Arginine and AAKG still good?

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Hey guys, new here and need advice. I just started doing my own pwo with these bulk powders: CEE, citrulline malate, beta alanine, taurine, leucine, arginine and AAKG. Do I need the arginine/AAKG? Seems like they're falling out of favor. Should I consider
any other supplements? Other BCAA's? Overall, I'm after more energy and increased pump. Thanks much.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I would use Cit mal, BA, Leucine and if you want pumps some nitrates or agmatine. To replace your CEE you could use MCC or some other creatine with an ergogenic bond, CEE is also teh lamez

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On my phone so I can't get too detailed, but drop cee and arginine and aakg and BA.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
On my phone so I can't get too detailed, but drop cee and arginine and aakg and BA.
I'll elaborate, beta alanine is still good but taken pre workout might negatively impact performance, however it can be dosed any other time of the day to help build saturation it should be dosed daily at ~3-4G.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The way you worded it sounds like you already have all of those components. If that is the case, use what combination works best for you. This thread could go 20 pages and still no agreement will be made on what "works". If after more energy, maybe add a stim. It's best not to over think it;)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll elaborate, beta alanine is still good but taken pre workout might negatively impact performance, however it can be dosed any other time of the day to help build saturation it should be dosed daily at ~3-4G.
thanks, at work so don't feel like a full explanation. BA in the morning @ 4g.

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Thanks for the replies. So, BA in the am plus before workout? And how about creatine nitrate?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. So, BA in the am plus before workout? And how about creatine nitrate?
Not pre workout, post workout or any other time of day other than pre workout.

As far creatine nitrate goes its awesome but good luck finding bulk CN

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Nutraplanet.com/product/aps/creatine-nitrate-200-caps.html

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is better to split up the doses of BA actually.
Ya i agree on the split dosage as being better, i'm just simply lazy or forgetfull so i typically take it all in the morning. When i'm on top of things i take it with breakfast and then with dinner. And yes, after seeing the recent literature about BA pre workout being detrimental i immediately stopped any dose prior to a workout.

I've always gotten a chuckle listening to guys that love BA pre workout for the tingles. Ya those tingles really help build muscle :D

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NP has CN caps. Worth a try?
Creatine nitrate is the ****, fukin love it. Endurance is off the charts (for me) when using CN. Pumps are there, but i use agmatine for the pumps. My workouts improved considerably on my last CN run. I would still be using it if not for the fact that i wanted to try CL's Green Bulge, which i am loving as well.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Creatine nitrate is the ****, fukin love it. Endurance is off the charts (for me) when using CN. Pumps are there, but i use agmatine for the pumps. My workouts improved considerably on my last CN run. I would still be using it if not for the fact that i wanted to try CL's Green Bulge, which i am loving as well.
Great to hear the GB is treating you well :)

I agree with all posts above, drop the arginine and replace the CEE with something like Magnesium Creatine Chelate, CN or plain mono.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
That is legit stuff, albeit a bit pricey for creatine but if you're ok with that go for it.
Muscle feast use to see 1lb of creating nitrate for $31 or less(I think it was a less) but thermolife made them take it down :(

Ligmenos

Ligmenos

Awards
can you explain this?

thanks ;)

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
can you explain this?

thanks ;)
Apparently due to its chemical structure it can work as neurotransmitter in some instances and it could actually act on receptors that would impair performance. However it is incredibly ergogenic still and can be taken any other time of day and should be taken everyday to maintain saturation.

Ligmenos

Ligmenos

Awards
Apparently due to its chemical structure it can work as neurotransmitter in some instances and it could actually act on receptors that would impair performance. However it is incredibly ergogenic still and can be taken any other time of day and should be taken everyday to maintain saturation.
thanks a lot...

i also found this

[h=3]Abstract[/h]This review discusses the role of beta-alanine as a neurotransmitter. Beta-alanine is structurally intermediate between alpha-amino acid (glycine, glutamate) and gamma-amino acid (GABA) neurotransmitters. In general, beta-alanine satisfies a number of the prerequisite classical criteria for being a neurotransmitter: beta-alanine occurs naturally in the CNS, is released by electrical stimulation through a Ca(2+) dependent process, has binding sites, and inhibits neuronal excitability. beta-Alanine has 5 recognized receptor sites: glycine co-agonist site on the NMDA complex (strychnine-insensitive); glycine receptor site (strychnine sensitive); GABA-A receptor; GABA-C receptor; and blockade of GAT protein-mediated glial GABA uptake. Although beta-alanine binding has been identified throughout the hippocampus, limbic structures, and neocortex, unique beta-alaninergic neurons with no GABAergic properties remain unidentified, and it is impossible to discriminate between beta-alaninergic and GABAergic properties in the CNS. Nevertheless, a variety of data suggest that beta-alanine should be considered as a small molecule neurotransmitter and should join the ranks of the other amino acid neurotransmitters. These realizations open the door for a more comprehensive evaluation of beta-alanine's neurochemistry and for its exploitation as a platform for drug design.