PostWorkout and feeling Hypo...??

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys.....Lately I've noticed that about 2hrs after my PostWorkout Shake I start feelin HypoGlycemic.......Dizziness, Sweating, Shaking, etc.

I always try to consume a solid Protein/Carb meal approx 1.5hrs after my PostWorkout shake, but sometimes I'm with a client and lose track of time......Just looking for someone to elaborate on this and give a little insight.

Right now I'm only consuming Carbs on my 5 training days....My 2 off days have minimal Carbs.
Here is a typical Carb day.....
Meal 1: Approx 60g Carbs - WWPasta + Banana
Meal 2: Approx 20g Carbs - 2% Milk (1-1.5hr PreWorkout)
Meal 3: Approx 70g Carbs - 20gDextro/20gMaltoBlend + Banana (Immediate PostWorkout)
Meal 4: Approx 40g Carbs - BrownRice + BlackBeans

With my PostWorkout Shake I also take........
200mg RALA
200mcg Chromium PolyNicotinate
1000mg Cinnamon
10mg Vanadyl Sulfate

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
200mg RALA
1000mg Cinnamon
10mg Vanadyl Sulfate

Might be your issue. You may be shuttling to many sugars to your muscles immediately post workout, creating a shock state in your blood stream of very little glucose to be available to the brain. Either increase your carbs, or decrease those supplements.

Mike

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
200mg RALA
1000mg Cinnamon
10mg Vanadyl Sulfate

Might be your issue. You may be shuttling to many sugars to your muscles immediately post workout, creating a shock state in your blood stream of very little glucose to be available to the brain. Either increase your carbs, or decrease those supplements.

Mike
This^^ I wouldn't even recommend GDAs post lift to be honest. Adiponectin should be really high and like 30-40g of carbs should be enough to get insulin going post lift. GDAs are more beneficial with a pre meal or a heavy carb meal.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Being that PostWorkout is 20gDextrose + 20gMalotdextrin + 1Banana (70ish Grams Carbs) wouldn't you say thats somewhat on the "heavy" side as a carb meal??
I've been thinking of moving the Cinnamon to my PreWorkout regimen, and dropping the Vanadyl and Chromium Post.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I have atleast 100 g malto with 45 g whey after a workout...I used to do 70 g malto and I felt hypo even after that

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Might be your issue. You may be shuttling to many sugars to your muscles immediately post workout, creating a shock state in your blood stream of very little glucose to be available to the brain. Either increase your carbs, or decrease those supplements.Mike
Agreed. I know this happening all too well. I also am mildly hypoglycemic. Very shakey, anxious, heavy breathing, cant think right, pale...

I agree on the overdoing it on sugar, yeah you need it postworkout but it might be too much on the system and your causing an overreaction. You dont need the GDA's as your body's already in that state of insulin sensitivity but keep it light if you chose to keep em.

You can't expect the body to just adjust to normal blood sugar immediately upon intake - homeostasis takes time. The blood brain barrier needs to maintain a ratio [brain] = 60-70%[blood]

suga18567

Awards
200mg RALA
1000mg Cinnamon
10mg Vanadyl Sulfate

Mike
The information is very interesting. It is new knowledge for me.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
If normally he doesn't consume carbs/sugars what he feels it might be just the insulin spike.
And btw, you don't *need* carbs post workout.
There are studies showing how even swishing some sugars around in your mouth (yes without swallowing)
it elicits insulin spike, so go figure..

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
All food ellicit some insulin response. Protein will still cause a hormone release. Obviously protein and carbs will stimulate a higher response. What about something like blueberries or honey?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I don't do carbs immediately post. If anything a whey shake then a protein/carb meal later on. A huge insulin spike isnt necessary. I don't know about being detrimental but the "Nutrient Timing" concept is lightly noted. Post workout nutrition is for replenishing vitamins, minerals, and aminos lost during the onslaught. Growth happens during the other 22 hours if the day. I'll have my carbs then.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Stop the carbs post workout. Stop the madness. Carbs post workout are detrimental.
this, if speaking of carbs supps. (dextrose, maltodextrin, powdered oats)
If you can, have a meal. If you can't, have some whey.

I would also take more carbs with your preW meal and less with the postW.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
this, if speaking of carbs supps. (dextrose, maltodextrin, powdered oats)
If you can, have a meal. If you can't, have some whey.

I would also take more carbs with your preW meal and less with the postW.
All support to the whole foods post workout. I'd rep you if I had a computer. I've found that, in my experience, excessive hunger and caloric intake post workout comes from inadequate nutrition prior to.

JayV

Banned
Awards
OP, Have you had a fasted glucose or an HBA1C taken lately?
You do NOT need more garbage simple sugars post work out to spike insulin. You are stressing your pancreas and asking for problems in the future.
Look up reactive hypoglycemia.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Its the supplementation post workout. You're already insulin sensitive post workout no need for GDA's. Ill repeat this again. Its the post workout supplementation. Stop taking those post workout and symptoms will stop