Can't get AI Recover Pro to mix well....

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
Just got two 125 serving tubs of Lemon flavored Recover-Pro. I like it, but I can't get it to mix whatsoever. There are always crystals and then these things that turn brown and look kind of gross.

I've tried everything from a blender, to bottles, to a pitcher, to using more/less water. What am I missing here? I don't like drinking crystals.

Would love some help here guys

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
put in freezer for 20 min or so, thatll help. shake it first get it mixed well, let sit in freezer, should be good to go.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
put in freezer for 20 min or so, thatll help. shake it first get it mixed well, let sit in freezer, should be good to go.
I'll try that now but I don't always have 25 minutes to mix it and then put it in the freezer :/

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
pre mix some night before. and throw in fridge overnight then.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Mix it with warm water and then add ice. If the water is cold it will have a hard time going into solution.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add some citrulline malate to the mixture, let sit for a minute and viola.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Add some citrulline malate to the mixture, let sit for a minute and viola.
Why would this help? It aids ffAA utilization, not mixability.

OP what you're describing is normal for leucine, but there should NOT be brown specks.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would this help? It aids ffAA utilization, not mixability.
Really? Cause a lemon also works. Gotta make a proper solvent to get a solution, changing the pH does that.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Really? Cause a lemon also works. Gotta make a proper solvent to get a solution, changing the pH does that.
Indeed, but what is the optimal pH for BCAA solubility? Would adding Citrulline Malate or some lemon juice be enough to change the pH that drastically in a large shaker cup or even gallon? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious and will probably give this a shot.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Indeed, but what is the optimal pH for BCAA solubility? Would adding Citrulline Malate or some lemon juice be enough to change the pH that drastically in a large shaker cup or even gallon? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious and will probably give this a shot.
I would as well, how does the new Xtend mix? Considering it has CM right? The simplest solution would be to leave it over night and let the leucine dissolve. No idea what the brown specs are OP but that doesn't sound right. Are the brown specs in the powder as well?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had any problem mixing RecoverPro, mine is light and fluffy and mixed perfectly with nothing floating around or discolored. My advice is to send it back to wherever you got it and get a new tub.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I've never had any problem mixing RecoverPro, mine is light and fluffy and mixed perfectly with nothing floating around or discolored. My advice is to send it back to wherever you got it and get a new tub.
LG rep, you know nothing.

;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In general, reducing the pH below 5 should be enough to influence protonation for BCAA's. Ideally, if your into ideals, you would want it at around 2 or so(which means mixing it with rc cola or cherry coke would be excellent). Regardless, 3gr of CM added to a standard shaker cup does the trick. I've never actually checked the solution's pH level to determine at exactly what level it sits at. If you have some pH dipping sticks please feel free to try it out and let us know.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
Unusual solutions. I think I'm going to go with the fridge overnight. I've had other brands of BCAA's (syntha 6) that mixed beyond perfectly just swirling it for 20 seconds...nothing complicated.

This is frustrating but if I can make a big pitcher of it and it no go bad or deteriorate, I'll try to make it work and just use syntha 6 for on the go.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Unusual solutions. I think I'm going to go with the fridge overnight. I've had other brands of BCAA's (syntha 6) that mixed beyond perfectly just swirling it for 20 seconds...nothing complicated.

This is frustrating but if I can make a big pitcher of it and it no go bad or deteriorate, I'll try to make it work and just use syntha 6 for on the go.
Syntha6 is protein powder, not free-form aminos. Using my method of slightly warm water in a blender bottle seems to do the trick for my RecoverPro. If you are really concerned look for an amino acid blend that uses instantized aminos as it's source.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
I meant BSN Amino X. I confuse syntha-6 with the actual brand, BSN. My fault.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't understand why we're contemplating using these exotic methods of mixing. It shouldn't be like that i guarantee it. Send it back lol. It's not going to kill you to go a few days without BCAAs. Drink or eat more protein.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not unusual, just throw some CM into the mix to help out. Should stack well together.
I don't understand why we're contemplating using these exotic methods of mixing. It shouldn't be like that i guarantee it. Send it back lol. It's not going to kill you to go a few days without BCAAs. Drink or eat more protein.
Not sure what you are saying here. Standard BCAA's should always do this, unless the product contains an emulsifier as part of the ingredients or has been mechanically altered. It's nature.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have taken 3 bcaa products including the product in question, i've NEVER had an issue with mixability.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I have taken 3 bcaa products including the product in question, i've NEVER had an issue with mixability.
Leucine flakes are a pretty standard result from BCAAs, they should be like white specks in a foam at the surface.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I've always had the problem with mixing RecoverPro. I read somewhere it was because the Leucine isn't instantized. Either way it is annoying and I don't like having to do more than throw it into my cold water and drinking it. I can mix it up and sip on it for an hour at work and I still always have plenty of big white dots in the bottom waiting to piss me off. It's great other than that, but I will probably not buy anymore for that reason after I am done with the 6 bottles I bought lol.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I've always had the problem with mixing RecoverPro. I read somewhere it was because the Leucine isn't instantized. Either way it is annoying and I don't like having to do more than throw it into my cold water and drinking it. I can mix it up and sip on it for an hour at work and I still always have plenty of big white dots in the bottom waiting to piss me off. It's great other than that, but I will probably not buy anymore for that reason after I am done with the 6 bottles I bought lol.
It's simply the nature of the beast, mix your BCAAs the night before, place them in the fridge and enjoy them fully dissolved in the morning. :p

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
i get bulk leucine from NP and it mixes fine if i shake it a bunch and let settle,

AI has the flavoring system which may cause a little extra foam and making it harder to settle... note crystle light bubbling a little at first theng settlin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's simply the nature of the beast, mix your BCAAs the night before, place them in the fridge and enjoy them fully dissolved in the morning. :p
Plus it gives you a nice, cool refreshing drink. ;)

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man with a plan right here.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Kinda dissapointed also i bought a tub of the raspberry and have the leucine flake problem:( is there even a benefit of it not being instantized? Really makes me wanna stick with xtend

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jbatts77 Training Forum 3
Anabolics 42
Manuil Anabolics 37
Anabolics 18
Post Cycle Therapy 15