affects of postworkout anitoxidants on injuries

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Id like to start by saying that at least for now, Im big enough. I have a few joint tendon injuries that have been sticking around for a while, and I whant to get those better before I try to add any knew muscle. Im wondering what the affects of antioxidants post workout will have on them? I think I heard somewhrethat you whant free radicals to eat some of the damaged tissue, but dose it even work like that?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I find this subject interesting but don't know enough to comment one way or another. I'd like to keep track of the thread though and maybe learn a bit.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Id like to start by saying that at least for now, Im big enough. I have a few joint tendon injuries that have been sticking around for a while, and I whant to get those better before I try to add any knew muscle. Im wondering what the affects of antioxidants post workout will have on them? I think I heard somewhrethat you whant free radicals to eat some of the damaged tissue, but dose it even work like that?
Dosing antioxidants at a high level periworkout is probably the worst time to use them. But no, antioxidants would not aid tendon injuries to any appreciable degree. Physical therapy and cissus are what i recommend.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Dosing antioxidants at a high level periworkout is probably the worst time to use them. But no, antioxidants would not aid tendon injuries to any appreciable degree. Physical therapy and cissus are what i recommend.
Why is it the worst time i would have thought the opposite?

What dose of Cissus are you using? I have Nutraplanets brand and playing with dosages at the moment as well as a MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroiton combo and of course Fish Oil.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why is it the worst time i would have thought the opposite?

What dose of Cissus are you using? I have Nutraplanets brand and playing with dosages at the moment as well as a MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroiton combo and of course Fish Oil.
COX-2 inhibitors will hamper muscle growth.

I've only used Primaforce Cissus, does the trick for my tendinitis.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Orange TRIad has a heft dose of MSM, Chondroiton, Glucosamine as well as Antioxidants in a Multivitamin product. Worth looking into, a great product that helped my injuries significantly.

I agree with the above posters, save the antioxidants for another time other than post workout. Your bodys also liable to use them as fuel to replenish the workout.