Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!

2. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I've mixed bulk (not NP's) BCAAs with GV flavoring and I didn't like it at all. I used grape and I can't recall the other flavor; cherry, maybe (but I had the individual travel packets, not the big container--not sure if there's any difference, as in store, I only saw the big containers with sugar and not the 10cal/serving, like the individual packets). The big thing for me, though, is that I mix my aminos in a half-gallon jug and drink them through my entire workout; not just in a normal-sized shaker. So that's where the biggest difference lies for me, probably.
    The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.
    •   

3. Does the grape do a decent job of masking the taste? I have tried this before with other powdered drink packets and it didn't work too well
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's
    Sorry I didn't see this reply before I posted.. Have you tried other flavors and are they as good at covering the taste or is it just grape?
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Unbreakable

IIRC I may have tried fruit punch.

The fact that the grape is strong enough that there is zero BCAA taste is a good indication of the potential for other flavors to do as good a job. Although grape is notorious for effective masking.
    •   

6. AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough
    AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.
    I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

8. It is a little pricey, but Core ABCs is the best BCAA supplement (and then some) that I have tried. I have also used Extend and enjoy the taste of Core ABCs much better.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.
    oh believe you me, I love the carbs.... just not intra workout... I want to stimulate GH release as much as possible and save the insulin flood for my post workout meal.

Just me.

Also when dieting and taking things like Rauwolscine or ephedrine that is best taken on an empty stomach 30min-1hr before food (avoiding insulin) then I like to drink aminos first thing in the morning while these are kicking in to prevent catabolism.

plus their CF version is greatly flavored, I usually HATE diet drinks with sweeteners.... I cant even tell the difference with Body Mortar CF.

10. Xtend's new formula for blue raspberry is delicious. its a little too delicious actually, which causes me to pointlessly drink too much of it.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by TerpVTX View Post
    It is a little pricey, but Core ABCs is the best BCAA supplement (and then some) that I have tried. I have also used Extend and enjoy the taste of Core ABCs much better.
    the flavoring is good but the aftertaste isn't and lasts.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

12. Once you can drink bcaas, CEE, and citrulline malate in water without flavoring..everything tastes good.

13. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Once you can drink bcaas, CEE, and citrulline malate in water without flavoring..everything tastes good.
    together or separately? I kinda like the tart taste of citrullene solo.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    together or separately? I kinda like the tart taste of citrullene solo.
    Together. Just CEE by itself is enough to make me want to puke even mixing it in grape juice.

15. This thread has inspired me. I'm buying bulk BCAAs and bulk DAA tomorrow and mixing to see if the DAA masks the BCAAs. And then I will chase it with a shaker of Lemon RecoverPro.

16. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    This thread has inspired me. I'm buying bulk BCAAs and bulk DAA tomorrow and mixing to see if the DAA masks the BCAAs. And then I will chase it with a shaker of Lemon RecoverPro.
    Sounds like one form of hell following the other. Actually I've taken DAA with BCAA's. It gives it a little more tartness but doesn't enhance the flavor much or mask anything since most DAA powders are unflavored anyways.

17. Both.
    Modern for intraworkout and xtend for daily consumption
    IMO modern is good if youre on anebeta

18. Xtend. Uses the university studied ratio's. If these other variations were better, surely one of these companies would spend the money to show it via a study. Since it goes against the grain of research. You can get the previous version of Xtend on sale at Nutraplanet CHEAP right now. The new version uses bonded CM and added electrolytes. Totally changed flavor system as well. In the new, the best flavors are blue raz, apple and lemon sour (if you enjoy gatorade flavor).

I'm CEO of Scivation for full disclosure.
  19. Unbreakable

Yes, I agree on the 2:1:1 ratio.

A single serving of Xtend is 11.5 of which only 7g is actual BCAA. Of the 1035g volume of their product it contains only 630g (60.89%) of actual BCAA's. At $49.99 a tub that equates to $0.08/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 1000g (1 kilo) of 100% BCAA's for $39.99. That equates to $0.04/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's are HALF the price of Xtend.

20. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Yes, I agree on the 2:1:1 ratio.

A single serving of Xtend is 11.5 of which only 7g is actual BCAA. Of the 1035g volume of their product it contains only 630g (60.89%) of actual BCAA's. At $49.99 a tub that equates to $0.08/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 1000g (1 kilo) of 100% BCAA's for $39.99. That equates to $0.04/g.

NutraPlanet BCAA's are HALF the price of Xtend.
    Of course bulk materials will be cheaper than a flavored multi piece formula. To at least make it fair, you should mention that Xtend has Bonded CM, glutamine and electrolytes. It's also the only bcaa product that fully passes prop 65 compliance .
  21. Unbreakable

You bet. It would not be 'fair' to compare them apples to apples.

I have used Xtend and it is a high quality product.

22. Bulk BCAA plus one effervescent vitamin C tablet works well.

The orange flavoured ones I use are aspartame free and can flavour the 35g~ of aminos I use post workout. It works out much cheaper than flavoured versions.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Bulk BCAA plus one effervescent vitamin C tablet works well.

The orange flavoured ones I use are aspartame free and can flavour the 35g~ of aminos I use post workout. It works out much cheaper than flavoured versions.
    I thought you used RecoverPro, though.

24. Not anymore, when I realised the new lemon flavour had over 20(?) servings less than the last one I took my business to a bulk supplier. I just don't want that many artificial additives if I have the option.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

25. Xtend is my BCAA of choice. It costs a little more than Recoverpro, but has a proven ratio, better taste, and added goodies that recoverpro doesn't (glutamine, citrulline mallate, B6)

There is also a lot more variety to the flavors than just 2
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

26. xtend here, i also add some bulk leucine

27. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Xtend is my BCAA of choice. It costs a little more than Recoverpro, but has a proven ratio, better taste, and added goodies that recoverpro doesn't (glutamine, citrulline mallate, B6)

There is also a lot more variety to the flavors than just 2
    Ever since I added citrulline malate to my intra workout drink I have not looked back! Fantastic pumps

28. Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827
    xtend here, i also add some bulk leucine
    I add creatine and LCLT to mine
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

29. Guys I heard bdcc was paid by Scivation to denounce RecoverPro. I just got back from the gym with him and watched him pour water straight from the tap into a jug of RecoverPro lemon and slam it. He still takes it, prefers it, loves it, he just doesn't talk about it anymore.

30. No clue if the above post is serious, as I'm sure there is some internal joke aspect. All I will say is we don't pay people to bash products.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Modern BCAA, Xtend, Recoup
    By ryane87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
  2. Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(
    By mjonesjr8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:00 AM
  3. Inner circle Modern bcaa? anyone got it?
    By halfhuman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 12:02 AM