American Pure Whey

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Ok I need some opinions on this stuff. Between me and my 2 workout buddies, we've ordered close to 500lbs of this isolate in 2 years now.

At $4 a lb how the hell could this be pure isolate?

But that's not my problem, my main concern is what the hell kind of protein is it?

Even if it were concentrate I would be happy with it, but hell even soy protein costs more than $4 a lb...

Just curious what everyone says, I've clearly gained mass off of it but it just doesn't add up price/quality wise.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You have been ordering it for 2 years and just now are questioning it?. Gained mass from drinking a protein drink?. Sure maybe it helped a little bit, but no more than eating chicken and steak. In fact, chicken and steak will work better at putting muscle on you.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just took a look at there website, and the isolate is around $9.50 a pound not $4. If you purchase the bigger jugs it is around $7 a pound.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
You have been ordering it for 2 years and just now are questioning it?. Gained mass from drinking a protein drink?. Sure maybe it helped a little bit, but no more than eating chicken and steak. In fact, chicken and steak will work better at putting muscle on you.
Not trying to start a pissing contest but is this truly "FACT" as in not only on "paper" but applies to every living organism ever created?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I see what you are saying now. If you purchase the huge 50 pound container it is only around $5.50 per pound....

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I just took a look at there website, and the isolate is around $9.50 a pound not $4. If you purchase the bigger jugs it is around $7 a pound.
Not going to throw around prices because they're not a sponsor, but with their monthly coupon code they send out 5 times every single month without fail, including free shipping this month, 50lbs is less than $4 a lb.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
how's the flavor?
Mixes instantly every time, never sandy. Always enjoyed it, buddy ordered strawberry and we literally thought it was 50lbs of nesquick powder...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not trying to start a pissing contest but is this truly "FACT" as in not only on "paper" but applies to every living organism ever created?
No not a fact that I know of. Just stating my opinion. I drink some protein too but only to augment my daily protein intake. I just believe that actually eating meat and chewing our food is to our advantage over drinking protein. Like I said, I drink protein too and it has its place for convenience sake and to break the monotony and blandness of a high protein diet. They really have no anabolic advantage over whole foods though.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
No not a fact that I know of. Just stating my opinion. I drink some protein too but only to augment my daily protein intake. I just believe that actually eating meat and chewing our food is to our advantage over drinking protein. Like I said, I drink protein too and it has its place for convenience sake and to break the monotony and blandness of a high protein diet.
I agree, I believe having a different selection of amino acids through whey, beef, chicken, and eggs allows the body to synthesize the protein better, although on work days, the only way I'm hitting 200+ protein is through 3 shakes at 50 grams a piece over a 7 hour period. Every day off though has about a lb and a half of chicken, 5 or 6 whole eggs, and 2-4oz of ground sirloin.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree, I believe having a different selection of amino acids through whey, beef, chicken, and eggs allows the body to synthesize the protein better, although on work days, the only way I'm hitting 200+ protein is through 3 shakes at 50 grams a piece over a 7 hour period. Every day off though has about a lb and a half of chicken, 5 or 6 whole eggs, and 2-4oz of ground sirloin.

So then we agree. Yeah it can be a pain in the butt to get all your protein from whole foods all the time.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
So then we agree. Yeah it can be a pain in the butt to get all your protein from whole foods all the time.
Yes, but back on topic lol....

It's common sense that pure isolate can not be sold for less than pea protein isolate per lb... So wtf is this protein source?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes, but back on topic lol....

It's common sense that pure isolate can not be sold for less than pea protein isolate per lb... So wtf is this protein source?

I have no idea, you are right to question it though. That is a ridiculously low price for 50 pounds of isolate.