New Assualt?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I tried the orange mango and really like this stuff. However, I am kind of sensitive to caffeine. Is there a stim free version? And will this creatine cause any water bloating of any sorts?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried the orange mango and really like this stuff. However, I am kind of sensitive to caffeine. Is there a stim free version? And will this creatine cause any water bloating of any sorts?
The stim-free version of Assault should have been released around mid-July, but will likely be coming out when they release the even newer version. Assault has never caused any water retention for me and I use it all the time, even in the days leading up to photoshoots, etc.

~Rosie~

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
surely more people can chime in? seems like a popular product. IS half a dose enough ?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did like Assault until it started to make my stomach sick during my workouts.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
new version? See, my stomach hurts on most pre workouts but this one didnt seem to affect me at all. Weird

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
surely more people can chime in? seems like a popular product. IS half a dose enough ?
Not sure if you meant half a dose or a scoop, but half a scoop is a FULL serving. Half a SCOOP is enough, yes. You can use a double serving (i.e. a full scoop) if you want, though.

new version? See, my stomach hurts on most pre workouts but this one didnt seem to affect me at all. Weird
Not everyone has the same experience with every product.

~Rosie~

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah im the opposite. just the one thing i dont like about assault is the scoop is HUGE and u have to put so much powder in your shaker

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
give it a shot... personally, ill never buy it again (maybe the even newer version rosie mentioned) because of how disappointed i was in v.2

i thought the original was the best preworkout i had ever taken, hands down. i felt like i could (and felt the desire to) workout for hours. im not exaggerating when i say there were times were i had to make my self leave the gym so not to overtrain. i put my friends onto it too, once v.2 came out i (we) was actually mad at how much of a difference i saw (or lack thereof). v.2 wasnt really the type of pwo that made me feel stimmed out, which i like, but just gave me SO much focus and drive to workout

i wouldnt think suma root would have made THAT big of a difference, but i guess so, its the only thing i can think of.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really wanted to try the older version but never got around to it.

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Its good, but I need the full scoop for sure, so value for money....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
give it a shot... personally, ill never buy it again (maybe the even newer version rosie mentioned) because of how disappointed i was in v.2

i thought the original was the best preworkout i had ever taken, hands down. i felt like i could (and felt the desire to) workout for hours. im not exaggerating when i say there were times were i had to make my self leave the gym so not to overtrain. i put my friends onto it too, once v.2 came out i (we) was actually mad at how much of a difference i saw (or lack thereof). v.2 wasnt really the type of pwo that made me feel stimmed out, which i like, but just gave me SO much focus and drive to workout

i wouldnt think suma root would have made THAT big of a difference, but i guess so, its the only thing i can think of.
The original with the Suma Root in made a HUGE difference for me as well, but more to do with the physiological conditions that I have than anything else, and nothing else has come (or ever will, IMO) close to it as far as benefits for me re such a product - which is why I have several tubs of it stashed away so I don't run out for months! I never felt "stimmed out" on Assault, even the original version, but then again, next-to-nothing would ever make me feel like that, and I obviously used it for a completely different purpose than you did.

The second reformulation may be different to the second re effects, etc., but for now, I am sticking with the tubs of original I have - and if I find any in a Vitamin Shoppe or GNC, you can bet that I scoop them up!

~Rosie~

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
so it WAS the suma root.... i remember being so disheartened after a couple weeks on the 2nd assault (i thought it was going to be new and IMPROVED) and i just couldnt figure out why. one of my friends told me they took out the suma root, but i kind of figured there was no way it caused that big of a difference (going from 'the best pwo ive ever taken' to 'just ok, but probably wouldnt try again unless it was really, really cheap' lol)

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I cant really take this because I am so sensitive to caffeine? Did you say the caffeine free version will come out next july? I figured it was suppose to come out this july? Oh well, I know I cant handle caffeine at all.

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
man, I feel for you! A life without Caffeine is not an option for me!

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
no, it was supposed to come out this july. but i guess it got pushed back

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was a huge fan of version 1 with suma root that stuff was amazing and i also loved the taste of it. Granted its just a preworkout and i have no problem stomaching most any pre but Assault was one of the first in a long time that tasted good. I didn't notice any real bloat off it also.