Arginine vs Agmatine

  1. Arginine vs Agmatine


    In another thread it broke out into this argument a bit. Just curious on what each person thinks between the two. I know Agmatine is the new hot variant of what Arginine turns into. Just curious a bit more on the science of the two. I know some people say that Agmatine helps skip a step and is a direct shot into your system. others say that your body won't process the Agmatine. Just wanting to get AM.com peeps opinions on the two.


  2. Use both of them and see for yourself. Arginine cant even compare to agmatine
    Beast Sports Nutrition Representative
    www.beastsports.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beast Sports View Post
    Use both of them and see for yourself. Arginine cant even compare to agmatine
    I do use them both, Problem is my BCAA has Arginine added into it, and I take AI Agmatine, so having them both in the stack it's hard to see the difference. I do know when I first started Agmatine I remember how much more pump it felt I got. At that point who knows if it's just placebo though. I was curious in the science behind them.
    •   
       


  4. Arginine - worthless
    Agmatine - epic

  5. Agmatine research.... Anyone have any?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Agmatine research.... Anyone have any?
    There's some strewn in here....

    Augmatine

    Agmatine > Arginine
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

  7. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    There's some strewn in here....

    Augmatine

    Agmatine > Arginine
    Thanks handy article.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    There's some strewn in here....

    Augmatine

    Agmatine > Arginine
    Ill have to read his presentation again. I recall asking him questions on it several years ago but they were never answered.
    Personally ive dosed agmatine as high as 2grams per day with no results. Im going to try five next.

    Citrulline malate blows both out of the water imo.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ill have to read his presentation again. I recall asking him questions on it several years ago but they were never answered.
    Personally ive dosed agmatine as high as 2grams per day with no results. Im going to try five next.

    Citrulline malate blows both out of the water imo.
    I personally find 1g agmatine as good as about 7g citmal. How were u dosing it? How are carbs in your diet?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ill have to read his presentation again. I recall asking him questions on it several years ago but they were never answered.
    Personally ive dosed agmatine as high as 2grams per day with no results. Im going to try five next.

    Citrulline malate blows both out of the water imo.
    cit mal + agmatine + norvaline + gms = win.





    oh thats right, HemaVol. If you don't like one ingredient, you'll love the rest lol

  11. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    cit mal + agmatine + norvaline + gms = win.





    oh thats right, HemaVol. If you don't like one ingredient, you'll love the rest lol
    Got a special deal running on HemaVol? :-D

  12. Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    Got a special deal running on HemaVol? :-D
    Nutra had a pretty awesome deal on
    Maximize/hemavol stack. That's my pre workout stack of choice. Works great!!


  13. Agmatine for sure

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    Arginine - worthless
    Agmatine - epic
    Arginine is worthless? very interesting.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Arginine is worthless? very interesting.
    For raising NO, yes.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    For raising NO, yes.
    so arginine does not raise NO? again, very interesting. I guess we have been fooled all these eons of human existence, and arginine never really did all this stuff that scientific research has indicated.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    so arginine does not raise NO? again, very interesting. I guess we have been fooled all these eons of human existence, and arginine never really did all this stuff that scientific research has indicated.
    Arginine surely raises NO, but supplemental arginine does not for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.

  18. Funny how the body works...common sense would tell you take more arginine to raise NO. Take more glutamine increase glutamine in muscle.

    Reminds me of when I hear people who have high cholesterol looking at labels and saying "i cant eat this, is has cholesterol in it". Doesn't work like that

    The body is so unpredictable...and often oversimplified
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Arginine surely raises NO, but supplemental arginine does not for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.
    Might not be efficient, but I think it surely raises NO orally. I've certainly felt some effect from it in that area. Are there other more efficient ways? I'm sure there are, but to say the essential part of NO production is "worthless" sounds kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Have we not been getting arginine, throughout the ages, in our diet? from foods? before supplements.... and it worked just fine. So why oral supplementation is deemed worthless is beyond me.

  20. I agree that oral arginine does feel like it enhances my pump...I dont know if its via vasodilation or not. I dont remember feeling vascular...just more full.

    Maybe it is some indirect mechanism with HGH or something...who knows.
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  21. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I agree that oral arginine does feel like it enhances my pump...I dont know if its via vasodilation or not. I dont remember feeling vascular...just more full.

    Maybe it is some indirect mechanism with HGH or something...who knows.
    It seems to help with erections also does it not? Hell, we take so many supps that raise test or whatever, who knows. But I swear it effects that as well, which would seem to indicate NO production.

  22. As for cholesterol, It's gotta be the genetic's factoring into that more so than diet. I strongly believe that. I can eat lousy, high saturated fats, and have no real negative impact on my cholesterol levels.....yet this guy I know, my parents friend, eats healthy and is skinny as hell and he has horrible cholesterol and artery problems. makes no sense.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Might not be efficient, but I think it surely raises NO orally. I've certainly felt some effect from it in that area. Are there other more efficient ways? I'm sure there are, but to say the essential part of NO production is "worthless" sounds kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Have we not been getting arginine, throughout the ages, in our diet? from foods? before supplements.... and it worked just fine. So why oral supplementation is deemed worthless is beyond me.
    Nothing ridiculous about that statement. I have entirely too many studies in relevant populations with relevant parameters showing that it does not elevate nitric oxide. There is, what, 1 [partially] relevant study in favor of arginine?

    Yes we get arginine in food, diet, etc...that has nothing to do with free form arginine raising NO.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I agree that oral arginine does feel like it enhances my pump...I dont know if its via vasodilation or not. I dont remember feeling vascular...just more full.

    Maybe it is some indirect mechanism with HGH or something...who knows.
    I believe arginine actually attenuates the HGH response to exercise. I will agree that I have noticed increase fullness on some rare occassions, but let's not forget that caffeine in itself is a vasodilator during exercise. Carbs, etc...I'm more willing to side with the studies on this one, since what produces a pump anecdtoally is so variable.

  25. Option 3: Citrulline.
  26. Need some more research on it...


    I have just gone through this topic and read all the comments above. I donít have much knowledge of the 2 arginine & agmatine, so I have to make research for it.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I personally find 1g agmatine as good as about 7g citmal. How were u dosing it? How are carbs in your diet?
    I dosed as high as 2 grams. I do not recall on the carbs as it has been some time. Dinoiii i see is recommending upwards of five grams.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My SNS Agmatine log
    By Hawk in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 02:53 AM
  2. Arginine, Agmatine and L-Arginine AKG
    By Hawk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 02:24 AM
  3. Why no more agmatine?
    By DkGreek in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
  4. Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate or Arginine ethyl ester
    By corsaking in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 05:05 AM
  5. di arginine malate vs. arginine akg
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Log in
Log in