Dried Egg white powder vs Whey for bloating

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
So I find a 5 lb jug of "dried egg white powder" from some farm company (on BB) that is the same price as the ON whey 5 lber....I was wondering if the egg would make a major difference as far as bloating and all those negative digestive effects whey seems to have. For the same price, I figure why not use something that is less of a pain during digestion. Or perhaps use the whey ONLY PWO, and the egg white powder every other occasion. haven't NOT used why in AGES....so figure some of you might have seen the difference between whey and egg recently.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
You should use pure whey protein mainly pre and post workout. Eggwhite is good source of protein. It has less Leucine than whey, but it should not make big difference. I don't know how Eggwhites taste since I have not tried pure eggwhite protein. Your bloating is probably due to the lactose in the whey concentrate. You can try whey isolate, or take something for the lactose.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should use pure whey protein mainly pre and post workout. Eggwhite is good source of protein. It has less Leucine than whey, but it should not make big difference. I don't know how Eggwhites taste since I have not tried pure eggwhite protein. Your bloating is probably due to the lactose in the whey concentrate. You can try whey isolate, or take something for the lactose.
This is where I throw out my plug for PeptoPro...

Do you get bloat from just whey or all dairy products?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
This is where I throw out my plug for PeptoPro...

Do you get bloat from just whey or all dairy products?
It seems to be from whey, I don't drink much milk to be honest....only a few times a week maybe. And as for other dairy I don't do much of that either. So I could get the same effect from other dairy items, but I just don't eat enough of them to know. I like whey PWO, so I could suffer on those 4 days no big deal at all....and I thought to just use something like egg white powder for any other times during the day I need supplemental protein. But I am open to any other protein that is in powder form as well.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
they have a "propeptide" protein at BB at 5lbs for 10 bucks more than 5lb whey or egg whites.....and the "peptopro" is on clearance, and is only 1 lb... they may be similar?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Some local stores sell protein in single packets to try out. you could try isolates and egg whites before you buy if you like. I know Trutein sells samples as well on their site and they have both blends and isolates. Blends are better option though out the day, but egg whites will do fine as well if milk based products give you problems.

Which protein are you using now?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they have a "propeptide" protein at BB at 5lbs for 10 bucks more than 5lb whey or egg whites.....and the "peptopro" is on clearance, and is only 1 lb... they may be similar?
No, they're very different. PeptoPro is hydrolyzed casein and Propeptide is a protein blend.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Some local stores sell protein in single packets to try out. you could try isolates and egg whites before you buy if you like. I know Trutein sells samples as well on their site and they have both blends and isolates. Blends are better option though out the day, but egg whites will do fine as well if milk based products give you problems.

Which protein are you using now?
I've taken egg white protein many times in the past, but never really for that long to assess it....plus I was taking whey during the day as an adjunct to it....I seem to get bloated very easy though, probably especially with dairy i assume. I use ON whey now.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but the propeptide has various digestive nutrients in it as well, and yeah its a blend. So basically one is a blend and one is pure casein and both have digestive aid's?
Hydrolyzed casein, not "normal" casein. PeptoPro doesn't contain digestive aids, but it is "pre-digested."

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
•Loaded with Probiotic Organisms to promote more efficient Protein Digestive Activity.*
•Contains LTP Micellar Casein combined with High Fraction Whey and Egg Proteins.
•Specifically Engineered for Maximum Anabolic & Anti-Catabolic Activity.
•Rich in Bioactive Protein Fractions and Peptide Sequences.

I don't know man, that propeptide sounds pretty good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That product is just not cost effective though....even on clearance its 32 bucks for 1 lb, that equals over 150 bucks as compared to the propeptide or whey or egg white 5 lbers.
It's designed specifically for use around training and not as an MRP.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
For your interest in one of the best protein supplements available. ProPeptide is concentrated protein with a composition specifically engineered to provide all of the amino acids, protein fractions, and peptides that your body needs to grow lean, healthy, and muscular.*
Probiotic Organisms. ProPeptide contains probiotic organisms that promote a healthy gut and better protein digestion.*

Gums. ProPeptide does not contain added gums. Studies have surmised that fibers (gums) can interfere with protein absorption into the body, resulting in lower protein utilization efficiency. Check out your favorite protein drink mix. Odds are it contains added gums.

We use only Micellar casein, no caseinate. Micellar casein is the natural form of casein in milk. Micellar casein forms the ideal "Time Release" complex in the stomach and intestines.* Micellar casein costs more than the caseinates some of our competitors use, but we know it is worth the expense.

The proteins used in ProPeptide have been screened to ensure that they provide high quantities of fractions, such as lactoferrin, as well as important peptides.

10 grams of glutamine peptide per serving to help reduce muscle tissue breakdown and promote good health.*

The protein balance in ProPeptide is tailored to the human body for maximum performance and available in three delicious flavors.*

2 Lbs. Chocolate Malt
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Scoops(Approx. 65grams)
Servings Per Container14

Amount Per Serving

Calories 230
Calories From Fat 25

% Daily Value

Fat 3grams 5%
Saturated Fat 1gram 5%
+ Trans 0grams 0%
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 350mg 14%
Potassium 350mg 10%
Carbohydrates 6grams 2%
Dietary Fiber 3grams 0
Sugars 3grams -
Protein 45grams 90%

Vitamin A - 0%
Calcium 600mg 60%
Phosphorus 420mg 42%
Vitamin C - 0%
Iron 1mg 5%
Magnesium 4mg 1%

* Percent of Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower, depending on your calorie needs.

Ingredients
ProPeptide Proprietary Advanced Protein Blend (Milk Protein Cultured With Bifidus, Acidophilus, And Yogurt Organisms, Whey Protein From High Fraction Concentrate And Isolate, Peptide Bonded Glutamine, Egg White, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Dutch Process Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavors., Proprietary Metabolic Fat Blend (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Lecithin), Cellulose Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose.

Directions For ProPeptide: Add two scoops to 16 ounces of cold water. Consume two to three times daily.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Learn more about Whey Protein.

Check out other Health & Wellness Products.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
It's designed specifically for use around training and not as an MRP.
yeah, I want something I can take 3 times per day along with eating 3 times.....350 or so grams of protein is not easy for me. So that is why I was looking at egg white powder, but this other peptide protein looks pretty good if it actually has some of the probiotic and whatever digestive aids in it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I want something I can take 3 times per day along with eating 3 times.....350 or so grams of protein is not easy for me. So that is why I was looking at egg white powder, but this other peptide protein looks pretty good if it actually has some of the probiotic and whatever digestive aids in it.
Egg would suffice as will casein but if you have an allergy to whey and thats why your getting bloated then you might also be allergic to casein. Only way to know for sure is to try it out.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
OP, you could try a 100% isolate in the off-chance that you bloating is due to lactose intolerance from the lactase (carbs). Keep in mind that lactose intolerance has varying degrees of severity, and simple bloating is an indication of mild LI.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah thanks guys.....I got a 2 lb of the dried egg whites and 2 lb of the propeptide complex instead of a 5 lb of either. I'll just use one then the other, or maybe mix them together for 50 grams each. I'll still take the whey PWO.....I usually get a high quality pure isolate for PWO, but since I was taking it PWO and throughout the day.....I went with the basic cheaper ON whey lately. Once that runs out for PWO I'll get back on the isolate for PWO only. I think I just bloat and that is how it is....

Jas

Awards
I've taken egg white protein many times in the past, but never really for that long to assess it....plus I was taking whey during the day as an adjunct to it....I seem to get bloated very easy though, probably especially with dairy i assume. I use ON whey now.
Revisiting a old thread to add some input for those interested...Ive ran into this problem too - taking a whey protein after working out, and getting bloating. This is because the whey is not a high quality grade which is easily digested. You get this with Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey because it contains Whey Concentrate which has lactose in. I've experienced this with a number of Whey Concentrate's after hard training session. Yes Whey Concentrate is cheaper than buying a pure single product containing Only Whey Isolates, which is why you see it priced cheaper and sometimes mixed with other protein - egg, milk, and isolate, to offer a more bang for buck, and a easy way to come out with something new, although its not necessarily good for you at certain times like post workout.s

For post training shake buy a Whey Isolate only. Buy one in bulk from somewhere if money is a concern, just make sure with the supplier it's lactose free, and contains only 1 type of Whey - Whey Isolate, for your post workout shake.

Good luck.