Will Nolva lower HDL?

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
I recently had blood work done, but don't have the results back yet. I am curious if being on nolva at the time of the blood work will effect my lipid profile. Obviously, the M1T I took for three weeks could effect my lipids. Any insight is appreciated.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
RESULTS: Total cholesterol and lipoprotein(a) showed moderate but significant decreases from baseline. Low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations as well as triglyceride and apolipoprotein B levels became lower, but these changes were not statistically significant.

Does the results make sense? total cholesterol show moderate, but significant decrease from baseline. LDL, HDL, and triglycerides was lower, but not statistically significant. am i missing something here or is this poorly written?

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
It is poorly written but the jist is that nolva has the same lipid altering effects in men as it does in women, just not to the same extent (ie less severe).

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Enigma76. I don't know what they mean by statistically different, lancelot. IMO, it is poorly written if a layman is supposed to be able to understand. It is informative, though.