Arginine vs Agmatine

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
In another thread it broke out into this argument a bit. Just curious on what each person thinks between the two. I know Agmatine is the new hot variant of what Arginine turns into. Just curious a bit more on the science of the two. I know some people say that Agmatine helps skip a step and is a direct shot into your system. others say that your body won't process the Agmatine. Just wanting to get AM.com peeps opinions on the two.

Beast Sports

Beast Sports

Awards
Use both of them and see for yourself. Arginine cant even compare to agmatine

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Use both of them and see for yourself. Arginine cant even compare to agmatine
I do use them both, Problem is my BCAA has Arginine added into it, and I take AI Agmatine, so having them both in the stack it's hard to see the difference. I do know when I first started Agmatine I remember how much more pump it felt I got. At that point who knows if it's just placebo though. I was curious in the science behind them.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ill have to read his presentation again. I recall asking him questions on it several years ago but they were never answered.
Personally ive dosed agmatine as high as 2grams per day with no results. Im going to try five next.

Citrulline malate blows both out of the water imo.
I personally find 1g agmatine as good as about 7g citmal. How were u dosing it? How are carbs in your diet?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill have to read his presentation again. I recall asking him questions on it several years ago but they were never answered.
Personally ive dosed agmatine as high as 2grams per day with no results. Im going to try five next.

Citrulline malate blows both out of the water imo.
cit mal + agmatine + norvaline + gms = win.

oh thats right, HemaVol. If you don't like one ingredient, you'll love the rest :D lol

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
cit mal + agmatine + norvaline + gms = win.

oh thats right, HemaVol. If you don't like one ingredient, you'll love the rest :D lol
Got a special deal running on HemaVol? :-D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
so arginine does not raise NO? again, very interesting. I guess we have been fooled all these eons of human existence, and arginine never really did all this stuff that scientific research has indicated.
Arginine surely raises NO, but supplemental arginine does not for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny how the body works...common sense would tell you take more arginine to raise NO. Take more glutamine increase glutamine in muscle.

Reminds me of when I hear people who have high cholesterol looking at labels and saying "i cant eat this, is has cholesterol in it". Doesn't work like that

The body is so unpredictable...and often oversimplified

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Arginine surely raises NO, but supplemental arginine does not for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.
Might not be efficient, but I think it surely raises NO orally. I've certainly felt some effect from it in that area. Are there other more efficient ways? I'm sure there are, but to say the essential part of NO production is "worthless" sounds kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Have we not been getting arginine, throughout the ages, in our diet? from foods? before supplements.... and it worked just fine. So why oral supplementation is deemed worthless is beyond me.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that oral arginine does feel like it enhances my pump...I dont know if its via vasodilation or not. I dont remember feeling vascular...just more full.

Maybe it is some indirect mechanism with HGH or something...who knows.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I agree that oral arginine does feel like it enhances my pump...I dont know if its via vasodilation or not. I dont remember feeling vascular...just more full.

It seems to help with erections also does it not? Hell, we take so many supps that raise test or whatever, who knows. But I swear it effects that as well, which would seem to indicate NO production.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
As for cholesterol, It's gotta be the genetic's factoring into that more so than diet. I strongly believe that. I can eat lousy, high saturated fats, and have no real negative impact on my cholesterol levels.....yet this guy I know, my parents friend, eats healthy and is skinny as hell and he has horrible cholesterol and artery problems. makes no sense.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Might not be efficient, but I think it surely raises NO orally. I've certainly felt some effect from it in that area. Are there other more efficient ways? I'm sure there are, but to say the essential part of NO production is "worthless" sounds kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Have we not been getting arginine, throughout the ages, in our diet? from foods? before supplements.... and it worked just fine. So why oral supplementation is deemed worthless is beyond me.
Nothing ridiculous about that statement. I have entirely too many studies in relevant populations with relevant parameters showing that it does not elevate nitric oxide. There is, what, 1 [partially] relevant study in favor of arginine?

Yes we get arginine in food, diet, etc...that has nothing to do with free form arginine raising NO.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I believe arginine actually attenuates the HGH response to exercise. I will agree that I have noticed increase fullness on some rare occassions, but let's not forget that caffeine in itself is a vasodilator during exercise. Carbs, etc...I'm more willing to side with the studies on this one, since what produces a pump anecdtoally is so variable.

Andreywhites

Awards
Need some more research on it...

I have just gone through this topic and read all the comments above. I don’t have much knowledge of the 2 arginine & agmatine, so I have to make research for it.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally find 1g agmatine as good as about 7g citmal. How were u dosing it? How are carbs in your diet?
I dosed as high as 2 grams. I do not recall on the carbs as it has been some time. Dinoiii i see is recommending upwards of five grams.