MSM and Glucosmine Sulfat -Chondroitin-opinions

Sixpack

Awards
Hey guys wondering what you guys think the best supp for joint aches,tendonitis, etc are. I have never taken MSM or Glucosamine Sulfate or Chondrite(Sp) What do u guys recommend for this and what products do u recommend supps or creams etc. And if u could let me know know how much each to take I need to get something for my damn knees they are killing me. What do u think of this

Glucosamine 1500mg per day

Chondroitin 1200mg per day

MSM 4000-6000mg per day

Do some get absorbed better or can I just go to any grocery store etc and buy them seperate etc. SOme of this **** does not get absorbed depending on quality I would think

Thanks
Six

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing 1,500mg glucosamine 1,200mg chondroitin, and 2,000mg MSM per day for about a year now and I've definitely seen improvements in my joints. I would reccomend www.swansonvitamins.com or your local "costco" or "trader joes" to get them.

ManBeast

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One thing to be cautious of is the therapeutic dose of glucosamine is 1500 mg, problem is some companies will claim to have 1500 mg but they are not measuring the elemental weight but measuring the whole compound. Look closely at the labels as they are starting to measure the elemental weight. For example it may say 3 tabs equals 1500 mg glucosamine HCL yeilding 1200 mg of glucosamine...so just read the labels carefully.

Sixpack

Awards
Thanks guys I got the extra strength glucosamine/chondrite made by "Now Foods" SOlid company now I just have to go get some more MSM
THanks guys