new guy looking for reccomendations

chevy454

Awards
Hey guys & gals im new to the forum. Im about to get back in the weight room and i was looking into some supps to support that. Im currently 170-180ish and i want to up to at least 220-230 by janurary. At first i thought i had my stack pretty much set but the more i read about ALL the supps out there i end up not knowing what i want. So can someone reccomend a good stack or critique the one im seriously thinking about

pre-workout:superpump max
Intra:intrabolic
creatine:C-Bol
protein:ON 100% whey
whey gainer for bulking:ON serious mass?

chevy454

Awards
Crazy huh? i know thats impossible but i purposely raised the bar high so i can push myself a little harder, i know im larger than 180 that was the last time i weighed in which was last year probably about 190-194

DrewMedic

DrewMedic

Awards
Don't make it complicated of I've learned anything in here proper nutrition is the biggest and most important aspect.

Pre: whatever floats your boat
Intra: I just use BCAAs and sip on that there are pre mixed brands thought.

Post: something with sugar to help keep your insulin up so your muscles can soak up all that delicious nutrients... I would also take protein and creatine in at this point.
Creatine: Monohydrate... Honestly the effectiveness of creatine alone is still in the air let alone all the other "special" brands... Monohydrate is simple and effective, and cheap.

As for weight gainers just make sure low fats, get your protein in and carbs in the am... Your goal is a little unrealistic, for pure muscle mass anyways... Maybe you can gain 10 solid pounds in that time... But you gotta be strict and on top of your shat...

Good luck man!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
you think? you'll be lucky to gain 5lbs of muscle by then. If you are complete newbie then you may gain 10-15lbs tops, assuming you have the genetics for it. you can gain 45lbs of fat easy though. set realistic expectations. you won't gain 50 lbs even if you were on roids let alone creatine and weight gainers.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah dude its a marathon not a sprint, its good to have the mind set that you want to get big but dont overshoot cus you might "miss the moon and die in space"

chevy454

Awards
its not going to happen over night im aware of that.(that wouldnt be fun). I will weigh myself tomorrow to get an accurate number, so if all i gain is 10 SOLID pounds i will be satisfied for the most part. I read people that stacked C-bol and hemavol have had great resaults.i wanted to use E-bol also because it makes your body use more protein but i might wait until i finish my cycle. serious mass sounds like a pretty solid whey gainer, so thats another plus for me and intrbolic seems like a no brainer

dubfungus

Awards
I hate gnc but here mass gainer is actually amazing ! And serious mass is ****in great I bulked up Hella. But dnt use there scooper use a protein scoop and do to sccops like 3 times a day:$

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
its not going to happen over night im aware of that.(that wouldnt be fun). I will weigh myself tomorrow to get an accurate number, so if all i gain is 10 SOLID pounds i will be satisfied for the most part. I read people that stacked C-bol and hemavol have had great resaults.i wanted to use E-bol also because it makes your body use more protein but i might wait until i finish my cycle. serious mass sounds like a pretty solid whey gainer, so thats another plus for me and intrbolic seems like a no brainer
I would love to go lift with you and watch you crap out. Please report back to us on your progress by January with before and after pics.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
drop the weight gainers. they are a waist of money and if anything, they would make you gain fat. ON Serious Mass's serving size is 334g. that is the same as takng 10 scoops of regular protein serving. If you can drink that ontop of your normal meals then you can just eat more.

drink a gallon of milk a day. would be better gainer. if you think a gallon is a lot, that is about what you would have to drink from a gainer per serving.

as far as the other stuff, they won't directly help you build muscle, so try not to overpend thinking stacking everything will result in more gains. they may give you some extra strength in the gym and hopefully your diet is good to gain the weight. Again, 5 to 10lbs is a lot in 2 months unless it is mix of water weight, fat, and some muscle.

I haven't tried it yet, but you could look into AnaBeta.

chevy454

Awards
so drop the weigh gainer and focus more on protein?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
so drop the weigh gainer and focus more on protein?
I tried weight gainers when I started and I could never finish half a serving so they were a waist for me. I then started to make my own shakes, strawbery protein + strawberies + milk + banana + ice, but I was gaining too much weight so I stopped. I also liked Labrada MRP powder http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/labrada/lean-body-20-pack.html and mixed them with milk for extra calories. I still have packets of it, i stopped taking them to drop my weight.

Stick with protein, creatine, milk, eggs, tuna, chicken, steak, greek yogurt, etc. your goal is to get good amount of protein without overdoing the fats and carbs. it will be a challenge to gain the weight, but once you get used to eating more,cthe weight will follow.

You can take other supps as you like to experiment with.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beta-alanine
Creatine
Vit D
Magnesium
Bcaa if you want
and a solid diet.
50lbs isnt gonna happen. Neither is 10lbs. Probably not even 5lbs with how you approach supps. Lets get a look at your diet in detail. Training in detail with weights. AAS user or no? Sleeping well? Get where im going with this...supps are maybe 5-10% of the equation.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Beta-alanine
Creatine
Vit D
Magnesium
Bcaa if you want
and a solid diet.
50lbs isnt gonna happen. Neither is 10lbs. Probably not even 5lbs with how you approach supps. Lets get a look at your diet in detail. Training in detail with weights. AAS user or no? Sleeping well? Get where im going with this...supps are maybe 5-10% of the equation.
Solid advice ^^^

chevy454

Awards
Beta-alanine
Creatine
Vit D
Magnesium
Bcaa if you want
and a solid diet.
i weighed myself this morning and im at 207 and after i looked at the supps i wanted it does look like im supp. dependent. I want to refocus to more protein than anything. what is AAS? I know protein is important but when i see other guys recommend a protein powder to someone its really just based off taste. What is a good post workout protein?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i weighed myself this morning and im at 207 and after i looked at the supps i wanted it does look like im supp. dependent. I want to refocus to more protein than anything. what is AAS? I know protein is important but when i see other guys recommend a protein powder to someone its really just based off taste. What is a good post workout protein?
AAS is anabolic androgenic steroids.
A good post-wo protein is anything that is a complete protein. Examples: Chicken, Beef, Turkey, Fish, Eggs, Dairy. If you choose to use a protein shake post-wo thats your choice. Id rather eat whole food anytime I can though.
Try these supps:
Creatine
Beta-alanine
Magnesium
Vit D
Fish Oil
Bcaa/Leucine
LCLT/ALCAR
Pre-wo if your into that kinda thing.
These are just some basic things I personally like.
But make sure you have fish oil...