What Are Your Staple Supplements?

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Title says it all. What are your staple supplements? I'm curious because I would like to expand on mine. I noticed this gets pretty spendy to maintain after a while! Currently this what i take..
Multi - Mega Men Sport
Protien - ON Whey
Not taking a pre-workout right now because I'm taking OEP and that gives me enough caffiene already

I'm thinking about adding omega-3, BCAA, glutamine? Also what brands would you suggest for them?
Thanks

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Generic Fish Oil, Generic Flax, ON Multi, NP Green Tea Xtract, Scivation Xtend, Myofusion, MP Recon

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Thanks stein! That looks like a solid lineup

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.
bcaas/eaas - purple wraath, xtend

I wouldn't bother with glutamine, IMO. Save your money.
Maybe a creatine product?
Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.
or just plain old Creatine monohydrate, if your more traditional.

What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Fish oil is good. Omega 3's, or flax. Depending on your training, maybe some joint support along with it.

Some good creatine is Green MAGnitude, tastes and works well. PM me for a sample.

What are your stats/goals? We could direct you to a specific stack aimed at achieving what you want.
Suggest for both lean gain and
CUTTING

resmant

resmant

Awards
I like the taste of usplabs mordern bcaa,s both flavours and i use them as a staple in my supplement stack....
always great on a bulk or cut, sure beats sipping on sodas

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

Suggest for both lean gain and
CUTTING

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Multi - CL - Orange Triad
Fish Oil (whatever)
RecoverPro
ON Whey

goto Pre is MP Assault
when off stims its Ultima + SNS Creatine

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad
NP Nutrapro Protein
Scivation Xtend (orange)
NP Bulk Creatine
NP Bulk Cissus
Fish Oil (whatever is cheap that month)
NP Green Tea Extract

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
BCAA's, NADH and Citrulline.

Scivation Xtend for a while- and now I use ERGO-BLITZ.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Myofusion
Daily total one vitamin
Myolean (before bed/mrp)
BCAA's
Glutamine
Joint and Tissue (myogenix)
Pre-workout of choice is maximize v2 and hemavol, and just hemavol when I'm off stims
Others I regularly incorporate: Size-on max performance, natural test boosters (running tropinol right now), and a few other things

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Multi. (complete balance or MVP)
Fish oil.(Omega essentials or omega greens)
Creatine. ( neovar or creatine mono or pyruvate)
Protein. ( lipoprotein or map)
Bcaas. ( aji pure bulk from primordial)
Pre workout. ( lit up, ultima,focus xt)

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards

Right now i'm 5'9 and 165-170lbs.. 17 years old at 10-11% body fat. I'm working on cutting the last bit of fat hopefully getting down to 8%. My diet and workouts are good i know those are the most important factors but it would be nice to get that extra edge from some supplements. I'm a college football player working out 6 days a week.

For protein i've always just used whey. I've heard good things about ON pro complex and Myofusion because of the different sources of protein. Should i switch?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Train harder and be tighter in food choice and times and sleep at least 8 hours.

Your 17. Too young for supps

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Train harder and be tighter in food choice and times and sleep at least 8 hours.

Your 17. Too young for supps
I'm 18 in a month. That's too young to take protein, BCAA, Omega 3 and a multivitamin? I don't see how that could do any harm? I'm not here asking for prohormones or test boosters. Just basic, clean staple supplements.

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
I'm 18 in a month. That's too young to take protein, BCAA, Omega 3 and a multivitamin? I don't see how that could do any harm? I'm not here asking for prohormones or test boosters. Just basic, clean staple supplements.
No, it's fine. Consider throwing in creatine with those basics and you'll be set.

But just know, diet > supplements. Hopefully you have your diet down.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Maybe look into throwing a casein protien source in there to help with some recovery. Should help you add some size too. Creatine. Looks good.

Idk about usplabs modern BCAAs, I hear the 8:1:1 formula they use isn't as effective as the 2:1:1 used in xtend and other Supps.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anything more than that is what I mean. My Apologies 1mr.
Creatine is worth investing in for strength rention when cutting

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Maybe look into throwing a casein protien source in there to help with some recovery. Should help you add some size too. Creatine. Looks good.

Idk about usplabs modern BCAAs, I hear the 8:1:1 formula they use isn't as effective as the 2:1:1 used in xtend and other Supps.
Thanks for the advice man. Would you recommend replacing whey with pro complex or myofusion? I saw Myofusion on sale at NP. Then getting some Caesin for at night?

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Yeah casein for at night. It's kinda your preference for what to do with the whey. If you have been with ON whey and feel like making a change go for myofusion or pro complex, either way works I believe.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much just food for me. Lots of meat!

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
I would substitute fat free cottage cheese for casein but thats personal pref.

lionology

lionology

Awards
Trutein
Wheyology
Orange TRIad
Micronized CreaPure

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi- Optimen or anavite
Protein-Nutrapro, soon to be iforces protein, scivation whey
BCAA-Xtend or bulk BCAA
creatine-Musclepharm creatine, creapure
preworkout-maximize v2, superpump max with animal rage

those are what are currently in my pantry and will never leave, i do change from one product to another in the category mentioned but those are my go to's

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
A basic creatine mono & a multi & a protein powder (Monster Milk). I usually stick to Animal Pak. I switched over to vitastack which is very complete but a bit under dosed for me I think. Switching back to the pak in about a week.

Animal Pak
Monster Milk
Basic creatine mono.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
A basic creatine mono & a multi & a protein powder (Monster Milk). I usually stick to Animal Pak. I switched over to vitastack which is very complete but a bit under dosed for me I think. Switching back to the pak in about a week.

Animal Pak
Monster Milk
Basic creatine mono.
MVP or orange triad is the way to go bro for multi. Monster milk? Berthed options bro...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sure there are just prefer what I like. I said the occasional powder. I try and get mostly everything from my diet.
Greens, lean meats, 100% whole grains & sweet potatos to name most.

The monster milk because of the "extras" & 50g of easy to get protein and taste. :)

Not like I use year round, only when I feel diet may need some "work" from time to time.

I know that OT doubles as a joint sup, may have to try it one of these days. I'm also the type I use what has worked & what I grow up on.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's cool man...always good to suggest things. Options are always open

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dexaprime for when I need energy.
Slin Sane for when I want to eat a lot of carbs.
Bulk EAA for intra-workout.

Fish oil, flax seed oil, multi, saw palmetto, magnesium, aspirin, potassium, valarian root, zinc, betaine, NAC.

Scivation whey protein
Dymatize Elite XT
I-Force Nutrition Creaplex
I-Force Nutrition Maximize V.2
I-Force Nutrition Hemavol

Theres some more to that I always have on me.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Sure there are just prefer what I like. I said the occasional powder. I try and get mostly everything from my diet.
Greens, lean meats, 100% whole grains & sweet potatos to name most.

The monster milk because of the "extras" & 50g of easy to get protein and taste. :)

Not like I use year round, only when I feel diet may need some "work" from time to time.

I know that OT doubles as a joint sup, may have to try it one of these days. I'm also the type I use what has worked & what I grow up on.
Bro, I was an Animal Pak guy for a long time... Animal Flex too... Now I use OT in place of both - joints feel better, everything overall better. lose 2 big bags of pills for 6/day. Give it a shot, I think you will make the switch too after a 2 weeks trial. Plus its CHEAP! 45 days for $24...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bro, I was an Animal Pak guy for a long time... Animal Flex too... Now I use OT in place of both - joints feel better, everything overall better. lose 2 big bags of pills for 6/day. Give it a shot, I think you will make the switch too after a 2 weeks trial. Plus its CHEAP! 45 days for $24...
How do you dose OT personally?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards

Flabby

Awards
If better football performance is the goal, and at your age, I would look into more "ergogenics" (as opposed to "anabolics"). Basically, supplements that will push back fatigue and muscle failure so that you can do more work on the field. This will result in more USABLE strength and power, and over time will improve your body composition (there are actually studies that demonstrate this).

Creatine
Beta Alanine
Citrulline Malate
Creatinol-O-Phosphate (not a form of creatine)

They are in various pre-workout formulas, but it's much cheaper and you can ensure you're getting a clinically effective dose if you buy bulk and blend them yourself. If you're on a budget, I'd probably just stick with creatine and beta alanine as they are both cheap, safe, and effective.

Also, eat like crazy after your practices and games.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Thanks for all the information guys i really appreciate it! This has helped me alot and it will help me achieve my goals alot faster.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice man. Would you recommend replacing whey with pro complex or myofusion? I saw Myofusion on sale at NP. Then getting some Caesin for at night?
I would suggest just taking ON's gold standard over the pro complex. I've taken both and can't tell any difference. The gold standard is a lot cheaper.

Orange Triad
I used to use Anavite but OT has double the amounts of vitamins at the same daily dose, plus it has the joint supps in it.

fish oil
coconut oil
ON gold standard whey
Scivation Xtend
If I take a pre it's either White Flood or Muscle Marinade.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil, Whey Shakes, Coconut oil, All One Powdered Multi, Full spectrum aminos.
Probiotics, Milk Thistle(never did AAS or PH but it's for environmental toxins.)

Might add in some creatine and bcaa. Never really trained for size because genetics has big guys on both sides of my family.
But just to try to keep lean and for martial arts years ago.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
I would suggest just taking ON's gold standard over the pro complex. I've taken both and can't tell any difference. The gold standard is a lot cheaper.

Orange Triad
I used to use Anavite but OT has double the amounts of vitamins at the same daily dose, plus it has the joint supps in it.

fish oil
coconut oil
ON gold standard whey
Scivation Xtend
If I take a pre it's either White Flood or Muscle Marinade.
Yeah the difference in price is crazy. Thanks for the advice i think i'll stick with whey.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Orange Triad
Orange Oximega Fish Oil
SNS MCC
SNS Beta-alanine
SNS ALCAR
SNS Agmatine

^^These are the supplements I use more consistently than any others. Depending on the time of year, I'll also use Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Focus XT.