Looking for opinions on Gaspari's new "probiotic" Myofusion . . .

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
First of all, how was the "old" Myofusion as a protein powder? Did it mix well? What about the taste. How would you rate it overall?

Now, what do you think about making it probiotic? Is this a gimmick, or will it really help? What difference could it make?

Opinions?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a gimmic, probiotics are great. Myofusion 1.0 was a great protein in my opinion, despite the fact that we don't know the whey/casein ratio. Mixability was great, taste was good. Probiotic version i've heard still tastes pretty decent, as well as the added benefits. If you find it at a good price for your budget i'd recommend trying it out.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great - thanks!

Keep 'em coming, folks.

More opinions, please! :box:

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Wasn't a huge fan of the original, but I have heard the flavor improvements are pretty great. I am excited to try Cinnamon Roll, that's my favorite flavor. The probiotics are nice, but I don't really view this as a 2-in-1 supplement, more of a protein powder. I think the inclusion of the probiotic is to catch the eye of people looking to consolidate products from a few categories.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't a huge fan of the original, but I have heard the flavor improvements are pretty great. I am excited to try Cinnamon Roll, that's my favorite flavor. The probiotics are nice, but I don't really view this as a 2-in-1 supplement, more of a protein powder. I think the inclusion of the probiotic is to catch the eye of people looking to consolidate products from a few categories.
Agreed. If you're taking something like Gut Health, it wouldn't be wise to stop using that and only use the new Myofusion. But for those who have never taken a probiotic, it's a nice step in that direction.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I've used the original and I love it. It mixes up nice and thick like a shake should be. Cookies and Cream is my favorite.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoyed Gaspari's Intrapro, i saw this come out the other day. I'll probably give it a shot. But like the others said its more or less just to catch peoples eye i imagine than being a real full out probiotic.

KingV83

Awards
I got a tub of the chocolate milkshake.

Compared to original myofusion:

1. Taste is good, but not as good as original.. The taste is like choc milk w/ too much milk.

2. Holy thickness.. Had to mix with over 12 oz of water rather then 8 with original myo

3. Casein texture is def present more I'm this myo.

Hope this helps

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I got a tub of the chocolate milkshake.

Compared to original myofusion:

1. Taste is good, but not as good as original.. The taste is like choc milk w/ too much milk.

2. Holy thickness.. Had to mix with over 12 oz of water rather then 8 with original myo

3. Casein texture is def present more I'm this myo.

Hope this helps
It does help - thanks.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ultimate Muscle Protein for texture and taste beats Gasparis Myofusion hands down. Ive tried both and myofusion is good, but ump is just amazing in those 2 catagories. The addition of probiotics is cool if your not eating yogurt regularly, but im not sure how much of a difference it makes when it comes to absorption and utilization.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Ultimate Muscle Protein for texture and taste beats Gasparis Myofusion hands down. Ive tried both and myofusion is good, but ump is just amazing in those 2 catagories. The addition of probiotics is cool if your not eating yogurt regularly, but im not sure how much of a difference it makes when it comes to absorption and utilization.
That's the Beverly International stuff, right?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I fear this may be gimmicky, I don't know how the colonizing units will hold up in the gut without some protection especially right after you load up on a dense protein shake, gastric acid will be goin at it. It is a nice idea though definitely and if it turns out to work then sweet deal but I'd rather pay the price for just my protein honestly. Most Myofusion flavors are delicious