Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA

ngen52

Awards
I've been looking into an intraworkout and these two have been the two highest rated. Has anyone tried both of these and can compare the effects?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My vote would be for Xtend

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry.

There's a nasty rumor not to trust me on this, but if you read all 50 pages of that thread you'll see it was just a lark!

Seriously, AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry, best value BCAA!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
My vote would be modernbcaa

- good flavors
- higher ratio of leucine
- sustamine wont start smelling funky if your mix sits a while...as I usually mix some and sip throughout the day

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Xtend, simply because there's more data on the 2:1:1 bcaa ratio than the the 8:1:1 USP labs uses. But both are definitely solid products, either one would work

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry.

There's a nasty rumor not to trust me on this, but if you read all 50 pages of that thread you'll see it was just a lark!

Seriously, AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry, best value BCAA!
It is a true statement, you can almost NEVER trust Milas. However, he is correct with this one. Red Raspberry is very good and quite affordable. I have also tried both of the other one's, the xtend and MBCAA's. I like them both but find xtend to be a better ratio, flavor, and mixing.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
It is a true statement, you can almost NEVER trust Milas. However, he is correct with this one. Red Raspberry is very good and quite affordable. I have also tried both of the other one's, the xtend and MBCAA's. I like them both but find xtend to be a better ratio, flavor, and mixing.
Optimum nutrition makes a unflavored bcaa which is less than 20 bucks for 60 servings. Goes great with crystal light and a spoon of optimum nutrition creapure unflavored.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Red Raspberry RecoverPRO is definitely the way to go on this one. Just whatever you do--do not get the lemon. Seriously. It's a total Brit's flavour. And as has been stated, Milas is most certainly not trustworthy. He is also a pathological liar. I, however, am not. So, his lie happened to be a truth and my truths are always truths...ya dig?

And I've used both ModernBCAA and Xtend (not the new version, though) and both are fine. I prefer 4:1:1, though.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Optimum nutrition makes a unflavored bcaa which is less than 20 bucks for 60 servings. Goes great with crystal light and a spoon of optimum nutrition creapure unflavored.
I do like ON and get their unflavored protein powder (Any Whey) but I've had unflavored BCAA's and they taste incredibly foul, even when I tried to disguise the taste in something else.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do like ON and get their unflavored protein powder (Any Whey) but I've had unflavored BCAA's and they taste incredibly foul, even when I tried to disguise the taste with my urine.
I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I want them mixed with a flavored BCAA product, which tends to be stronger than Crystal Light or anything comparable.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't used either of those two things you have spoke of but I've heard a couple nice things about xtend and 3 nice things about modern, so I know they're both good. I honestly think it's not that big of a deal which one you go with, I think it's more about preference. That's why I drink Lemon flavored RecoverPRO, it is tasty and perfect, and also the only recovery drink I've ever used in my entire life. I prefer it, and so should YOU.
Lemon RecoverPRO: get your heal on!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I usually chase them by biting into a whole lemon. Tastes exactly like Lemon RecoverPRO and it's well worth the extra couple dollars.
I can't imagine biting a lemon but I agree on the RecoverPro Lemon flavored.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I suggest everyone makes a HOMEMADE version of xtend like I do. Buy the 1 kilo BCAAs, bulk glutamine, bulk citrulline malate, and then get some b6 capsules. Buy a really cheap food scale. I do two servings during a workout. I measure 14 g bcaas, 5 g glutamine, 2 g citrulline malate, and pour in some of the b6 powder from the capsules. Add some flavoring packet and BAM xtend cheaper than the real thing.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I want them mixed with a flavored BCAA product, which tends to be stronger than Crystal Light or anything comparable.
yeah I'd think I'd need much more flavor masking to down it. I still got 3/4 of a tub of PP's unflavored iBCAA's. Mixes very well, probably one of the best, but the taste is like Milas breath in the morning.

I haven't used either of those two things you have spoke of but I've heard a couple nice things about xtend and 3 nice things about modern, so I know they're both good. I honestly think it's not that big of a deal which one you go with, I think it's more about preference. That's why I drink Lemon flavored RecoverPRO, it is tasty and perfect, and also the only recovery drink I've ever used in my entire life. I prefer it, and so should YOU.
Lemon RecoverPRO: get your heal on!
You sir, are a complete liar as well. Don't try to mislead the OP with that Lemon trash. We all know Red Raspberry is where it's at, they have plenty in stock so no need to worry about the secret getting out.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I suggest everyone makes a HOMEMADE version of xtend like I do. Buy the 1 kilo BCAAs, bulk glutamine, bulk citrulline malate, and then get some b6 capsules. Buy a really cheap food scale. I do two servings during a workout. I measure 14 g bcaas, 5 g glutamine, 2 g citrulline malate, and pour in some of the b6 powder from the capsules. Add some flavoring packet and BAM xtend cheaper than the real thing.
too much work. I'll pay extra for the convenience and the better flavor.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't always drink BCAAs, but when I do, I drink RecoverPro Red Raspberry. Stay thirsty my friends...

Seriously though, I've tried working with the bulk unflavored BCAA, and it SUCKS. Doing that with crystal light actually costs more I've found, than getting a good deal on RecoverPro. It's totally worth it to get a good flavored BCAA you'll enjoy and drink rather than a tub of rubbish you have to choke down and end up not using.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I won't even go through that much trouble to get laid! I'll pay (and mind you only marginally more) for the better service and convenience!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just looked it up and am intrigued. Anybody have any feedback on it yet?

I don't always drink BCAAs, but when I do, I drink RecoverPro Red Raspberry. Stay thirsty my friends...

Seriously though, I've tried working with the bulk unflavored BCAA, and it SUCKS. Doing that with crystal light actually costs more I've found, than getting a good deal on RecoverPro. It's totally worth it to get a good flavored BCAA you'll enjoy and drink rather than a tub of rubbish you have to choke down and end up not using.
It kinda goes hand in hand with most of your posts...you know, the rubbish part.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I won't even go through that much trouble to get laid! I'll pay (and mind you only marginally more) for the better service and convenience!
It takes literally 2 minutes to open three jars and scoop really fast..I already had a food scale it really isn't an inconvenience

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It takes literally 2 minutes to open three jars and scoop really fast..I already had a food scale it really isn't an inconvenience
Within that 2 minutes, I get laid... As I said, more effort than getting laid... :lol:

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If anybody needs any samples of RecoverPro contact PM stxnas with a request and he'll get some out pronto. Also click over to http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition for more info on Lemon RecoverPro.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just looked it up and am intrigued. Anybody have any feedback on it yet?
I've mixed bulk (not NP's) BCAAs with GV flavoring and I didn't like it at all. I used grape and I can't recall the other flavor; cherry, maybe (but I had the individual travel packets, not the big container--not sure if there's any difference, as in store, I only saw the big containers with sugar and not the 10cal/serving, like the individual packets). The big thing for me, though, is that I mix my aminos in a half-gallon jug and drink them through my entire workout; not just in a normal-sized shaker. So that's where the biggest difference lies for me, probably.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LEMON REcover Pro! (Have used mMdern BCAA, mixes well, tastes good. Just a bit pricey.)

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've mixed bulk (not NP's) BCAAs with GV flavoring and I didn't like it at all. I used grape and I can't recall the other flavor; cherry, maybe (but I had the individual travel packets, not the big container--not sure if there's any difference, as in store, I only saw the big containers with sugar and not the 10cal/serving, like the individual packets). The big thing for me, though, is that I mix my aminos in a half-gallon jug and drink them through my entire workout; not just in a normal-sized shaker. So that's where the biggest difference lies for me, probably.
yeah the unflavored are nasty but I'm not sure about this one. I always like to get feedback from other people before I buy another tub of aminos. I got too many open ones now already. Some cause I wanted to try them and some because I'm going through them slowly cause they really suck.

RED RASPBERRY REcover Pro! (Have used mMdern BCAA, mixes well, tastes good. Just a bit pricey.)
Modern BCAA's taste wasn't bad but I thought the mixability was terrible, no matter how I did it.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Xtend.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's :)
Sorry I didn't see this reply before I posted.. Have you tried other flavors and are they as good at covering the taste or is it just grape?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IIRC I may have tried fruit punch.

The fact that the grape is strong enough that there is zero BCAA taste is a good indication of the potential for other flavors to do as good a job. Although grape is notorious for effective masking.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.
I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.

TerpVTX

Awards
It is a little pricey, but Core ABCs is the best BCAA supplement (and then some) that I have tried. I have also used Extend and enjoy the taste of Core ABCs much better.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.
oh believe you me, I love the carbs.... just not intra workout... I want to stimulate GH release as much as possible and save the insulin flood for my post workout meal.

Just me.

Also when dieting and taking things like Rauwolscine or ephedrine that is best taken on an empty stomach 30min-1hr before food (avoiding insulin) then I like to drink aminos first thing in the morning while these are kicking in to prevent catabolism.

plus their CF version is greatly flavored, I usually HATE diet drinks with sweeteners.... I cant even tell the difference with Body Mortar CF.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Xtend's new formula for blue raspberry is delicious. its a little too delicious actually, which causes me to pointlessly drink too much of it.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is a little pricey, but Core ABCs is the best BCAA supplement (and then some) that I have tried. I have also used Extend and enjoy the taste of Core ABCs much better.
the flavoring is good but the aftertaste isn't and lasts.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Once you can drink bcaas, CEE, and citrulline malate in water without flavoring..everything tastes good.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once you can drink bcaas, CEE, and citrulline malate in water without flavoring..everything tastes good.
together or separately? I kinda like the tart taste of citrullene solo.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread has inspired me. I'm buying bulk BCAAs and bulk DAA tomorrow and mixing to see if the DAA masks the BCAAs. And then I will chase it with a shaker of Lemon RecoverPro.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread has inspired me. I'm buying bulk BCAAs and bulk DAA tomorrow and mixing to see if the DAA masks the BCAAs. And then I will chase it with a shaker of Lemon RecoverPro.
Sounds like one form of hell following the other. Actually I've taken DAA with BCAA's. It gives it a little more tartness but doesn't enhance the flavor much or mask anything since most DAA powders are unflavored anyways.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Both.
Modern for intraworkout and xtend for daily consumption
IMO modern is good if youre on anebeta

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Xtend. Uses the university studied ratio's. If these other variations were better, surely one of these companies would spend the money to show it via a study. Since it goes against the grain of research. You can get the previous version of Xtend on sale at Nutraplanet CHEAP right now. The new version uses bonded CM and added electrolytes. Totally changed flavor system as well. In the new, the best flavors are blue raz, apple and lemon sour (if you enjoy gatorade flavor).

I'm CEO of Scivation for full disclosure.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I agree on the 2:1:1 ratio.

A single serving of Xtend is 11.5 of which only 7g is actual BCAA. Of the 1035g volume of their product it contains only 630g (60.89%) of actual BCAA's. At $49.99 a tub that equates to $0.08/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 1000g (1 kilo) of 100% BCAA's for $39.99. That equates to $0.04/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's are HALF the price of Xtend.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I agree on the 2:1:1 ratio.

A single serving of Xtend is 11.5 of which only 7g is actual BCAA. Of the 1035g volume of their product it contains only 630g (60.89%) of actual BCAA's. At $49.99 a tub that equates to $0.08/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 1000g (1 kilo) of 100% BCAA's for $39.99. That equates to $0.04/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's are HALF the price of Xtend.
Of course bulk materials will be cheaper than a flavored multi piece formula. To at least make it fair, you should mention that Xtend has Bonded CM, glutamine and electrolytes. It's also the only bcaa product that fully passes prop 65 compliance :).