What multivitamins do you take?

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to buy some good ones. Nothing incredibly expensive though.

I'm not really sure what to look for, other than Vit C, E, Bs, Folic acid, and other antioxidants. I'm a little worried that some of them might have too much of certain vitamins though. Like, why do I need 1600% of the DV of anything?

For instance, I noticed Opti-Men by Optimum Nutrition. The only reason I looked is because I like some of their other products (who doesn't like their protein).

What is generally recommended?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
never been one to compare multis. as long as its from a reputable company with decent price, i pick it up. have used gnc's (yup), vitaminshoppe's, kirkland signature (costco), optimum, along with others.
Sage

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I go for the Walmart generic multi. Never noticed a diference.

Yeah, I'm a cheapass. :rolleyes:

S

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
I just use centrum performace , or mega man

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd go with the mega man over centrum...if you read the other ingredients you'll see all the questionable fillers they put in centrum.

L

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
centrum brand is crap. Go for Costco/kirkland or Sam's cuz they are made by Leiner which is the largest and reputable vitamin manufacturer. the are the only ones to voluntarily manufacture their calcium with no lead trace impurities. i buy almost all my vitamin/antioxidant's from them-multi,c,e,calcium citrate, grape seed, ginkgo/vinco, b-complex, saw palmento, soy isoflavone, and milk thistle. Unfortunately, they don't carry lipoic acid, nac, green tea, alcar, etc..... yet.

F

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Opti-men here. I like it. You can deinetely tell that it is time released because I take mine at 7:30 in the morning and I am still pissing florescent color at 2 or 3 that afternoon. Plus it has so much more than a multi-vit too.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Super Hy-Vites, they're more potent than most B-Complexes and they're time-released

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
GNC Solotron. But I only buy them if they're on the super clearance rack when they're close to the expiration date. In fact, if and when I buy anything from GNC, it usually comes from that rack. :thumbsup:

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I prefer a multivitamin that's in a capsule (i.e. you know it's going to be digested. I've heard of sewers being cleared and loads of undigested multivits being the most common solid substrate) and without iron (you really shouldn't be supplementing with iron if you're a male, particularly a male with a diet already high in iron).

The best I've been able to find has been Twin Labs Daily One Caps. They've got a nice dose of the B-vitamins and cover all the basics. Not that expensive, either.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I prefer a multivitamin that's in a capsule (i.e. you know it's going to be digested. I've heard of sewers being cleared and loads of undigested multivits being the most common solid substrate)...
That's an old wive's tale...The hcl produced in the stomach can easily dissolve a tablet.

L

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Healthy males do not need to iron supplement as foods offer all we need. Daily use of vitamins w/iron will build up iron toxicity after years. personally, i'm switching to Now ADAM for that reason alone. kirkland will never come out with an iron free version. females who's at the age of mentruating need iron supplementation due to blood/iron loss during mentruation.

F

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Healthy males do not need to iron supplement as foods offer all we need. Daily use of vitamins w/iron will build up iron toxicity after years. personally, i'm switching to Now ADAM for that reason alone. kirkland will never come out with an iron free version. females who's at the age of mentruating need iron supplementation due to blood/iron loss during mentruation.
what kind of foods that we woudl be eating regularly have a lot of iron?
How much is the recomended amount a day?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Been using this one for a month now. My piss glows in the dark, over all a very good deal. One problem, the pills are roughly the size of an eighteen wheeler, and you take two daily instead of one. I've always had a problem swallowing large pills and tablets, so I have to chew them a bit, and man do they taste horrid.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I like Ultimate Nutrition's "Super Complete". They recommend taking 9 caps/day (3, 3, 3), but I have been taking 6 (2,2,2) and rarely get sick. I also take extra C, Selenium, dry E, and zinc for good measure.

Gumbo

B

blazinred

Awards
i myself, have taken megamen,centrum,NOW adam, and twinlabs daily. I recommend this to most people, for the money, there is no better vitamin then twinlab. Their profile is pretty good, can get without iron and keeps me pissing nasty smelling neon piss all day long.

My experence with ADAM by now is not good. I took it one day , like usual in the morning and one day on a late lunch i choked on a nacho, so i went to the bathroom and put my finger down my throat and got it up, along with a almost brand new NOW adam vitamin, and my piss was normal when taking it. I think it just sat in my stomach.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
i myself, have taken megamen,centrum,NOW adam, and twinlabs daily. I recommend this to most people, for the money, there is no better vitamin then twinlab. Their profile is pretty good, can get without iron and keeps me pissing nasty smelling neon piss all day long.

My experence with ADAM by now is not good. I took it one day , like usual in the morning and one day on a late lunch i choked on a nacho, so i went to the bathroom and put my finger down my throat and got it up, along with a almost brand new NOW adam vitamin, and my piss was normal when taking it. I think it just sat in my stomach.
Never had a problem with the ADAM, but then I give them a chew before swallowing. The Twinlab one looks great at that price. I like ONE a day too, as opposed to two.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Strong bump lol

While it's nice to have for, at the very least, the alleged purity testing, I would take labdoor's recommendations with a grain of salt. Now ADAM and GNC Mega Men above Orange Triad? Many of OT's forms of vitamins, and minerals in particular, are superior...not to mention the added bonus of the immune/digestion/joint complexes.

T

Toff

Awards
  • Established
wow appologies, it really is an old thread! I just clicked on it at the bottom of the page haha

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow appologies, it really is an old thread! I just clicked on it at the bottom of the page haha
You know, I have never minded thread bumps that are relevant to the original topic and bring up new info. It shows people are using the search function and keeps info more organized. I say: kudos to you.
kudos-bar.jpg

I enjoyed looking through that link you posted.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Strong bump lol

While it's nice to have for, at the very least, the alleged purity testing, I would take labdoor's recommendations with a grain of salt. Now ADAM and GNC Mega Men above Orange Triad? Many of OT's forms of vitamins, and minerals in particular, are superior...not to mention the added bonus of the immune/digestion/joint complexes.
I can only imagine,what you OL guys would put in your Multi-vitamin product..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I picked up bottles of universal multi that I'll be using soon. Finishing off ctd multi now

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I picked up bottles of universal multi that I'll be using soon. Finishing off ctd multi now
all Multi-Vitamins are basically premixes, that's why so many are alike in amounts and fairly cheap in cost.

Not sure why people go so cheap on such important nutrients...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If looking for an inexpensive coenzymated one keep emerald labs in mind. Obviously the absolute best multifaceted have been named, but this is a good newer one daily that's cheap for minimalist.

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I do not always buy the multivitamin!
I'd rather spend the money in vit. c, vit. b, vit. d3, zinc.
But every now and then purchase Anavite!
Beautiful.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
One a day Maximum 100 tabs for $4 .. Orange Triad is my first choice but cant afford it every month : \

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually just picked up powdered Gaspari Anavite. Tastes like Tang...

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One a day Maximum 100 tabs for $4 .. Orange Triad is my first choice but cant afford it every month : \
cheap is cheap but expensive in the long run..., not sure why people risk it with such vital nutrients

S

sareea

Awards
I stopped taking these sink products.
I drink wheat grass juice for multivitamin supply, and I am sure it gives me cool pumps at gym :D when I am lazy I take greens juice powder from garden of life or Amazing grass ORAC ...
Vitamins from foods are a lot better for your body, even a smaller amount makes you feel better than *100 amounts in other supplements.

If you still want pills... Go with whole food supplements like Garden of life or better myKind organics..

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink wheat grass juice for multivitamin supply, and I am sure it gives me cool pumps at gym :D when I am lazy I take greens juice powder from garden of life or Amazing grass ORAC ...
Vitamins from foods are a lot better for your body, even a smaller amount makes you feel better than *100 amounts in other supplements.

If you still want pills... Go with whole food supplements like Garden of life or better myKind organics..
Green powder could be the biggest scam on earth.

S

sareea

Awards
Green powder could be the biggest scam on earth.
Yeah it is not like the fresh juice which is the best thing ever that I took. I juice it with hand powered juicer, a little workout in the morning lol.

But the Juice powder (not leaf powder) is still better than other synthetic multis that the body mostly urinates :)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The reformulated Megafood line is very solid. You can watch their whole process live on their website. They are particularly better since recent reformulation.

GOL stuff is good too. I like the mykind organics line as well.