BCAA on days off? and a few other questions!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.29%

BCAA on days off? and a few other questions!

1. I just got xtend, should I take a serving on my days off?

2. Do you have to take time off with it or can it be taken every day with no time off?

3. Should I be using the new xtend or is the old version ok to use?? I have the old version right now.

4. Can I take multiple servings of it?

Right now I take one before I do my racquetball training...sip it during also

During racquetball tournaments I normally take a few gatorades each day to drink throughout the day.....can I stop the gatorade and use multiple servings of xtend??

5. Anything else I should use with it??

I am 5'8 and around 140-150 pounds...95 percent of my training is racquetball drills/playing/footwork drills

I do pushups and a little bit of weights...mainly sets of 25 just to stay in shape.

Thanks!
    Scott

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.37%

You don't need to cycle it. If you aren't doing heavy resistance training it probably isn't going to do a ton for you on off days. The old stuff is fine. For your body weight I'd go with 3 scoops while you are playing.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.29%

Great thank you! Will increase to 3 on monday when I am at the gym..I just put it in a little water bottle...lemonade is an ok flavor...a little gritty but no problem to drink.

Can it be taken in the place of gatorade when I am at tournaments and drunk a few times a day?

I just saw the new formula has electrolytes which is what gatorade has

Scott
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

i take my bcaas when i wake up and at night on off days. no need to cycle
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Xtend can be taken during your workout to help with endurance. You can take it any other time too but its more suited for intra-workout.
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by rqtball View Post
    1. I just got xtend, should I take a serving on my days off?

2. Do you have to take time off with it or can it be taken every day with no time off?

3. Should I be using the new xtend or is the old version ok to use?? I have the old version right now.

4. Can I take multiple servings of it?

Right now I take one before I do my racquetball training...sip it during also

During racquetball tournaments I normally take a few gatorades each day to drink throughout the day.....can I stop the gatorade and use multiple servings of xtend??

5. Anything else I should use with it??

I am 5'8 and around 140-150 pounds...95 percent of my training is racquetball drills/playing/footwork drills

I do pushups and a little bit of weights...mainly sets of 25 just to stay in shape.

Thanks!
    Scott
    If you were to use them at all use your BCAA with the gatoraide during your games and your training. Otherwise, based on your physique and training I wouldn't waste the money on it. Eat a balance diet with whole food protein.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.29%

I have a lot of problem getting the food and protein I need every day....always out and going with 3 dogs,2 kids and my own training and work.

I tried a bunch of sports bars from our grocery store but everyone I tried were not very good.

Dont like protein shakes either,tried a ton.

Scott
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rqtball View Post
    I have a lot of problem getting the food and protein I need every day....always out and going with 3 dogs,2 kids and my own training and work.

I tried a bunch of sports bars from our grocery store but everyone I tried were not very good.

Dont like protein shakes either,tried a ton.

Scott

Pack a lunch. Get a cooler, pre make your meals the day or the week beforehand. Bars and protein drinks are not meant to used in place of food, they are meant to be used in addition to food. Get your protein from solid meals. You can have a protein drink post workout if you want but that is about all you should use it for. Solid meals are always better than a protein drink. Using bars and drinks to replace meals is absolutely the wrong way.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.29%

The club I do my racquetball training at just had a SUBWAY open last thursday.....thinking that might be good to get subs..always wanted to try their new yogurt parfait also!

Scott

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA's on OFF Days?
    By jcr1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 03:21 AM
  2. bcaa and eaa questions..
    By JudoJosh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 12:05 AM
  3. BCAA on off days, yes or no
    By insane lifter in forum Supplements