Can someone explain this to me please?

newyears

Awards
So I just started working out again. Its been 2 weeks. I've posted a couple times on this. I am taking 17 hardcore(natural test) from ctd, hypercuts from ctd, noxitropin from ctd, megacleanse, myovite multi, and a liver protectant. I've been working out just about every day and doing 20-30 min of cardio. I started at 206 ish and have cut my calories and have gained like 7-8 pounds. I'm about 212-214. Why have I gained so much weight by doing cardio and taking a fat burner?

newyears

Awards
I eat eggs in the am a protein bar after my workout. Chili or a sandwich for lunch. A bar at like 3-4. Chili or a sandwich for dinner..

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Sign up for myfitnesspal.com, track everything you eat in a day (make sure to measure your portions so as to be accurate), and report back to us with the caloric total and macronutrient breakdown.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can i ask you, if you had to guess...what do you think is the problem?

do you eat that religiously without fail or do you go off track more than once a week?

newyears

Awards
Ya I stick to it pretty well. The only thing is that I drink on the weekends. I would asume that in doing so the empty calories have gotten to me. However i haven't changed this over the past couple years. Working out and cardio coupled with the fat burner and the cleanses should not result in gaining 6-7lbs

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"7-8 pounds" of lean muscle or FAT?

and you can put your diet?

newyears

Awards
I run at 8.0 mph on the treadmill at 30-30 min. I have eggs in the am a protein bar before lunch. Some type of sandwich for lunch. A shake later in the day and then dinner is chili or some type of meat.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean I think I'm in better shape but I know I've gotten a lot stronger.
if youve gotten stronger and you say you look better whats the point of this thread?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
saying "i have eggs for breakfast bla bla bla" doesnt gives us your diet....

what are your macro's? if you're gaining weight, you obviously arent burning more cals than you are taking in.....its quite simple. just because you're taking a fat burner doesnt mean you can disregard diet.

newyears

Awards
What are macros? The point of the thread was to see if someone could explain to me why I have put on so much weight. I have cut back on my calories. I started working out everyday for the past 2-3 weeks which is something I wasn't doing up to this point on a regular basis.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
What are macros? The point of the thread was to see if someone could explain to me why I have put on so much weight. I have cut back on my calories. I started working out everyday for the past 2-3 weeks which is something I wasn't doing up to this point on a regular basis.
People are trying to help you but you won't post your daily macro break down.

Macronutrients are carbs, fat, and protein.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
okay so far what ive gotten from this thread...
1 u cut calories
2 you eat healthier
3 started working out
4 taking a fat burner
5 ur 17
6 u say its 8 lb of muscle.

doesnt make sense to me i cant explain it...maybe you were just really fat before. idk. but which brings the question why u asking just go with it, if its that good of results why ask. we try to help people and give each other advice not try and figure out what your body is doing.

go to a doctor.

newyears

Awards
haha. Thanks. I'm 22. I don't think its 8lb of muscle I can't really tell a difference in the composition I am just going by what the scale is saying. I should probably just let the cleanse and the burner run its course and report at the end?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha. Thanks. I'm 22. I don't think its 8lb of muscle I can't really tell a difference in the composition I am just going by what the scale is saying. I should probably just let the cleanse and the burner run its course and report at the end?
am i in wrong thread?
i thout u were a teen? and i thout u said u got stronger and looked better?
lol
too many threads...overload

well it would help if you posted up your diet gram per gram, calorie per calorie, then we can help you out. yeah results dont lie your diet is either wrong somewhere weather it be food choice or food timing. be specific on everything; diet, cardio, workout, sleep, how many times you jerk it. we must know as much as possible to help you or figure out the problem

newyears

Awards
haha. I wake up at 8. I eat eggs and take my supps and vitamins. I then take my preworkout. I go workout for an hour then do 20-30 min of carido. I come back and have a protein shake. Then wait a little and have a subway sandwhich. Take the 2nd round of my supps, cleanse, and vitamins. I may have a protein bar or something mid day. THen ill eat around 5-6 o clock for dinner. Sometimes ill eat at 8 depends on my class schedule. Then i go to bed around 12-1.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
haha. I wake up at 8. I eat eggs and take my supps and vitamins. I then take my preworkout. I go workout for an hour then do 20-30 min of carido. I come back and have a protein shake. Then wait a little and have a subway sandwhich. Take the 2nd round of my supps, cleanse, and vitamins. I may have a protein bar or something mid day. THen ill eat around 5-6 o clock for dinner. Sometimes ill eat at 8 depends on my class schedule. Then i go to bed around 12-1.
Sounds more like your winging it as far as diet goes.

You're gonna need to know calories, and macros.

I weigh things as well, because you may be eating way more or way less than you're assuming.

newyears

Awards
Ya I don't know anything about diet. I do however drink a gallon of water a day to help with the cleanse. I have anywherre from 3 eggwhites and 2 whole eggs to 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. The can of chili. And a 6g of fat or less sub with lettuce, onions, peppers, green peppers and lite whatever the sauce may be.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
starting counting cals, not exact or being anal or anything. But you need a good estimate of what your taking in on a daily basis. once you can say "Im eating 3200 cals, 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat we can help you more.

newyears

Awards
alright so how do i go about finding this stuff out? Today ive had my supps, vitamins, and a shake (650 calories, 25carbs, 14 fat). Thats it.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I'm going to repost exactly what I said the first time I replied to this thread:

Sign up for myfitnesspal.com, track everything you eat in a day (make sure to measure your portions so as to be accurate), and report back to us with the caloric total and macronutrient breakdown.

newyears

Awards
I'm going to repost exactly what I said the first time I replied to this thread:
Thanks, I forgot about that. Is it necessary to eat everything at home so that its measured correctly?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Thanks, I forgot about that. Is it necessary to eat everything at home so that its measured correctly?
Nope, you'll be able to look up a lot of food from chain restaurants and the like on My Fitness Pal. Though I trust the numbers to be a bit more accurate when I'm dealing with raw ingredients that I've measured myself. You'll get a pretty accurate survey nonetheless so long as you enter everything. For packaged items there is also a built in barcode scanner, which comes in handy.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
whats customary for calorie intake?
Enter your stats into My Fitness Pal, along with a weight loss target (make it realistic; I'd stay around 1 lb per week, 2 lbs at most), and it'll give you a calorie goal. I would try out that calorie goal, see how it works out and adjust your diet accordingly if need be. There is no one answer for everyone. I, for example, have to get down to 1900 cal or so per day to lose fat even though I weigh 193 lbs.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
If u just added cardio or upped the amount of lifting you are doing u will gain weight due to the fact of increased blood volume. Thats the first thing that happens when u start working out. Blood volume goes up to account for the increased demand. Let it happen, its a good thing. Ur weight will start to drop soon as your body acclimates to lifting and starts burning off more fat. Also if you just start lifting after a long break, muscle memory will take over along with n00b gains. U will gain muscle even with a deficit. This wont happen for long and u will hit a wall. Just stick with it.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
If u just added cardio or upped the amount of lifting you are doing u will gain weight due to the fact of increased blood volume. Thats the first thing that happens when u start working out. Blood volume goes up to account for the increased demand.
Really? Pounds of blood volume? I'm not discounting you because I honestly have no idea on this issue one way or another, but one pint of blood is 1.1 lbs. I somehow doubt he's walking around with more pints of blood than all the rest of us.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Really? Pounds of blood volume? I'm not discounting you because I honestly have no idea on this issue one way or another, but one pint of blood is 1.1 lbs. I somehow doubt he's walking around with more pints of blood than all the rest of us.
Yea. Not sure the exact amount and im sure it changes based on level of activity. Id guess half a pint difference would be a good range. That accounts for half a pound. Maybe he ate some dark matter? lol

Edit to add: This was told to me by an olympic coach. I didnt really question it but i just googled it. Livestrong site says something about increased red blood cells and albumin levels in the plasma. This causes more water retention. Makes sense to me. Doesnt really tell how much difference it makes tho. It does say it increases quickly within a few weeks, fits the time frame.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you eat out often. either way, you are under estimating how much you are eating. if you do eat out, that is your problem. you assume you are eating healthy, but you are eating calories loaded meals.
I worked out with my uncle who wanted to lose weight and he either did not lose or gained on certain weeks. We always argued that he eats a lot and he always says he doesn't. he orders salad at applebees for example. I explained to him that the salad he eats is around 1200 calories. he also failed to mention that he eats two servings of chips and salsa at mexican restaurant all the time thinking it is only chips. in general he eats twice what I do without knowing it.

you mentioned eating eggs, chili and protein bars. That's it? that is all you eat every day of the week? do you eat eat something else on certain days of the week? a hamburger with fries, steak with loaded potatoe? dessert?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Yea. Not sure the exact amount and im sure it changes based on level of activity. Id guess half a pint difference would be a good range. That accounts for half a pound. Maybe he ate some dark matter? lol

Edit to add: This was told to me by an olympic coach. I didnt really question it but i just googled it. Livestrong site says something about increased red blood cells and albumin levels in the plasma. This causes more water retention. Makes sense to me. Doesnt really tell how much difference it makes tho. It does say it increases quickly within a few weeks, fits the time frame.
I literally LOL'd

thanks for that.

honestly sounds to me like the guy just started getting healthy...

hes prob not seeing much in the way of visible effects cause hes burning visceral fat and increasing the density of his muscles... both of those things are hard to notice and likely to happen first thing working out.

even my fiance started gaining weight first before she lost it cause of increasing stored muscle glycogen that her body realized it now had a demand for and likely increased water weight as well from muscle inflammation and increased blood flow to the muscles....

More likely then not even if the cals were dropped as well they werent dropped enough.(well that part i think is obvious)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Don't guess measures/weight, make a precise meals plan and stick to it.
Pay attention to the "protein bars" which have pretty high cals, and are usually
(if you don't pick well) full of sugar, bad fats and other sh#t.

Count everything, be anal about it and most important if you're cutting,
make sure you're in calorie deficit, based on your stats only, don't count what
you supposedly burn with the wo.
Easy to plan, not so easy to stick with it

newyears

Awards
Thanks for all the help everyone. I am back down to 208-209. Which is good. I think I just needed to track everything and let it run its course. Is there any way to run a ph and a pct and be done before the 27th of dec?