supplements for bjj?

K

kelpjuice

Awards
Hi guys, i'm new here and I'm currently doing bjj as my only source of workout, I was wondering what would be some good supplements that would benefit this, or does it not matter? Also, the only supplements I take are Nootropics.

J19891

J19891

Awards
I train bjj as well. You say nootropics, are you taking piracetam?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out HemaVol

1 scoop 20-30 mins prior to practice/exercise gives intense endurance increases.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say daily Beta Alanine, citrulline malate before your training sessions, tyrosine, ALCAR, and a great vitamin complex with good B forms.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creationol phosphate

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I'll second what Rhadam said regarding the multi-vitamin... something like Orange Triad that has a great vitamin complex PLUS the added joint support which is why many people go with OT... I would think joint support would be critical in BJJ. I hear when someone armbars someone who is using OT, they take twice as long to tap

Southland

Southland

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cissus...Osteo Sport from AN is a solid joint support formula

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I got a buddy who works at my gym whos a blue belt. Ill ask him. Great sport by the way.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta Alanine
BCAA
Electrolytes (these are really important during the summer with gi training)
Citrulline Malate

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beta Alanine
BCAA
Citrulline Malate
this is the man to listen to right here.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
avoid anything that is a "pump" product, i have found with proper grip fighting that my forearms become too "pumped" and become a hindrance

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Beta Alanine
BCAA
Citrulline Malate
Just wanted to say that Relson logo is the shizzz

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SuperCissus
Formula-X
Xtend
Beta-Alanine
Creatinol-O-Phosphate
Pre-workouts(such as Jack3d, presurge unleashed, FocusXt)
Ultra-Cordygen

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
Ultra-Cordygen is a good idea, will second the BA, cit mal, i found controlled labs purple wraath during water breaks to make me feel better and recover during sparring. and make sure you get a good carb/protein drink for after training.

i wouldn't do pre workouts, i've tried a few, and everyone made me feel like my heart was going to explode during sparring.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Drive and Blue Gene might make a killer stack for the BJJ

K

kelpjuice

Awards
thanks guys, gonna look into it, as for nootropics, currently im taking piracetam, gaba, bacopa, choline, 5htp, dopa mucuna, vipocetine, and huperzine a

K

kelpjuice

Awards
avoid anything that is a "pump" product, i have found with proper grip fighting that my forearms become too "pumped" and become a hindrance
haha definitely, although i've used jack3d before with no problems.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beta Alanine
BCAA
Citrulline Malate
Second all those, and when i was training for Muay Thai i noticed a difference in recovery with some LCLT.

cjszip

cjszip

Awards
I personally use; orange triad, bcaa during training, 6 grams of fish oil (absolutely essential!) and some whey here and there, some fiber and digestive enzymes for good general health. I also take additional calcium and magnesium because I've found them to eliminate cramping on weeks that I train 5-6 times or more. Supplement mostly for health. The bcaa is really the only true "performance supplement" I've found that works well enough to allow me to train more frequently without feeling too run down. Anything else for me is just a bonus.

Stick to what other jits practitioners recommend. Your gym/school is a good place to ask this. With the magnitude of responses you'll get here (verses a jits forum) you will find yourself trying everything and finding what works yourself (no offense to those who practice bjj primarily; this is more geared to the recommendation of those extrapolating what might work for us, based on what works for them. Two very different and unique physical goals.)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Drive would be one I would recommend because it has great effects on endurance and strength and will help you recomp nicely.