Saw palmetto, Pygeum, and Stinging Nettle are all good for prostate health

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'd go with Saw Palmetto too!

scrappydog

Awards
Anyone have a particular supplement/brand they like?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use saw palmetto daily, love it.

Mike

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah is their any brand that u prefer?

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Used Saw Palmetto 10 years ago but switched to Beta- Sitosterol. I also use Stinging Nettle and lots of Vitamin D3, Selenium, Milk Thistle and Green Tea Extract. My results are good enough, predictable enough, that despite decades of a PSA (that useless test data) that stays between 6 and 10, my VA Docs and Uro are very happy with me on the Test Cyp they send me every month.
Here is a good, concise comparison of Beta-Sitosterol and Saw Palmetto. I have to say the Europeans, (I lived in Germany and Holland at that time) were already miles ahead of us 10 years ago.
Beta-Sitosterol versus Saw Palmetto for Prostate Health
Beta Sitosterol vs. Saw Palmetto for Prostate Health

Last edited:
methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, thank you for an eye-opening link! I never knew that! I take beta sitosterol for cardio health, never knew it had other benefits. I am really glad I've been supplementing with it.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AnabolicMinds.com Forum - SHBG's Prostate Cancer Ties

"With regard to SHBG, there was a strong association between higher levels and a positive cancer diagnosis. The exact nature of this relationship is unclear. It could mean many things, such as an active role of SHBG in disease, a preventative role of free testosterone; or even an effect rather than cause."

Nettle Root!!!! Division 1 works great, check out my log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/184240-bbgs-division-1-a.html#post3033129