anavite or individual beta alanine and lc/lt

B

badidea

Awards
i am setting up my 2012 supplement list and intending on sticking with the same protocol for the entire year. as a base i will take animal flex, animal omega, vitamin d3, beta alanine and lc/lt. i am trying to determine if it is better just to take anavite due to it having ba/lclt as well as a good b complex and other minerals that are solid. i am not a fan of multi's and have generally stayed away from them. however, for $20/month anavite appears to be a better option. if i go with bulk ba/lclt i will dose 4g ba and 2g lc/lt. any insight would be appreciated.

in case anyone is interested, i will also go with daa/erase 8 wks on, 2 wks off and use xfa year round as my pre workout at 6 caps per workout. i have used all of these products this year except erase and animal omega. looking forward to gaining ~ 6lb lean mass and continuing to lean out next year.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Why are you not a fan of multi-vitamins??

B

badidea

Awards
almost every thing i have read from lifters with medical backgrounds (dr dana as an example) have reported multi vitamins as mostly ineffective and seem to recommend spending money on other ingredients instead of buying a multi.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Using xfa year round is a bad idea (no pun intended on your username).

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xfactor advanced all year long sounds like a expensive idea and dunno if being on anything that long is good.

B

badidea

Awards
why would you not run xfa year round only on lifting days (4/5 times week). very curious. i have heard a lot of people recommend not being on this and other supplements (bioforge, daa, and other test boosters) but most just stop at nothing year round is good for you.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
why would you not run xfa year round only on lifting days (4/5 times week). very curious. i have heard a lot of people recommend not being on this and other supplements (bioforge, daa, and other test boosters) but most just stop at nothing year round is good for you.
Because prolonged usage of high amounts of ArA can cause inflammatory diseases, among other things.

B

badidea

Awards
thanks for the input. hadn't thought about the inflamatory disease angle. are there any studies on this? is there something you would cycle that with and is there a number of times you would limit per year (two or three runs of 50 days)? i though about hemovol but honestly i ran a bottle of agmatine in the past and really never felt anything from it. also, any input on the original question?

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
thanks for the input. hadn't thought about the inflamatory disease angle. are there any studies on this? is there something you would cycle that with and is there a number of times you would limit per year (two or three runs of 50 days)? i though about hemovol but honestly i ran a bottle of agmatine in the past and really never felt anything from it. also, any input on the original question?
No studies that I know of, simply because I don't think the safety of ArA supplementation has been studied longterm. Do 50 days on, 50 days off IMO. Use 4-6 caps preworkout, with 6g GMS, and 2g of a carnitine of choice. Anavite is a solid multi at a full dose daily; I personally prefer Orange Triad + SNS Beta alanine and ALCAR.

B

badidea

Awards
ok. i think i will rotate xfa and anabeta as my pre workouts for the year. am leaning towards using anavite over just beta alanine and lc/lt supplementation. and will stick with daa/erase strategy as well as animal omega/flex and 5000iu D3 ED. any other advice or input would be appreciated.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No studies that I know of, simply because I don't think the safety of ArA supplementation has been studied longterm. Do 50 days on, 50 days off IMO. Use 4-6 caps preworkout, with 6g GMS, and 2g of a carnitine of choice. Anavite is a solid multi at a full dose daily; I personally prefer Orange Triad + SNS Beta alanine and ALCAR.
He is right ara up regulates pro inflammatory enzymes that helps lend to many disaeses. Alcar does seem to be the go to carnitine although lclt is great too

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea if your not a fan of multis (me either) then just buy a solid pre workout and some spare bulk ba and lclt