Beta Alanine and Taurine Interactions Discussed.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Have you read any of the literature on taurine? It absolutely does matter when you take it. In addition to improving ion flux at the plasma membrane (hydration/volumization benefits), it has been demonstrated to increase fat oxidation preworkout in endurance athletes, and it also has been shown to have positive effects on performance. A reasonable dose is 50mg/kg BW. Take it preworkout.

    As far as joints hurting due to BA, take it at 3.2g-4g daily. No need to go up to 6 grams, and also try to space out your doses (studies showing that taking more BA at once spikes urinary excretion disproportionately).

    There is no reasonable explanation for you tauine would calm you down. But yes, the best times to take taurine are pre and intraworkout, with post workout beind the second best choice. Taurine is NOT taken for pumps, as the cell volumization effects are minor at best.
    nope sure havent. I just used it back in the day back in 2005 for cramping or so I thought, I dont know I always thought taurine was good for reducing cramps
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness


  2. Noticed myself, if i take a supp containing ba like jack3d alone, i get the luvly ba itch..which i actually like. If i add green mag pre too, that has taurine, i get no itching from the ba.. Done a few tests, i now use green mag alone preworkout on stimfree days..
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by aTeam
    Thanks Mr.Cooper. How many SNS 501 caps servings should I take a day? 2? I think they are 2.25g, not positive. I'm just about out of Allmax bulk powder so I'm gonna switch to caps soon. Should I stay on orange triad and fish oil forever?
    I love the sns beta alanine. I take two doses. Three caps in tge morning and three caps at night
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I love the sns beta alanine. I take two doses. Three caps in tge morning and three caps at night
    sns caps are good. I prefer nutraplanet brand right now because its powder and cost less. And in the future I think AI Sports is coming out with some
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

  5. Yeah I remember Sebastian going over this back in 2006 when we released IntraXcell. Apparently people still haven't quite caught on after all of his articles.

    Re-clarification is always a good thing though, nice post.
    •   
       


  6. This is a great thread Sourdough. Very informative. I've been using BA and creatine together for the last few months now without cycling because as you've mentioned, research is showing that there may not be a need for it. I take around 3/4 grams of BA and around 4/5 grams of creatine daily and haven't really taking paid attention to Taurine up until now. Just wondering how you'd recommend me implementing taurine into my mix. Would you recommend mixing the three together and would I have to cycle the taurine. I usually take my mix first thing in the morning on non-workout days and then straight after a workout but I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference with timing so I'm not too pushed about that. Again, I don't cycle so do you think I could just take the three together continuously?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Have you read any of the literature on taurine? It absolutely does matter when you take it. In addition to improving ion flux at the plasma membrane (hydration/volumization benefits), it has been demonstrated to increase fat oxidation preworkout in endurance athletes, and it also has been shown to have positive effects on performance. A reasonable dose is 50mg/kg BW. Take it preworkout.

    As far as joints hurting due to BA, take it at 3.2g-4g daily. No need to go up to 6 grams, and also try to space out your doses (studies showing that taking more BA at once spikes urinary excretion disproportionately).

    There is no reasonable explanation for you tauine would calm you down. But yes, the best times to take taurine are pre and intraworkout, with post workout beind the second best choice. Taurine is NOT taken for pumps, as the cell volumization effects are minor at best.
    So for a 170lb individual, roughly 4g a day. You suggesting all 4g pre workout? I've been doing 2g pre workout and splitting the other 2g post workout with meals for the blood glucose effects

  8. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    So for a 170lb individual, roughly 4g a day. You suggesting all 4g pre workout? I've been doing 2g pre workout and splitting the other 2g post workout with meals for the blood glucose effects
    I feel like I've already explained to you why those blood glucose effects aren't timing-specific (twice actually!), so yeah, I think all preworkout is best

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    I feel like I've already explained to you why those blood glucose effects aren't timing-specific (twice actually!), so yeah, I think all preworkout is best
    Are you surreee? I know we hashed over the taurine/BA issue several times. Hah. Idk about the blood glucose effects tho. But good to know, bc lt was becoming a pain taking taurine with me out to meals. Ok this is good. This has been a good news day!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Taurine improves performance more than beta alanine?
    By Fried Cheese in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 10:57 PM
  2. Beta alanine
    By bmw8591 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
  3. Alanine vs Beta-Alanine
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
  4. Beta Alanine and Taurine
    By sportsfan4110 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. Beta-Alanine/Taurine
    By goslamacamel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Log in
Log in