Is there more to the new protein blends?

Ao8

Awards
Getting back into the gym to start lifting again and am needing to purchase some protein. I have used myofusion previously but have seen some newer companies pop up most notably trunutrition / trutein. I have tried a sample and realize there are maybe a flavor or two I like but is the blend that much better that myofusion?

Wasnt sure if there was more to the trutein blend for the price in comparison?

Thanks.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
no protein is really "better" than another........for the most part you wont see any difference in body comp with different blends/brands of protein

just find a protein that fits your budget, and you think tastes good.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no protein is really "better" than another........for the most part you wont see any difference in body comp with different blends/brands of protein

just find a protein that fits your budget, and you think tastes good.
Agreed 100% with this here.

Mike

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
and for what its worth.....

myofusion/XF Whey/XF UP 2.0 are my go to proteins.........UP lemon cream pie/cinn roll are absolutely orgasmic.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Myofusion is my go to protein right now, solid blend and solid taste. I use myolean as a meal replacement, and sometimes iso-100 if I'm dieting and counting every gram of carbs lol. Might be changing my go to protein very soon though =]

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
SP protein is hard to beat for the the price.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using beef protein isolate and enjoy the profile of it.

Ao8

Awards
Thanks for the reply guys. I have been using myofusion for awhile and have always had a love/hate with the flavors, and liked the taste of some trutein samples but didn't know if it was any better of a blend.

Btw how much thicker is the UP 2.0 from Myofusion? Had a bad experience with ON caesin does UP really taste that much better?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the reply guys. I have been using myofusion for awhile and have always had a love/hate with the flavors, and liked the taste of some trutein samples but didn't know if it was any better of a blend.

Btw how much thicker is the UP 2.0 from Myofusion? Had a bad experience with ON caesin does UP really taste that much better?
UP has a creamier texture, all depends how much liquid you use.......and yes, it does taste that much better than ON casein. ON casein was chalky and just alsdfl;asdf.....the UP flavoring is delicious, its a struggle not to use 10 scoops a day :D

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Trutein Cinnamon Bun is some delicious stuff, and even better then UP2's Cinn Roll.. IMO.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you looking for a true blend or a casein as they are very very different.....

myofusion is a decent blend with casein in it, but trutein has gotten great reviews if you are looking for a blend that has casein and is different from myofusion.

I personally have used so many different wheys over the years i cant tell you a favorite unless its based on price. but i have enjoyed scivation whey, nutrapro, intrapro and san isolate a ton!

Ao8

Awards
I was looking at getting a straight casein but haven't used since that bad ON experience. Think I might go trutein this route as the texture and flavors seem like a win.... Blend seems solid as well.