Can't get AI Recover Pro to mix well.... - AnabolicMinds.com

Can't get AI Recover Pro to mix well....

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Can't get AI Recover Pro to mix well....

Just got two 125 serving tubs of Lemon flavored Recover-Pro. I like it, but I can't get it to mix whatsoever. There are always crystals and then these things that turn brown and look kind of gross.

I've tried everything from a blender, to bottles, to a pitcher, to using more/less water. What am I missing here? I don't like drinking crystals.

Would love some help here guys

2. Senior Member

put in freezer for 20 min or so, thatll help. shake it first get it mixed well, let sit in freezer, should be good to go.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    put in freezer for 20 min or so, thatll help. shake it first get it mixed well, let sit in freezer, should be good to go.
    I'll try that now but I don't always have 25 minutes to mix it and then put it in the freezer :/
    •   

4. Senior Member

pre mix some night before. and throw in fridge overnight then.
  5. Senior Member

Mix it with warm water and then add ice. If the water is cold it will have a hard time going into solution.
  6. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Add some citrulline malate to the mixture, let sit for a minute and viola.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Add some citrulline malate to the mixture, let sit for a minute and viola.
    Why would this help? It aids ffAA utilization, not mixability.

OP what you're describing is normal for leucine, but there should NOT be brown specks.
  8. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Why would this help? It aids ffAA utilization, not mixability.
    Really? Cause a lemon also works. Gotta make a proper solvent to get a solution, changing the pH does that.

9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Really? Cause a lemon also works. Gotta make a proper solvent to get a solution, changing the pH does that.
    Indeed, but what is the optimal pH for BCAA solubility? Would adding Citrulline Malate or some lemon juice be enough to change the pH that drastically in a large shaker cup or even gallon? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious and will probably give this a shot.
  10. Official Genomyx Wizard

Indeed, but what is the optimal pH for BCAA solubility? Would adding Citrulline Malate or some lemon juice be enough to change the pH that drastically in a large shaker cup or even gallon? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious and will probably give this a shot.
    I would as well, how does the new Xtend mix? Considering it has CM right? The simplest solution would be to leave it over night and let the leucine dissolve. No idea what the brown specs are OP but that doesn't sound right. Are the brown specs in the powder as well?

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've never had any problem mixing RecoverPro, mine is light and fluffy and mixed perfectly with nothing floating around or discolored. My advice is to send it back to wherever you got it and get a new tub.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  12. Official Genomyx Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    I've never had any problem mixing RecoverPro, mine is light and fluffy and mixed perfectly with nothing floating around or discolored. My advice is to send it back to wherever you got it and get a new tub.
    LG rep, you know nothing.

13. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

In general, reducing the pH below 5 should be enough to influence protonation for BCAA's. Ideally, if your into ideals, you would want it at around 2 or so(which means mixing it with rc cola or cherry coke would be excellent). Regardless, 3gr of CM added to a standard shaker cup does the trick. I've never actually checked the solution's pH level to determine at exactly what level it sits at. If you have some pH dipping sticks please feel free to try it out and let us know.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Unusual solutions. I think I'm going to go with the fridge overnight. I've had other brands of BCAA's (syntha 6) that mixed beyond perfectly just swirling it for 20 seconds...nothing complicated.

This is frustrating but if I can make a big pitcher of it and it no go bad or deteriorate, I'll try to make it work and just use syntha 6 for on the go.
  15. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mxer657 View Post
    Unusual solutions. I think I'm going to go with the fridge overnight. I've had other brands of BCAA's (syntha 6) that mixed beyond perfectly just swirling it for 20 seconds...nothing complicated.

This is frustrating but if I can make a big pitcher of it and it no go bad or deteriorate, I'll try to make it work and just use syntha 6 for on the go.
    Syntha6 is protein powder, not free-form aminos. Using my method of slightly warm water in a blender bottle seems to do the trick for my RecoverPro. If you are really concerned look for an amino acid blend that uses instantized aminos as it's source.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I meant BSN Amino X. I confuse syntha-6 with the actual brand, BSN. My fault.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

I don't understand why we're contemplating using these exotic methods of mixing. It shouldn't be like that i guarantee it. Send it back lol. It's not going to kill you to go a few days without BCAAs. Drink or eat more protein.
  18. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mxer657 View Post
    Not unusual, just throw some CM into the mix to help out. Should stack well together.
    I don't understand why we're contemplating using these exotic methods of mixing. It shouldn't be like that i guarantee it. Send it back lol. It's not going to kill you to go a few days without BCAAs. Drink or eat more protein.
    Not sure what you are saying here. Standard BCAA's should always do this, unless the product contains an emulsifier as part of the ingredients or has been mechanically altered. It's nature.

19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

I have taken 3 bcaa products including the product in question, i've NEVER had an issue with mixability.
  20. Official Genomyx Wizard

I have taken 3 bcaa products including the product in question, i've NEVER had an issue with mixability.
    Leucine flakes are a pretty standard result from BCAAs, they should be like white specks in a foam at the surface.

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've always had the problem with mixing RecoverPro. I read somewhere it was because the Leucine isn't instantized. Either way it is annoying and I don't like having to do more than throw it into my cold water and drinking it. I can mix it up and sip on it for an hour at work and I still always have plenty of big white dots in the bottom waiting to piss me off. It's great other than that, but I will probably not buy anymore for that reason after I am done with the 6 bottles I bought lol.
  22. Official Genomyx Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I've always had the problem with mixing RecoverPro. I read somewhere it was because the Leucine isn't instantized. Either way it is annoying and I don't like having to do more than throw it into my cold water and drinking it. I can mix it up and sip on it for an hour at work and I still always have plenty of big white dots in the bottom waiting to piss me off. It's great other than that, but I will probably not buy anymore for that reason after I am done with the 6 bottles I bought lol.
    It's simply the nature of the beast, mix your BCAAs the night before, place them in the fridge and enjoy them fully dissolved in the morning.

23. Senior Member

i get bulk leucine from NP and it mixes fine if i shake it a bunch and let settle,

AI has the flavoring system which may cause a little extra foam and making it harder to settle... note crystle light bubbling a little at first theng settlin
  24. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    It's simply the nature of the beast, mix your BCAAs the night before, place them in the fridge and enjoy them fully dissolved in the morning.
    Plus it gives you a nice, cool refreshing drink.

25. Team Anabolic

Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Man with a plan right here.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Kinda dissapointed also i bought a tub of the raspberry and have the leucine flake problem is there even a benefit of it not being instantized? Really makes me wanna stick with xtend
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recover
    By TeamT10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM
  2. I can't recover :(
    By freakboy in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 05:58 PM