Is it possible to not respond to creatine?

rodo123

Awards
I have tried mono twice, both a month run. Never noticed anything, bloating, strength gains, or faster recovery. Hmm

Also, I have been doing a 5 day split but I don't see much improvement in my gains. Would a 3 day on 2 day off split be worth to try? It would be

Mon- chest,tri,shoulders or chest,bis,shoulders
tues-legs
wed-back, bis or back,triceps
thurs-off
far-off
sat- repeat

Better to do chest with tris or chest with bis?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes it is possible...consider yourself lucky with naturally high PCr stores.

Flabby

Awards
Just in case you haven't already heard...

Creatine seems to require an insulin spike for max absorption. Caffeine can also interfere with absorption. For those reasons I like it post-workout in a shake.

GHO5T

Awards

Creatine seems to require an insulin spike for max absorption. Caffeine can also interfere with absorption. For those reasons I like it post-workout in a shake.
not necessarily true....

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
If creatine has no effect it could be possible your levels are already saturated from food. If this were true there would be no need or benefit in supplementing with creatine.

Any chance you eat a ton of steak?

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would not expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Sorry, incorrect.

If creatine has no effect it could be possible your levels are already saturated from food. If this were true there would be no need or benefit in supplementing with creatine.

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.
From food or genetically.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would not expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.
I edited this to say i would NOT expect to see huge results in 4 weeks. Just to be clear.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I edited this to say i would NOT expect to see huge results in 4 weeks. Just to be clear.
Actually, with creatine it should pretty much take 4 weeks to reach saturation as per the studies

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
You could also try a purer creatine. Some non-responders do actually respond well with high purity creatine

Flabby

Awards
Sorry, incorrect.
I am referring to studies I've read wherein creatine in carbohydrate solutions was absorbed better than creatine + protein or creatine + water. Is there something wrong with the methodology?

Similarly, studies have shown that creatine ingested with caffeine wasn't as effective.

What do you know that I don't?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I am referring to studies I've read wherein creatine in carbohydrate solutions was absorbed better than creatine + protein or creatine + water. Is there something wrong with the methodology?

Similarly, studies have shown that creatine ingested with caffeine wasn't as effective.

What do you know that I don't?
Yes, carbs may increase creatine uptake, but it truly does not matter in the longterm. You know what else increases overall creatine uptake? Loading. Just as we say you don't need to load mono, you certainly don't need to consume it with carbs, and I prefer not to.

Caffeine + creatine is no issue whatsoever.