Bcaa dosage???

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
How many grams of bcaa should I be taking in the am when I train fasted???

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10g at a time IMO. When I do fasted cardio.. I do,

1 scoop (4g bulk bcaa) immediate upon waking. 2 scoops intra, and 1 scoop immediately post. Thats for a 45 min stationary bike cardio.

Mike

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I "think" at your weight you could get away with 5g. But 10g isn't a bad idea.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
I "think" at your weight you could get away with 5g. But 10g isn't a bad idea.
That is what I've been doing but most people recommend 10g........ So I'm just trying to figure out why everyone says to take 10g. Thanks for the feedback

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the very least I would try to get around 3.2g- 5g worth of leucine. So it would depend on the ratio of BCAA you have. A 2:1:1 would have a different amount of leucine compared to say a 4:1:1 blend.

I like to take BCAAs pre, during and post workout. For this you can use the formula of bodyweight x .2g and this will give you your total BCAA consumption for pre, during & post workout. So for a 200lb man I would mix up 40g of BCAAs and have 1/3 pre, 1/3 intra and 1/3 post.

Also to add, I have had great success with anabolic pump being taken for my fasted training sessions. Good luck!

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
At the very least I would try to get around 3.2g- 5g worth of leucine. So it would depend on the ratio of BCAA you have. A 2:1:1 would have a different amount of leucine compared to say a 4:1:1 blend.

I like to take BCAAs pre, during and post workout. For this you can use the formula of bodyweight x .2g and this will give you your total BCAA consumption for pre, during & post workout. So for a 200lb man I would mix up 40g of BCAAs and have 1/3 pre, 1/3 intra and 1/3 post.

Also to add, I have had great success with anabolic pump being taken for my fasted training sessions. Good luck!
Thanks for the info bro. What's anabolic pump and what does it consist of?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm just trying to figure out why everyone says to take 10g.
Research has shown us that 15g EAAs is what stimulates the maximal skeletal muscle protein synthesis. It is believed that leucine is the amino which is responsible for this stimulatory effect. 15g of EAAs contains around 3.2g of leucine. So the general recommendation of 10g BCAAs ensures you are at least getting those 3.2g of leucine.

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
10-12g's total for every 1 hr of workout time.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I usually stick with something similar to what Mike does. I usually will do 1 scoop pre, intra, and post, and that usually equates to somewhere around 10 total grams of BCAA's. Making sure the Leucine content is between 3.2 and about 5 grams is definitely critical for making sure you stimulate protein synthesis. Also, no real reason to go with an overly "leucine-heavy" formula, your standard 2:1:1 ratio should be ideal

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Is it ok if I just slam 10 g preworkout, then just rely on food for the rest of the day?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree with most hear saying 10g.

if i mis my shake and am training i actually take 20g but thats just me :)

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
x2 ^What that jack'ed mother f'er said
Gonna try taking them intra instead of pre...... Why is this more optimal guys? I can't take them post because I have to eat breakfast and shoot off to work. So black coffee pre workout, 5-10g bcaa intra and high protein meal immediately post. This is what I'm concluding from all of your input guys. Sound good? Thanks for your patience guys!

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Why is it better to consume your bcaa intra as opposed to pre workout?

C

cisco_trooper

Awards
I'm interested in this this as well. I'm currently starting to workout again. I started last week after being off for almost a year due to screwing up my shoulder. Prior to that injury I have only been working out seriously for about 6 months. I want to start working out in the morning instead of in the evening when I get home from work. My current plan is to wakeup, take a pre-workout shake, workout, then take a post-workout shake. For pre-workout I'm currently taking 1.5 to 2 scoops of ACG3, and for post workout I take 2 scoops of AfterGlow. About an hour after the AfterGlow I take a large mass gainer shake. Right now I am using ISO Mass, but I have used a variety including True Mass, and Up Your Mass. After the Mass Gainer I'll be at work and I don't want to eat nothing but shakes so I'll revert back to ordinary food consisting of brown rice, chicken, brocolli, carrots, etc. Also, just so the info is out there (but I don't want to hijack this threat so tell me to pound sand if you want - I won't be offended) I have tried a variety of test boosters in the past and would like to get some thoughts on those as well. I've taken straight DHEA from ***, I've taken TBomb II, I've taken Pink Magic, and I've taken Cellucor C6 (I think). I'm revamping everything since I'm starting fresh and working out at a different time of day.

Last year I went from a measly 150 to 155 up to about 180lbs, but am now back down to 170 with about 19% body fat. I've lost 10 pounds and body fat is up from 16%.

Thoughts? Any blaring deficiencies and suggestions?

Oh, and I'm 33yo, male.

Last edited:
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10g per workout does me good.

C

cisco_trooper

Awards
I just picked up a tub tonight. I used 5g pre-workout. I had After Glow post workout which has a 2:1:1 ratio, then I had a 5g serving with the meal that followed one hour later. It might be placebo effect but I already feel pretty good. I've been excessively sore all week long with my first week back.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
What's everyone's thoughts on dosing BCAA mid afternoon, too replace calories cut? Um trying to create a caloric deficit and mid afternoon consumption is a good place to start.

C

cisco_trooper

Awards
BCAA is best right after workouts, but I can see how it might benefit if you are potentially going short on nutrition to cut. Don't want to starve the muscles and I'm beginning to form the opinion that BCAA are one of the most under-rated supplements out there as I research more and more and feel so darn good after using them. Can anyone not such a noob weight in on this one? I'd like to know how some pros feel about BCAA supplementation throughout the day.

S

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Where did you get this info? Thats about 20g leucine with a 2:1:1 ratio and seems like A LOT for just around workout time.