Bulk super Cissus, how do you take it and tolerate it.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been having some issues with shoulder and joint pain and it was suggested to me that some Super Cissus may help. I went with the 100g Bulk powder offered by Nutra as it was the same stuff as the Super Cissus pills at a better value. 1/4 tsp = 1100mg, so I have been taking 1/2 tsp am and pm. First dose went straight into my mouth. WTF, it tastes like stale tobacco mixed with black pepper and used coffee grounds, kind of burns too.

Anybody found any methods that make it more palatable?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I cap powders, can't stand their taste either

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
parachute - wrap in tissue swag it down

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the input all, maybe I will try it with Citrus Green tea. Scooter, the "Parachute" idea, probably will incite my gag reflex, no offense :)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
in my experience, i havent found anything that covers up the taste of bulk cissus.....worth payin a couple extra bucks for pills :p

BazW

BazW

Awards
Considering buying the capsules. I suffer from shoulder pain tok and have been using glucosamine. Any feedback on the positive effects of the cissus?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Considering buying the capsules. I suffer from shoulder pain tok and have been using glucosamine. Any feedback on the positive effects of the cissus?
joint support in OT + 2-4g cissus a day, always gets my aches/pains feelin better

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I've had shoulder problems for years to the point not only can I not bench, I cannot position my arms in bench position without weights and not feel the pinch.
I'm taking time off bench and doing dips and taking E-Pharm JointForce. I'm hoping it makes a difference, but too early to tell. I should mix it with cissus but I will wait to see how JointForce affects me. one concern I have about cissus, which could be completely unfounded, is that it masks the pain and I would end up working out through the pain and aggrevating it more. I've read that long time back, but again could be completely unfounded.

BazW

BazW

Awards
Thanks for that fadi. I never realised that it had analgesic properties...could take paracetamol for that lol. Be interesting to read how you get on with jointforce. My pain started after doing shoulder presses on the smith machine.

gwulbrecht72

Awards
Ugh bulk cissus tastes terrible, I definitely shell out the extra $$ for Supercissus. I've read about the two products compared, is there any truth to the statement that Supercissus is more 'pure' than bulk cissus?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh bulk cissus tastes terrible, I definitely shell out the extra $$ for Supercissus. I've read about the two products compared, is there any truth to the statement that Supercissus is more 'pure' than bulk cissus?
Not really sure, however, the bulk powder I purchased was from the same company:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/uspowders/bulk-super-cissus-rx-100-grams.

Also, I found it is much more tolerable mixed in with some Lipton diet Green Tea with Citrus. Thanks for the input all.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ive used bulks/caps from various companies; supercissuss, primaforce cissus caps, supplement direct cissus, NP cissus....

never really noticed a difference from product to product, more or less just the pricetag

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive used bulks/caps from various companies; supercissuss, primaforce cissus caps, supplement direct cissus, NP cissus....

never really noticed a difference from product to product, more or less just the pricetag
How many grams of bulk cissus, say from Nutraplanet should I use twice a day? Meant to ask on the phone call the other day! Maybe others will benefit from my question, thats why I just posted it here. The dosing confuses me because of all the different extract percents. 4 caps of Super Cissus RX worked awesome for me.

Mike

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been seeing some improvement at 2g 2x/day in just 5 days. Gonna hold this for a week and then drop down to 2g/day. Sorry, got no science behind that,

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How many grams of bulk cissus, say from Nutraplanet should I use twice a day? Meant to ask on the phone call the other day! Maybe others will benefit from my question, thats why I just posted it here. The dosing confuses me because of all the different extract percents. 4 caps of Super Cissus RX worked awesome for me.

Mike
anywhere from 2-4g daily.....id say start out at the 2g dose to see if that helps, if not, bump it up to 4g.

i typically use cissus when rehabbing from injuries......ive noticed that simple sprains/strains i only need 2g, but for more severe injuries *such as my sugery recovery* i like dosing on the high side around 4g :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anywhere from 2-4g daily.....id say start out at the 2g dose to see if that helps, if not, bump it up to 4g.

i typically use cissus when rehabbing from injuries......ive noticed that simple sprains/strains i only need 2g, but for more severe injuries *such as my sugery recovery* i like dosing on the high side around 4g :D
With the bulk powder so cheap, ill prolly start at 4g, and try to back down when the healing process is over for a 2g preventative strategy.

Thanks bro