• Total voters
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
POLL: Ephedra/Caffeine vs. Ephedrine/Caffeine which gave you more success?

Ephedra vs. Ephedrine...that is Ephedra aka Mahuang not the current marketing gimmicks currently sold such as Ephedra leaves or extracts that contain no real alkaloids found in banned Ephedra.

I want people to vote who actually used both and have a real vote out of experience.

Regardless of the differences (appetite, direct fat loss, other reasons) of why one may work over the other in regards to weight loss, please choose what you have had most success with for cutting.

Please disregard all negative side effects, this poll is about effectiveness not overall quality compared to sides.

My vote is Ephedra by far.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I vote for ephedrine. I got more energy and appetite suppression. I initially went with one of those ephedra/caffeine stacks before I knew about good ole bronkaid, and it felt like a huge caffeine boost. With ephedrine, I get a much crazier appetite suppression. As far as fatloss goes, there are too many variables, but I believe science dictates that ephedrine will outperform ephedra.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I vote for ephedrine. I got more energy and appetite suppression. I initially went with one of those ephedra/caffeine stacks before I knew about good ole bronkaid, and it felt like a huge caffeine boost. With ephedrine, I get a much crazier appetite suppression. As far as fatloss goes, there are too many variables, but I believe science dictates that ephedrine will outperform ephedra.
Did you use one of those OTC Ephedra extracts that are available these days?

Just wondering since they are nothing the same. Im sure you know this but the Ephedra products available these days have no real alkaloids in them like old school Mahuang ephedra.

As far as science there is not enough to prove or disprove anything, and ephedra studies are severely lacking especially in regards to athletic performance.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Did you use one of those OTC Ephedra extracts that are available these days?

Just wondering since they are nothing the same. Im sure you know this but the Ephedra products available these days have no real alkaloids in them like old school Mahuang ephedra.

As far as science there is not enough to prove or disprove anything, and ephedra studies are severely lacking especially in regards to athletic performance.
I actually thought you were referring to present-day ephedra, not the good old stuff (which I do hear is better).

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually thought you were referring to present-day ephedra, not the good old stuff (which I do hear is better).
Present stuff is just a marketing gimmick for sure. Ephedra aka Mahuang can be found black market only in the USA.

Im going to edit my original post and be clear about this, thanks for coming back with a response.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Present stuff is just a marketing gimmick for sure. Ephedra aka Mahuang can be found black market only in the USA.

Im going to edit my original post and be clear about this, thanks for coming back with a response.
No problem. Just how prevalent is this black market? I'd love to try it as I was way too young to use it when it was legal :D

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem. Just how prevalent is this black market? I'd love to try it as I was way too young to use it when it was legal :D
Well I found a website that sells EC stacks, NYC stacks, other goodies including something rather rare which is Ostarsim (sp? lol) in the pill form...

The issue here is that you have to be careful what you put in your body because we dont know if these companies are lab testing their raws. Company is active in one of them steroid forums though so you can speak with a rep, not that it means anything about quality.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well I found a website that sells EC stacks, NYC stacks, other goodies including something rather rare which is Ostarsim (sp? lol) in the pill form...

The issue here is that you have to be careful what you put in your body because we dont know if these companies are lab testing their raws. Company is active in one of them steroid forums though so you can speak with a rep, not that it means anything about quality.
Thanks for the heads up man. I have 24 hour access to HPLC with my new research so maybe I can get a sample from them prior to buying.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ephedra vs. Ephedrine...that is Ephedra aka Mahuang not the current marketing gimmicks currently sold such as Ephedra leaves or extracts that contain no real alkaloids found in banned Ephedra.

I want people to vote who actually used both and have a real vote out of experience.

Regardless of the differences (appetite, direct fat loss, other reasons) of why one may work over the other in regards to weight loss, please choose what you have had most success with for cutting.

Please disregard all negative side effects, this poll is about effectiveness not overall quality compared to sides.

My vote is Ephedra by far.
Over 20 years experience with both the synthetic and herbal extracts, including from both source genus': Sida Cordifolia and Ma Huang.

THE SHORT ANSWER: Provided you have a quality extract, both the synthetic and herbal E plus C have been shown to be both safe and efficacious. This, according to peer reviewed, published studies done at Beth Israel Medical Center (branch of Harvard), Columbia University and overseas. The synthetic is prone to a sharper rise/fall in energy levels, given it usually consists of the two strongest stereo-isomers. The herbal equivalents, lead to a smoother rise/fall which many enjoy as it mitigates the "crash" associated with such.

If I had my druthers (and I do... :)), I rather favor the herbal extracts given they're less harsh and convey a better appetite suppression effect, over a longer time period. It's difficult these days though, to obtain those quality extracts vs. years past. The synthetics are easy enough to find, but in the U.S. they require a drivers license/other ID plus signature. Not a big fan of that. You should know that the import laws allow for up to 6g it is I believe, by mail order and up to 9 at point of sale - in any 30 day period.

Interesting note: Restricting ephedrine/ephedra sales in this country was done via The Patriot Act, of all things.

Reactions: ax1
Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ax1- What dose have you ran Ephedrine HCL at?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ax1- What dose have you ran Ephedrine HCL at?
25mg/200 3x a day....Ive run it with designer test boosters, alpha-burn, you name it. Old School Mahuang is better than any combination of supplements Ive ever tried w/ EC.

Right now Im using it with Ursobolic. Actually I was going to try Ursobolic on its own but then something came up a week later and I must get lean by December for a potential trip overseas.