BCAAs

lboston

lboston

Awards
Anyone have any suggestions for cost effective BCAA supplements?

Also-any recs on dosage. It seems that if you go strictly by the recs for dosage on many of the supps, then you'd be spending quite a bit a month for BCAAs.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established

Also-any recs on dosage. It seems that if you go strictly by the recs for dosage on many of the supps, then you'd be spending quite a bit a month for BCAAs.
You need 3.2 grams of Leucine to increase protein synthesis according to recent studies. That would be your minimal starting point. What are you looking to get out of it? Is it intra-workout?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

RecoverPro from AI will be your best bet in my opinion. I'm hooked on the stuff.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
You need 3.2 grams of Leucine to increase protein synthesis according to recent studies. That would be your minimal starting point. What are you looking to get out of it? Is it intra-workout?
Plus 20g of carbs or so if that's all you're consuming.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Either intra or pre. I am interested due to the benefits for protein synthesis... Any product recs?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Either intra or pre. I am interested due to the benefits for protein synthesis... Any product recs?
AI RecoverPro or Scivation Xtend are fine, 10G BCAAs prior to training should sufficiently elevate MPS.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What Dodge said, 10g will be fine for elevating MPS. If you're using the Scivation protocol you'll be going through tubs pretty quickly. Xtend v1 can be found very cheaply at the moment, or go with the aforementioned RecoverPro which is VERY cost effective.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recover pro is cheap. But it doesn't mix well and also doesn't taste as good as scivation IMO. I'd get the cheap scivation and add some cheap bulk bcaas. Though you'd get the solubility issue, if you want 10gs pre intra and post this is most likely what I would do. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
avoid unflavored BCAAs, taste is terrible and hard to mask

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
Another good option would be Formula-X to included some DAA.
Screenshot_1.png

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
not really. put it in iced tea, crystal light, in your pre workout...actually its very easy.
I've added crystal light to them, but it would not mask the taste. Maybe I need to add much more water. I have 1lb of unflavored BCAAs, but switched to Extend due to the taste. I will try extra water.

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
Formula-X has the BCAAs in it so you don't need to take another supplement. I take both Formula-X and RPG every day. Yeah I'm taking a lot of BCAAs but I love the taste of both. They helped my kick my soda habit and actually saved me money.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so why not any other supplement? Creatine, Beta Alanine..etc. why BCAA and DAA? it just doesn't make sense to me. 5g BCAA is low dose so if you're looking for BCAA chances are you will get another BCAA product as well.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SAN BCAA 5000.

It can be found for buy 2 get 1 free right now.

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
I'm not sure why BCAAs. I look at it this way. Buy DAA get free BCAAs.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I throw 1 scoops of iBCAA (PP) and 2.5g of creapure into 2 scoops of Lit Up in 16 oz water for my pre workout. cant taste the BCAA at all.

at night, i mix one scoop of iBCAA into Maximum Absorbed Protein and cant notice the BCAA taste.

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
SAN BCAA-PRO 5000 is on sale right now on another site buy 2 get 1 free.

ingredient panel:
690 Grams Fruit Punch
Serving Size6.9Gram(1scoop)
Servings Per Container100
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) 2mg 67%
L-Leucine 2500mg †
L-Isoleucine 1250mg †
L-Valine 1250mg †
Beta Alanine 750mg †
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, L-Aspartamine, Acesulfame-K

100 scoops per container, so around 80 bucks gets you 300 scoops :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Formula-X has the BCAAs in it so you don't need to take another supplement. I take both Formula-X and RPG every day. Yeah I'm taking a lot of BCAAs but I love the taste of both. They helped my kick my soda habit and actually saved me money.
False. The amount of BCAAs in Formula X per serving will only stimulate MPS for people who weigh about 145 lbs or less. You will probably need an extra gram of leucine on top of Formula X.

EDIT: Does Formula X have 3g Leucine per serving or 4g? NP says 3, but that's not even 8:1:1...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I throw 1 scoops of iBCAA (PP) and 2.5g of creapure into 2 scoops of Lit Up in 16 oz water for my pre workout. cant taste the BCAA at all.

at night, i mix one scoop of iBCAA into Maximum Absorbed Protein and cant notice the BCAA taste.
There is pretty much no point to adding BCAAs to protein unless you're worried about the refractory response.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
There's free samples of Purple WRAATH if anyone is interested here

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
False. The amount of BCAAs in Formula X per serving will only stimulate MPS for people who weigh about 145 lbs or less. You will probably need an extra gram of leucine on top of Formula X.

EDIT: Does Formula X have 3g Leucine per serving or 4g? NP says 3, but that's not even 8:1:1...
Off the Athletix website:

(per serving, 30 day supply)
3000mg D-Aspartic Acid
2000mg L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate
700mg N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NAT)
5000mg 8:1:1 BCAA's
4000mg L-Leucine
500mg L-Isoleucine
500mg L-Valine

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards