essential supplements to take?? please help

nzurn

Awards
I'm a male, 161 pounds and 5' 11. I want to get to around 175 or so with low body fat and ripped as possible. I'm wondering what are the supplements that I should be taking to get me to my goal? Also, if possible I would not like to have caffeine in my pre drink. Please give me your thoughts. Thank you!

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You mentioned essentials so here is what I would suggest.
Fishoil
Multi vitamin
Whey protein powder
Creatine
Diet
Exercise

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like flightposite said---I'd consider the basic supplements as :

Multi-Vit
Whey Protein
Creatine
Fish Oil

(but diet and training will be more important in reaching your goals)

As far as stim free pre's -- We (Neogenix) have BodyForge.
It contains Creatine,Citrulline, Leucine, COP, + antioxidents and electrolytes in a Non-proprietary blend.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
there are so many good supp stacks that you can follow. I personally follow an ultimate supp stack that i found on zazenlife.com and ithas shown amazing results both physically and mentally.
Stop trying to pimp your site in every one of your posts.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Creatine
fish oil/ krill oil
Quality B vitamin complex
Vit D ,magnesium and calcium (during the day)
ZMK (before bed)

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
creatine, whey pro, BCAA, Need 2 slin or slin sane(any NP/GDA), beta alanine, fish oil, multi vit.

liquid_diet

liquid_diet

Board Sponsor
Awards
People seem to have the basics covered. Maybe add in some Citrulline Malate or a product containing this as well as BCAA's, creatine etc ;)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The protein that I prefer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Protein powder
Plenty of good, clean food
BCAA's
Fish oil
Multi
Creatine
Patience

PVL

Banned
Awards
ok so you are trying to gain about 15 pounds.................

there are 3,500 cals in a pound.......................

if you consume 500 more calories a day, for 5 weeks while doing the same amount of lifting, you will have your answer.

if you want it to be mostly lean, then you will have to do some trial and error with calories and the amount of cardio you do during the day.

i would do 30 minutes walking with an added 500 cal threshold, then allow it to pack on at a slower pace, but thats me.

as for supps, if you are eating well...........just a normal multi a couple times a day, some b vitamins, and lots of sleep.........try magnesium in bananas before bed with some milk(potassium). potassium and magnesium have a synergy to them and they aid in sleep.

hope that helps

nzurn

Awards
Thanks a ton everyone! Any hints on routine for working out? I'm working out 5 or 6 days a week.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a ton everyone! Any hints on routine for working out? I'm working out 5 or 6 days a week.
Some of the more popular are 5x5, dogg crapp, starting strength and such. There are a ton out there man. Too many to list really.

PVL

Banned
Awards
dude, we arent gunna spoon feed you info....................READ!!!!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You mentioned essentials so here is what I would suggest.
Fishoil
Multi vitamin
Whey protein powder
Creatine
Diet
Exercise
Exactly what I was going to say for essentials. No point in adding anything else in, until progression haults with these.

Mike

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I would add in a good post-workout nutrition shake.... either make your own with the whey and dextrose, or something like Golden Gains is really good.... or if you can just get right home and make yourself a meal after the gym then that would work too!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Probably been said 100 times, but basics are creatine protein and vitamin