyme is completely deactivated and the body must manufacture more before estrogen synthesis can continue.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Remember SERMS also ACTIVATE/STIMULATE estrogen in certain tissues, brain, uterus, bones etc....That is why clomid and nolva make you feel emotional and moody.

I like suicide AI's since they will not cause a rebounding effect once ceasing usage.

-Matt

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Remember SERMS also ACTIVATE/STIMULATE estrogen in certain tissues, brain, uterus, bones etc....That is why clomid and nolva make you feel emotional and moody.

I like suicide AI's since they will not cause a rebounding effect once ceasing usage.

-Matt
Understandable, and makes sense. Since the conversion rate of test to estrogen is around .3% daily without exogenous hormones? If I recall, allowing for a small gradual conversion back to homeostasis? And for competitive like letro, causes rebound because once they break off the enzyme, instead of permanent inhibition, that's what causes rebound? Correct?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Understandable, and makes sense. Since the conversion rate of test to estrogen is around .3% daily without exogenous hormones? If I recall, allowing for a small gradual conversion back to homeostasis? And for competitive like letro, causes rebound because once they break off the enzyme, instead of permanent inhibition, that's what causes rebound? Correct?
While the letro temporarily binds to the aromatase enzyme and essentially "captures it" -- once you cease usage, the once captured estrogen is now liberated plus you now have new estrogen being aromatized so you are getting a "double whammy" of tit forming estrogen.

-Matt

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
While the letro temporarily binds to the aromatase enzyme and essentially "captures it" -- once you cease usage, the once captured estrogen is now liberated plus you now have new estrogen being aromatized so you are getting a "double whammy" of tit forming estrogen.

-Matt
Ouch, sounds terrible. Thanks for the clarification!