What do you mix your DAA powder with?

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I've got some Nutraplanet DAA that I am starting to use, and I was looking for good suggestions as to what to mix it with.

The directions say to take it "preferably" with the first meal of the day. I don't really eat a meal first thing in the morning, however. I start the day with a cup of coffee. A couple of hours later I then have an apple or banana, and some sort of protein (usually an MP Muscle Gel Shot).

For my first serving of DAA this morning, I mixed it with some cherry, sugar-free Kool-Aid, and it tasted fine. However, drinking a cup of coffee immediately after that did not seem right!

What about mixing the DAA with my coffee? Would there be any reason not to?

What do you guys mix your DAA powder with?

Suggestions?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
First off, why don't you eat in the morning?

But to answer your question, I just throw a scoopful in my mouth and swig some water. It's no worse tane CEE.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why don't you eat in the AM?

I mix mine with just water in a shot glass.. take it like a shot.

Mike

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If i use bulk DAA powder (which is dislike) i toss my dose in to some juice and chug. Bulk powder tastes nasty so i will advise against putting it in to anything you sip on. Just take 1 dose and chug real quick.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I add it to my morning does of 5g bulk BCAAS and 1g LCLT and slam that sh!t like a champ. Of course I add some lemon lite :p

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I add it to my morning does of 5g bulk BCAAS and 1g LCLT and slam that sh!t like a champ. Of course I add some lemon lite :p
At your weight, you need to double that BCAA dose if you want the benefits.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At your weight, you need to double that BCAA dose if you want the benefits.
You think so? I eat like 20 mins after... I guess I'm using a heaping scoop so I'm probable getting more like 7g.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You think so? I eat like 20 mins after... I guess I'm using a heaping scoop so I'm probable getting more like 7g.
4.7g Leucine - 6.8g Leucine (0.045-0.065g Leu/kg BW) is what is demonstrated to maximize MPS. You need to spike leucine levels (the other BCAAs generally aid with uptake, though they have other benefits).

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
If i use bulk DAA powder (which is dislike) i toss my dose in to some juice and chug. Bulk powder tastes nasty so i will advise against putting it in to anything you sip on. Just take 1 dose and chug real quick.
It really doesn't taste that bad -- just tangy. I usually have it with a scoop of chocolate whey protein -- it's do-able. If you want to taste something REALLY bad, try straight up sulbutiamine powder.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It really doesn't taste that bad -- just tangy. I usually have it with a scoop of chocolate whey protein -- it's do-able. If you want to taste something REALLY bad, try straight up sulbutiamine powder.
Have you have pramiracetam? Worst sudden taste ever.
And aniracetam? Damn lipophilicity...sticks to my mouth FOREVER. The lingering taste of death :D

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Have you have pramiracetam? Worst sudden taste ever.
And aniracetam? Damn lipophilicity...sticks to my mouth FOREVER. The lingering taste of death :D
Man, I have not had those -- maybe I will have to try just to say I've done it. Sulbutiamine definitely has that lingering taste going on. Depending on what I've tried to mix it with, it's all I can do not to puke while drinking it -- some mixers just amplify the horrible taste.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
First off, why don't you eat in the morning?
Lack of time, I guess. I do eat breakfast on the weekend, but things are very rushed M-F.

Mrs. DGA3 and I both teach high school and have to be there early, plus we have to wake up our two teenagers and make sure they are ready to leave for school after we do.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
4.7g Leucine - 6.8g Leucine (0.045-0.065g Leu/kg BW) is what is demonstrated to maximize MPS. You need to spike leucine levels (the other BCAAs generally aid with uptake, though they have other benefits).
The newest craze is the "8-1-1" ratio, with leucine being the 8, so they are ultra heavy on the Leucine. But i agree, I like to take around 20 grams post workout of BCAA. Better to take too much than too little, and they won't hurt you. My formula I am using now has 3.5 gram L-leucine and 3.5 grams Leucine peptide along with 500 mg each of valine and isoleucine per scoop. 2 or 3 scoops and you're good.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Powdered DAA tastes horrible and will overpower anything you mix it with. Like others have mentioned, I just toss it in my mouth and quickly chug some water.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I add it to my preworkout powder masks the taste.. juice if you drink grape or orange juice works.. Or I sometimes just man up and drink it with water. I have drank much worse tasting powders before...CEE comes to mind when I tried that years back...bleh.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Sulb is the worst thing ive ever tasted. And then it stays behind in your mouth. Piracetam tastes like sugar water compared to it (at least to me). Phenibut is also pretty bad.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Powdered DAA tastes horrible and will overpower anything you mix it with.
+1

I tried putting it in my morning coffee . . . . .

YECH!

Bitter and sour - ruined it completely.

Threw out the coffee and mixed the DAA with my sugar-free Kool Aid. Much better.

Made a new cup of coffee and all was right again. :veryhappy:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just mixed my DAA with 2 scoops lemon recover pro and LCLT. I think the DAA an LCLT gave an extra sweet kick to the lemon recover pro... But then again I don't think DaA tastes bad...

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just shoot it down with a very small amount of water. It is done and over in seconds.

chr_edw

Awards
I can't taste it in OJ since it is tangy anyway. Tried it in coffee, but since I drink it black it was horrible. 3-4 times a week I do fasted cardio in the mornings and mix it with hemo-rage and BCAA powder. I'm currently laying off the daa after reading the side affects thread. It does seem to negatively affect my mental state.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
For sure. Protein... who needs it? RIGHT? AM I RIGHT????
Bcaas to an extent are ridiculous.... If you are fasting,not eating enough or cant have atleast 20 grams of carbs with your meals or any carbs with your meals ,then yes bcaas are essential. If you cant get a carb in wirh your post workout meal,then i would advise bcaas..And being I train ALL NATURAL i have never once had to use them ,eat my meals and eat often and always made gains,ALWAYS. Thats without uaing bcaas,ever.

So yeah bcaas imo are a supplement i wouldnt buy unless i was in a few situations like i listed above..Ive used bcaas maybe 3 times,waste of my money!

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I mix my DAA in some Diet Mountain Dew and throw it back first thing in the morning. The lemon/lime masks the DAA taste pretty well.

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
Bcaas to an extent are ridiculous.... If you are fasting,not eating enough or cant have atleast 20 grams of carbs with your meals or any carbs with your meals ,then yes bcaas are essential. If you cant get a carb in wirh your post workout meal,then i would advise bcaas..And being I train ALL NATURAL i have never once had to use them ,eat my meals and eat often and always made gains,ALWAYS. Thats without uaing bcaas,ever.

So yeah bcaas imo are a supplement i wouldnt buy unless i was in a few situations like i listed above..Ive used bcaas maybe 3 times,waste of my money!
I second this. Rhadam I'm surprised, as knowledeable as you are, you still give credence to BCAA's lol ....I'm not hating I just hate to see people giving credit to BCAA powder when it's their diet/training doing the work not their wasted $$ they spent on powder.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second this. Rhadam I'm surprised, as knowledeable as you are, you still give credence to BCAA's lol ....I'm not hating I just hate to see people giving credit to BCAA powder when it's their diet/training doing the work not their wasted $$ they spent on powder.
What have you ever seen me say about BCAAs? Probably nothing. My remark was a jackass comment, and simply for humor.

On a certain other forum, i spend much of my time preaching about BCAA supplementation being worthless to most bodybuilders. There are very few situations in which i will actually recommend purchasing a BCAA supplement. Fasted cardio while in a caloric deficit, hypocaloric diet, multiple training sessions per day, and endurance training; that's basically it.

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
What have you ever seen me say about BCAAs? Probably nothing. My remark was a jackass comment, and simply for humor.

On a certain other forum, i spend much of my time preaching about BCAA supplementation being worthless to most bodybuilders. There are very few situations in which i will actually recommend purchasing a BCAA supplement. Fasted cardio while in a caloric deficit, hypocaloric diet, multiple training sessions per day, and endurance training; that's basically it.

:28: well my bad.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix mine into my preworkout... but Formula-X tastes good enough on its own that I don't mix it with anything on my off days!

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Water. Coffee plus a bad tasting DAA powder sounds bad. Also, DAA is osmotically active.. Combining that with caffeine may not be so bueno.

Red9

Red9

Awards
The newest craze is the "8-1-1" ratio, with leucine being the 8, so they are ultra heavy on the Leucine. But i agree, I like to take around 20 grams post workout of BCAA. Better to take too much than too little, and they won't hurt you. My formula I am using now has 3.5 gram L-leucine and 3.5 grams Leucine peptide along with 500 mg each of valine and isoleucine per scoop. 2 or 3 scoops and you're good.
That my friend sounds like some good ol' Monster Amino :D I'm lovin it, on my second tub and plan on continuing

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will try Formula X down tje road..Hear alot of good things
I think you'll be pleased and pleasantly surprised by the flavor. Airborne is currently using it in his PCT log and described it as "Country Time Pink Lemonade" which is spot on :)

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
I think you'll be pleased and pleasantly surprised by the flavor. Airborne is currently using it in his PCT log and described it as "Country Time Pink Lemonade" which is spot on :)

BLASPHEMY! Nothing can match CTPL :nono:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Water, Test Powder taste great in water. :D

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Livelong Nutrition makes a VERY good flavoring for about $10
I like the caps....I don't have to taste the awful powder.