What Are Your Staple Supplements?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What Are Your Staple Supplements?


    Title says it all. What are your staple supplements? I'm curious because I would like to expand on mine. I noticed this gets pretty spendy to maintain after a while! Currently this what i take..
    Multi - Mega Men Sport
    Protien - ON Whey
    Not taking a pre-workout right now because I'm taking OEP and that gives me enough caffiene already

    I'm thinking about adding omega-3, BCAA, glutamine? Also what brands would you suggest for them?
    Thanks


  2. Generic Fish Oil, Generic Flax, ON Multi, NP Green Tea Xtract, Scivation Xtend, Myofusion, MP Recon

  3. Thanks stein! That looks like a solid lineup
    •   
       


  4. Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.
    bcaas/eaas - purple wraath, xtend

    I wouldn't bother with glutamine, IMO. Save your money.
    Maybe a creatine product?
    Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.
    or just plain old Creatine monohydrate, if your more traditional.

    What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.
    bcaas/eaas - purple wraath, xtend

    I wouldn't bother with glutamine, IMO. Save your money.
    Maybe a creatine product?
    Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.
    or just plain old Creatine monohydrate, if your more traditional.

    What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.
    Suggest for both lean gain and
    CUTTING
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  6. I like the taste of usplabs mordern bcaa,s both flavours and i use them as a staple in my supplement stack....
    always great on a bulk or cut, sure beats sipping on sodas

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.
    bcaas/eaas - purple wraath, xtend

    I wouldn't bother with glutamine, IMO. Save your money.
    Maybe a creatine product?
    Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.
    or just plain old Creatine monohydrate, if your more traditional.

    What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.
    Suggest for both lean gain and
    CUTTING
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  8. Multi - CL - Orange Triad
    Fish Oil (whatever)
    RecoverPro
    ON Whey

    goto Pre is MP Assault
    when off stims its Ultima + SNS Creatine
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

  9. Orange Triad
    NP Nutrapro Protein
    Scivation Xtend (orange)
    NP Bulk Creatine
    NP Bulk Cissus
    Fish Oil (whatever is cheap that month)
    NP Green Tea Extract

  10. BCAA's, NADH and Citrulline.

    Scivation Xtend for a while- and now I use ERGO-BLITZ.
    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]

  11. Myofusion
    Daily total one vitamin
    Myolean (before bed/mrp)
    BCAA's
    Glutamine
    Joint and Tissue (myogenix)
    Pre-workout of choice is maximize v2 and hemavol, and just hemavol when I'm off stims
    Others I regularly incorporate: Size-on max performance, natural test boosters (running tropinol right now), and a few other things
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  12. Multi. (complete balance or MVP)
    Fish oil.(Omega essentials or omega greens)
    Creatine. ( neovar or creatine mono or pyruvate)
    Protein. ( lipoprotein or map)
    Bcaas. ( aji pure bulk from primordial)
    Pre workout. ( lit up, ultima,focus xt)
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  13. Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Repp View Post
    Thanks stein! That looks like a solid lineup
    Forgot to mention GLC2000

  14. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.
    bcaas/eaas - purple wraath, xtend

    I wouldn't bother with glutamine, IMO. Save your money.
    Maybe a creatine product?
    Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.
    or just plain old Creatine monohydrate, if your more traditional.

    What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.
    Right now i'm 5'9 and 165-170lbs.. 17 years old at 10-11% body fat. I'm working on cutting the last bit of fat hopefully getting down to 8%. My diet and workouts are good i know those are the most important factors but it would be nice to get that extra edge from some supplements. I'm a college football player working out 6 days a week.

    For protein i've always just used whey. I've heard good things about ON pro complex and Myofusion because of the different sources of protein. Should i switch?

  15. Train harder and be tighter in food choice and times and sleep at least 8 hours.

    Your 17. Too young for supps
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  16. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Train harder and be tighter in food choice and times and sleep at least 8 hours.

    Your 17. Too young for supps
    I'm 18 in a month. That's too young to take protein, BCAA, Omega 3 and a multivitamin? I don't see how that could do any harm? I'm not here asking for prohormones or test boosters. Just basic, clean staple supplements.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Repp View Post
    I'm 18 in a month. That's too young to take protein, BCAA, Omega 3 and a multivitamin? I don't see how that could do any harm? I'm not here asking for prohormones or test boosters. Just basic, clean staple supplements.
    No, it's fine. Consider throwing in creatine with those basics and you'll be set.

    But just know, diet > supplements. Hopefully you have your diet down.

  18. Maybe look into throwing a casein protien source in there to help with some recovery. Should help you add some size too. Creatine. Looks good.

    Idk about usplabs modern BCAAs, I hear the 8:1:1 formula they use isn't as effective as the 2:1:1 used in xtend and other Supps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    We can't be affected we must just be injected. Injected with knowledge.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/193825-operation-spring-break.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Repp

    I'm 18 in a month. That's too young to take protein, BCAA, Omega 3 and a multivitamin? I don't see how that could do any harm? I'm not here asking for prohormones or test boosters. Just basic, clean staple supplements.
    Anything more than that is what I mean. My Apologies 1mr.
    Creatine is worth investing in for strength rention when cutting
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  20. Quote Originally Posted by NuclearLaunch View Post
    Maybe look into throwing a casein protien source in there to help with some recovery. Should help you add some size too. Creatine. Looks good.

    Idk about usplabs modern BCAAs, I hear the 8:1:1 formula they use isn't as effective as the 2:1:1 used in xtend and other Supps.
    Thanks for the advice man. Would you recommend replacing whey with pro complex or myofusion? I saw Myofusion on sale at NP. Then getting some Caesin for at night?

  21. Yeah casein for at night. It's kinda your preference for what to do with the whey. If you have been with ON whey and feel like making a change go for myofusion or pro complex, either way works I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    We can't be affected we must just be injected. Injected with knowledge.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/193825-operation-spring-break.html

  22. Pretty much just food for me. Lots of meat!
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  23. I would substitute fat free cottage cheese for casein but thats personal pref.

  24. Trutein
    Wheyology
    Orange TRIad
    Micronized CreaPure

  25. Multi- Optimen or anavite
    Protein-Nutrapro, soon to be iforces protein, scivation whey
    BCAA-Xtend or bulk BCAA
    creatine-Musclepharm creatine, creapure
    preworkout-maximize v2, superpump max with animal rage

    those are what are currently in my pantry and will never leave, i do change from one product to another in the category mentioned but those are my go to's
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

  26. A basic creatine mono & a multi & a protein powder (Monster Milk). I usually stick to Animal Pak. I switched over to vitastack which is very complete but a bit under dosed for me I think. Switching back to the pak in about a week.

    Animal Pak
    Monster Milk
    Basic creatine mono.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    A basic creatine mono & a multi & a protein powder (Monster Milk). I usually stick to Animal Pak. I switched over to vitastack which is very complete but a bit under dosed for me I think. Switching back to the pak in about a week.

    Animal Pak
    Monster Milk
    Basic creatine mono.
    MVP or orange triad is the way to go bro for multi. Monster milk? Berthed options bro...
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  28. Sure there are just prefer what I like. I said the occasional powder. I try and get mostly everything from my diet.
    Greens, lean meats, 100% whole grains & sweet potatos to name most.

    The monster milk because of the "extras" & 50g of easy to get protein and taste.

    Not like I use year round, only when I feel diet may need some "work" from time to time.

    I know that OT doubles as a joint sup, may have to try it one of these days. I'm also the type I use what has worked & what I grow up on.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  29. That's cool man...always good to suggest things. Options are always open
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  30. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79
    That's cool man...always good to suggest things. Options are always open
    Thx
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  31. Dexaprime for when I need energy.
    Slin Sane for when I want to eat a lot of carbs.
    Bulk EAA for intra-workout.

    Fish oil, flax seed oil, multi, saw palmetto, magnesium, aspirin, potassium, valarian root, zinc, betaine, NAC.

    Scivation whey protein
    Dymatize Elite XT
    I-Force Nutrition Creaplex
    I-Force Nutrition Maximize V.2
    I-Force Nutrition Hemavol

    Theres some more to that I always have on me.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Sure there are just prefer what I like. I said the occasional powder. I try and get mostly everything from my diet.
    Greens, lean meats, 100% whole grains & sweet potatos to name most.

    The monster milk because of the "extras" & 50g of easy to get protein and taste.

    Not like I use year round, only when I feel diet may need some "work" from time to time.

    I know that OT doubles as a joint sup, may have to try it one of these days. I'm also the type I use what has worked & what I grow up on.
    Bro, I was an Animal Pak guy for a long time... Animal Flex too... Now I use OT in place of both - joints feel better, everything overall better. lose 2 big bags of pills for 6/day. Give it a shot, I think you will make the switch too after a 2 weeks trial. Plus its CHEAP! 45 days for $24...
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

  33. Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger

    Bro, I was an Animal Pak guy for a long time... Animal Flex too... Now I use OT in place of both - joints feel better, everything overall better. lose 2 big bags of pills for 6/day. Give it a shot, I think you will make the switch too after a 2 weeks trial. Plus its CHEAP! 45 days for $24...
    How do you dose OT personally?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    How do you dose OT personally?
    It says 3 at 2x a day but I take 2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

  35. If better football performance is the goal, and at your age, I would look into more "ergogenics" (as opposed to "anabolics"). Basically, supplements that will push back fatigue and muscle failure so that you can do more work on the field. This will result in more USABLE strength and power, and over time will improve your body composition (there are actually studies that demonstrate this).

    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Citrulline Malate
    Creatinol-O-Phosphate (not a form of creatine)

    They are in various pre-workout formulas, but it's much cheaper and you can ensure you're getting a clinically effective dose if you buy bulk and blend them yourself. If you're on a budget, I'd probably just stick with creatine and beta alanine as they are both cheap, safe, and effective.

    Also, eat like crazy after your practices and games.

  36. Thanks for all the information guys i really appreciate it! This has helped me alot and it will help me achieve my goals alot faster.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Repp View Post
    Thanks for the advice man. Would you recommend replacing whey with pro complex or myofusion? I saw Myofusion on sale at NP. Then getting some Caesin for at night?
    I would suggest just taking ON's gold standard over the pro complex. I've taken both and can't tell any difference. The gold standard is a lot cheaper.

    Orange Triad
    I used to use Anavite but OT has double the amounts of vitamins at the same daily dose, plus it has the joint supps in it.

    fish oil
    coconut oil
    ON gold standard whey
    Scivation Xtend
    If I take a pre it's either White Flood or Muscle Marinade.

  38. Fish oil, Whey Shakes, Coconut oil, All One Powdered Multi, Full spectrum aminos.
    Probiotics, Milk Thistle(never did AAS or PH but it's for environmental toxins.)

    Might add in some creatine and bcaa. Never really trained for size because genetics has big guys on both sides of my family.
    But just to try to keep lean and for martial arts years ago.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    I would suggest just taking ON's gold standard over the pro complex. I've taken both and can't tell any difference. The gold standard is a lot cheaper.

    Orange Triad
    I used to use Anavite but OT has double the amounts of vitamins at the same daily dose, plus it has the joint supps in it.

    fish oil
    coconut oil
    ON gold standard whey
    Scivation Xtend
    If I take a pre it's either White Flood or Muscle Marinade.
    Yeah the difference in price is crazy. Thanks for the advice i think i'll stick with whey.

  40. No problem dude!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looking for staple supplements for overall health?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  2. YOUR Staple supplements for bulking
    By BoyFromAus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
  3. Staple Supplements?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM
  4. New Age Staple Supplements
    By Dr Liftalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
  5. Latest In Staple Supplements
    By Blutarski in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Log in
Log in