Is it possible to not respond to creatine? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is it possible to not respond to creatine?

1. New Member

Is it possible to not respond to creatine?

I have tried mono twice, both a month run. Never noticed anything, bloating, strength gains, or faster recovery. Hmm

Also, I have been doing a 5 day split but I don't see much improvement in my gains. Would a 3 day on 2 day off split be worth to try? It would be

Mon- chest,tri,shoulders or chest,bis,shoulders
    tues-legs
    wed-back, bis or back,triceps
    thurs-off
    far-off
    sat- repeat

Better to do chest with tris or chest with bis?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes it is possible...consider yourself lucky with naturally high PCr stores.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Just in case you haven't already heard...

Creatine seems to require an insulin spike for max absorption. Caffeine can also interfere with absorption. For those reasons I like it post-workout in a shake.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flabby View Post

Creatine seems to require an insulin spike for max absorption. Caffeine can also interfere with absorption. For those reasons I like it post-workout in a shake.
    not necessarily true....
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

If creatine has no effect it could be possible your levels are already saturated from food. If this were true there would be no need or benefit in supplementing with creatine.

Any chance you eat a ton of steak?

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would not expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry, incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    If creatine has no effect it could be possible your levels are already saturated from food. If this were true there would be no need or benefit in supplementing with creatine.

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.
    From food or genetically.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes it is possible...consider yourself lucky with naturally high PCr stores.
    Exactly! I I should probably see what other responses are before repeating what some one already said.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Also in my experience creatine effects are notices long term. I would not expect to see huge results in 4 weeks personally.
    I edited this to say i would NOT expect to see huge results in 4 weeks. Just to be clear.
  9. Diamond Member

I edited this to say i would NOT expect to see huge results in 4 weeks. Just to be clear.
    Actually, with creatine it should pretty much take 4 weeks to reach saturation as per the studies
  10. Advanced Member

You could also try a purer creatine. Some non-responders do actually respond well with high purity creatine
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Sorry, incorrect.
    I am referring to studies I've read wherein creatine in carbohydrate solutions was absorbed better than creatine + protein or creatine + water. Is there something wrong with the methodology?

Similarly, studies have shown that creatine ingested with caffeine wasn't as effective.

What do you know that I don't?
  12. Diamond Member

I am referring to studies I've read wherein creatine in carbohydrate solutions was absorbed better than creatine + protein or creatine + water. Is there something wrong with the methodology?

Similarly, studies have shown that creatine ingested with caffeine wasn't as effective.

What do you know that I don't?
    Yes, carbs may increase creatine uptake, but it truly does not matter in the longterm. You know what else increases overall creatine uptake? Loading. Just as we say you don't need to load mono, you certainly don't need to consume it with carbs, and I prefer not to.

Caffeine + creatine is no issue whatsoever.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. One off dose of epi to see if you respond?
    By mark118 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 10:18 AM
  2. Need HELP!!!! please respond
    By browns1234 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
  3. How did you respond to Fadogia ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. Please! Everyone Respond Here! We Need Your Help!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:32 PM