Purely for Strength & Fitness

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
First of all, Merry Christmas all.

Basically i've visited here as i'm at a bit of a sticking point with my training.

My goals are:
  • To lose a little bit more weight/BF
  • To get as physically strong as I get
  • But more importantly I want to be as physically fit as I can!
I want to be able to lift heavy, but also run fast/far. I know I might be asking too much but i'm not expecting to be able to Bench 200kg and also run a 4min mile, i'm trying to stay realistic.

My problem is, is that i've hit a plateau for about 2 months now, and obviously the Festive Season hasn't helped, so in the new year I really want to hit it hard.

I'm after a bit of advice regarding some/a supplement I can take that will aid my goals alongside my training & diet, bearing in mind I don't really want to put on huge mass.

My training is well structured/planned, and my diet, ok it's not PERFECT but it's more than adaquete.

Any advice is more than appreciate.

All the best,
Liam.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
At 74 pounds you need to eat more
I hope that is a typo

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
Yes it is a didn't realise it was in lb, I'm 80Kg so what's that about 150lb?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
strength is a facilitator to movement

the greater your strength to size ration will usually lead to speed.

Also are you just asking for advice overall from any aspect or training aspects?

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
strength is a facilitator to movement

the greater your strength to size ration will usually lead to speed.

Also are you just asking for advice overall from any aspect or training aspects?
Thanks for the reps :cheers:

You've hit the nail on the head with what i'm after, great strength:size, I don't want/need to put on huge mass, i'm looking at joining either the RAF or the Police Force in a few years time once i've done a few other things in my life (only 20 and already got a great job/earning good money).

My job is a Fitness Instructor but i'd never claim to know everything so i've always got my ears open for advice if you've got any.

But my first post was just specific to any supplements anybody would/could recommend to help my goals (and yes, I know supplements aren't any magic cure but if it's available, why not)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
as far as supplements for strength Creatinol o phosphate, creatine, beta alanine, bcaa
these are the only proven basic supps i can think of...if you want to get fancy then try a test booster. but for strength a lot has to do with training more so than anything else as opposed to bodybuilding where most of it has to do with diet (yes training is important to)

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
as far as supplements for strength Creatinol o phosphate, creatine, beta alanine, bcaa
these are the only proven basic supps i can think of...if you want to get fancy then try a test booster. but for strength a lot has to do with training more so than anything else as opposed to bodybuilding where most of it has to do with diet (yes training is important to)
You think test boosters would be alright at 20? If so what would you guys recommend? I've never looked into t-boosters before.

Luckily I've just bought some new powder which has a lot of BCAA's and has a good hit of Creatine, it's an all-in-one much like 'Cyclone' that really worked for me last time I took it.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You think test boosters would be alright at 20? If so what would you guys recommend? I've never looked into t-boosters before.

Luckily I've just bought some new powder which has a lot of BCAA's and has a good hit of Creatine, it's an all-in-one much like 'Cyclone' that really worked for me last time I took it.
in that case no t booster. but i think the most important thing here is training, maybe invest in some bands and chains to add to compound lifts, those will help build massive amounts of strength and power.

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
in that case no t booster. but i think the most important thing here is training, maybe invest in some bands and chains to add to compound lifts, those will help build massive amounts of strength and power.
Thanks for the recommendation, i'll look into some training with chains, but bands? What do you mean? Only bands we have at the gym I work at is those little "Stage 1,2,3" coloured ones the women do bicep curls and shoulder press with.

Believe it or not I have to pay to train at the gym I work at, and for the same money I get can better so I actually train at a different gym but it's very much a 'health club' so I dunno if they'd let me get the chains out :( But i'm still gonna ask

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the recommendation, i'll look into some training with chains, but bands? What do you mean? Only bands we have at the gym I work at is those little "Stage 1,2,3" coloured ones the women do bicep curls and shoulder press with. Believe it or not I have to pay to train at the gym I work at, and for the same money I get can better so I actually train at a different gym but it's very much a 'health club' so I dunno if they'd let me get the chains out :( But i'm still gonna ask
ive seen powerlifters attach bands to something and to the ends of their bar when benching thus almost like the chain effect of pulling down the weight

montesj88

Awards
as far as supplements....I started compound 20 by USP labs i think about 20 or 21 days ago. Im currently cutting and have gained a good amount of strength in my chest and legs which have been my lagging body parts since starting. I give the strength gains solely to compound 20 as that is the only new supplement i introduced to my body and i actually ended my test booster a few days before starting the compound 20. For me test boosters only give me a few extra pimples and a bigger sex drive, no test boosters have really "wooed" me, but yah id pay attention to the logs for compound 20 if your feeling "fancy" and want to add to your supplement regimen of what Rochabp already gave you advice one.

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
ive seen powerlifters attach bands to something and to the ends of their bar when benching thus almost like the chain effect of pulling down the weight
Ohh I see, so similar to chains then, thanks Roch for all your advice!

as far as supplements....I started compound 20 by USP labs i think about 20 or 21 days ago. Im currently cutting and have gained a good amount of strength in my chest and legs which have been my lagging body parts since starting. I give the strength gains solely to compound 20 as that is the only new supplement i introduced to my body and i actually ended my test booster a few days before starting the compound 20. For me test boosters only give me a few extra pimples and a bigger sex drive, no test boosters have really "wooed" me, but yah id pay attention to the logs for compound 20 if your feeling "fancy" and want to add to your supplement regimen of what Rochabp already gave you advice one.
I can't find ANY website that has specific information about C-20, the top 2 search results in google state "They don't even know what Compound 20 is" !!! and they go on as if not knowing is a good thing!?

WHAT!?

Can you give me a link to any respected information on C-20 please Montes?

montesj88

Awards
Ohh I see, so similar to chains then, thanks Roch for all your advice!

I can't find ANY website that has specific information about C-20, the top 2 search results in google state "They don't even know what Compound 20 is" !!! and they go on as if not knowing is a good thing!?

WHAT!?

Can you give me a link to any respected information on C-20 please Montes?

- I got in on the inner circle release. itll be out soon. But id read a bunch of logs about it first before you make the purchase cuz its getting a bunch of mixed review. I know someone on here is killin it in his log, its titled "Molding the dough with compound 20". And i think only *** has it for now....thats if it has been released yet

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
Don't mean to derail the thread. Got a question.
I have been training for a little over 6 months. Cause of my age I pay strict attention to form. Instead of going for heavy weight I go for reps.

After 6 monthes my bench is 240 x 15 and squats are 310 x 20. I could do more but form begins to suffer. Is this average or good?

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
What's that in Kg about 114Kg x 15 Bench + 140Kg x 20 Squat?

**** yea that's good! Especially at your height, that's a long way to go for a full depth swuat! Haha

My numbers aren't even there, and i'm in what alot of this forum would call 'prime age' where my natural test is at an all time high (Puberty/still growing etc.)

I'd have to agree with form over weight, the amount of people I see in gyms using any which-way just to simply get the weight up, absolutly cringe worthy. Most of the people go in to train their Ego rather than their Body/Muscles.

P.S. If you take it easy/serious and wanna try some heavy sets just make sure you have a 2 x good trustworthy spotter, don't use the typical gym instructors unless you KNOW they know how to properly spot a squat. I klnow im a gym instructor myself so shooting myself in the foot, but i've got to seen a LOT of lackluster instructors going through the doors and it's ridiculous how easy it is to now become one (hence why i'm already thinking of leaving the entire industry at only 20 years old)

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I like the smith machine or something similar. It is always ready to spot and doesn't get distracted.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't mean to derail the thread. Got a question.
I have been training for a little over 6 months. Cause of my age I pay strict attention to form. Instead of going for heavy weight I go for reps.

After 6 monthes my bench is 240 x 15 and squats are 310 x 20. I could do more but form begins to suffer. Is this average or good?
its definitely not bad!

solid numbers even though you area bigger guy still extremely impressive

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I lifted in college but that was 20 plus years ago. All my muscles from back then was gone. I started with a clean slate
Well I did have help with some sponsored logs.